Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:00 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times

Advertisements

OP could it be something you are doing that is turning her off. It's not always the other person you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,412,597 times
What is so difficult? If the other equipment is not working, it can be like a 15 minute massage. That is why marriages with no sex life do have something seriously wrong. Its a communication break down.

Sex that is not ideal is something entirely different, but even with one arm poking out of a full body cast I am capable of making someone happy if called upon to do so.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:13 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,184,361 times
It's too easy to blame just the woman for her loss of desire.
There are many avenues to look for ways to get her to WANT it again, not just tolerate it.
(And why would a man want to be with someone who isn't having a good time? Sounds selfish and disgusting to me.)

Some suggestions:

Dr. visit to rule out medical problems.
HELP WITH THE HOUSEWORK.
Be thoughtful and flirty throughout the day...not just when you want sex.
Listen to her. She just might tell you what the problem is.
And most importantly- let her know that you want her to enjoy sex for HER sake...not yours.

My husband has always focused on my pleasure first...and my happiness outside the bedroom. That makes a woman look forward to thinking of new ways to show her appreciation...and it makes for very intense intimicy.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:13 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,945,761 times
Quote:
tiger's poor excuse for his behavior had nothing to do with his wife what so ever. the man had no concern for anything or anyone other than himself. he felt he had the right to do what he wanted no matter what. if his wife wasn't putting out as you suggest, which I highly doubt, he should have manned up and divorced her. the thought that anyone thinks this is the reason for tiger's irresponsibility belongs in the dark ages. so glad there are men in the world who know better than the thinking you expressed in this post.
Oh really...well all I can say is that you'd be shocked on how many men think the way I do...but are too scared to say it...

Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Women (usually) must be emotionally connected to their partner, and that can be a weak area for men - thus the falling out.
I think you nailed it. Most of the time women's lack of desire for sex is not caused by low libido per se, but by not feeling loved and emotionally and otherwise supported.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:15 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,096,125 times
Women like to have a positive connection with their partners. Maybe the man doesn't give her compliments or he is negative all day then expects 'sex' on demand?

A man who wants to please his wife and have sex needs to start at 8 am..good morning, dear..how are you? How was your day? Put down the remote and act interested in HER as a person.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:22 PM

541 posts, read 2,140,728 times
Hmm, we are actually the opposite! My husband has less interest than I do and he is 11 years younger than me I am the one wondering why... I am a fit, attractive woman who takes care of myself, and when we married three years ago, we were intimate 4-5 days per week. Now we are down to 1-2 and I am puzzled. He works long hours, and I understand that he is tired, but I did not expect this form a mid-30's man...

Old 12-24-2009, 01:24 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,165,037 times
Don't get married. Men that have the option of walking away or have their pick of the littler don't experience women going frigid. This is because the women can't afford to play that kind of sex on a string game knowing full well that the man has other options that he'll quickly trade her in for. Bottom line for the ladies, keep your man satisfied and he won't have a reason to stray.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Don't get married. Men that have the option of walking away or have their pick of the littler don't experience women going frigid. This is because the women can't afford to play that kind of sex on a string game knowing full well that the man has other options that he'll quickly trade her in for. Bottom line for the ladies, keep your man satisfied and he won't have a reason to stray.
This has to be THE biggest crock I've read on here in a while!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
This has to be THE biggest crock I've read on here in a while!
I kinda agree too.

Men don't have the power, women do. All a woman has to do is make her self available and most of the time guys come flocking.

Men make themselves available and most women don't come flocking.

Some exceptions do exist, but not many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships