Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM

195 posts, read 294,439 times

Advertisements

Do you know the passwords of the email addresses your spouse uses for personal correspondence with friends or relatives (or lovers?)?

They say that many people who are having an affair start it all through flirty emails.

Would you be embarrassed if your spouse read every email you wrote or recieved in the last 12 months? What would they think of your emails?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,705,964 times
Even after my last relationship was over, I had no questionable website visits or emails to be concerned about for at least six months.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 PM

541 posts, read 2,140,217 times
My husband and I both have access to each other's email accounts, but neither of us look unless the other asks us to check something... He can read anything I've ever wrote, if he wanted, and no, I would not be embarrassed!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,289,125 times
Yes, and I look. I don't care. I am a total snoop and totally honest about it. And yes..I crave to go through purses to see what color lipstick you keep and other stupid useless info like that. I am just naturally curious about everything. Including the s.o.'s email.

Would I be embarassed about what I had to write...Well these was one thing I discussed with him and posted about. I would not be embarassed but I would not want him to be upset about being talked about. Nothing I wrote about anything would be a shocker. I can't stand the anxiety of not having the cards on the table so to speak.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,655,834 times
I gave mine access but he never remembers the passwords. If he wanted to check my email any random day that would be fine, no secrets here. I can have access too but who cares? I'm not insecure in our relationship.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,560,917 times
I'd probably be more embarrassed about some of the things I've written here.

Email-wise, I know her non-work email passwords since I set it up for her. She doesn't know mine. The only emails I might be embarrassed about are the ones that get through the spam filters, but not really.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,936,268 times
i've nothing to hide.

most of my emails are to her anyway.

anything "dodgy" i look at on the net, she knows about, and is happy enough with.

at the moment, she doesn't know my password, but that's only because she's never asked.
i'd have no qualms about giving her it, if i needed my email checked, or whatever.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,705,964 times
As a matter of fact, she still has my pin number for my ATM card. My ex, that is, who hasn't been a girlfriend in well over a year.

But she's not going to steal from me either. Just not that way.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Do you know the passwords of the email addresses your spouse uses for personal correspondence with friends or relatives (or lovers?)?

They say that many people who are having an affair start it all through flirty emails.

Would you be embarrassed if your spouse read every email you wrote or recieved in the last 12 months? What would they think of your emails?
People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

We know each others passwords. I never have anything to say to anyone else that I wouldn't be able to say to him

Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,072,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post

I have nothing to hide, and I would not be embarrassed if he were to see my emails, but NO, he does NOT have my passwords, nor does he have access to my emails. He respects my privacy, and I respect his.

What would he think of my emails? Well, he'd probably just roll his eyes and say "oh brother!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships