Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 07:23 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone can live without sex. But it's a fun part of life that nobody should have to live without it against their wishes.
saying you can't live without it is simply a figure of speech but take a poll and see what the guys say......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 07:25 AM

138 posts, read 285,419 times
Sex is like air; it's not important unless you aren't getting any.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Hi ladies,

...its not like sex is torture...even if you have lost your sexual drive..its still a pleasurable experience...I don't understand...why you wives are so against giving your husband sex...and from what I've heard its one of the main reasons why husbands leave their marriage excluding money problems...

Look at Tiger Woods...women have asked me why would tiger cheat on his wife...she's so attractive...well if the truth be known...I bet he wasn't getting anything at home and guess what!!!!
Actually, having sex if you're not in the mood can actually be kinda gross. If I'm not mentally there, the physical act can range from boring to downright repulsive. Especially if I'm cheesed off at the person or just unhappy or have less respect for them. Then I'm not really inclined to have them touch me at all.

And if Tiger Woods wanted to have sex whenever and with whomever, he shouldn't have gotten married. It's not an excuse.

And if guys want their wives to be in the mood for it more often, they should make an effort to help get them in the mood. And that includes respecting her enough to be a grown-up and help around the house, etc. Not just candlelight and flowers.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,297 times
thats such a load of crap
these same women gave it up like crazy when they were dating the same guy and the guy didnt have to jump thru hoops to get it

Old 12-25-2009, 08:18 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Hi ladies,

I hear so many complaints from husbands including myself that their wives have completely lost interest in sex...Now I've heard all the reasons why, from menopause to loss of testosterone...My question is... so what...its not like sex is torture...even if you have lost your sexual drive..its still a pleasurable experience...I don't understand...why you wives are so against giving your husband sex...and from what I've heard its one of the main reasons why husbands leave their marriage excluding money problems...

Look at Tiger Woods...women have asked me why would tiger cheat on his wife...she's so attractive...well if the truth be known...I bet he wasn't getting anything at home and guess what!!!!

I have heard those complaints too. I am very lucky to be married to my best friend who still turns me on. Now there are times when our sex drives are different but like "Branson" said how hard is it for me to give my husband pleasure when he wants it, considering he gives me a life of happiness? Not much. So he can get whatever he wants whenever he wants. He just has to ask because hey I'm not a mind reader, lol.

For the people who lack the desire whether from stress or aging I urge you to make the time and make it fun. Get some toys or try something new. Sex is a very healthy and fun part of a relationship. Be adventurous and have some fun with it.

Now it's a completely different story if you are no longer attracted to or you no longer love your spouse.

I do know that my hubby won't stray. He respects and loves me too much. He also is very happy at home.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
these same women gave it up like crazy when they were dating the same guy and the guy didnt have to jump thru hoops to get it
Lol...in the beginning, everyone acts differently.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:27 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,404,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
This whole thread has me amazed and thankful that I have the marriage I do. Sex in a good relationship isn't about "giving it up" or "receiving it on demand". Its about SHARING IT, with both people being onboard with the idea. DH & I have been married for almost 30 years and we are still going strong. There have been points over the years I haven't been inclinded to "share" because of stress, or health, or other things. Just the same, there have been times where DH has been in the same mindframe. Bottom line is that if you are defining a relationship on the quantity of sex you are getting, you are missing the whole point and the relationship is already in trouble. Take it from someone who has been married a long time & who plans to live the rest of her life with this one man, don't define your relationship on just this one detail. Work on it as a whole and the details will happen without effort.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:00 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hmmm the OP makes an interesting point. However, I see just the opposite happening. I hang out with a lot of married women and their chief complaint is not that they have to give it up too often, rather it is their husbands can't hang. I have heard a woman's appetite grows the older she gets. I don't know since i'm just over legal (lol).

Yep. You got it.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yep. You got it.

Better get those men the little blue pills or invite BOB over, lol.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:27 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Against real opposition you just end up looking like the fool.
Let's leave this decision up to the audience, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships