Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
veuvegirl...I'd rather stay home doing house chores all day than going out in real world dealing daily with job stress and A-*&@#$% co-workers...im problem going to get alot flack for saying this...my wife was complaining the other day that she had to wash a ton of clothes...and Im thinking to myself...what are you talking about...you didn't wash the clothes...the Kenmore washer did!!!...It wasn't like in my mother's time where she lived in a farm and had to wash clothes by hand...Believe me I would switch places with my wife anyday...and you know what... at the end of the day..I would still give her sex when she came home from work...

BTW...I hope all you wives out there had a nice Xmass..and I hope you gave your husbands the gift he was really looking for....

I can see why you're not getting sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 05:36 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
And, gentlemen, while we're on the subject (I speak with some authority---I have the honour of being the man the lady I quoted believes is Mr. Right), let's try to remember something an awful lot of men including the OP seem to have forgotten:

You want a sex life with her? Then try thinking about building a love life with her. And in the way it really counts.

Don't schpritz on about every thing you do or give. How about asking and answering, honestly enough, how much of you you are willing to give no matter how damn hard you do (or think you do) work in the professional world? Because I'm going to tell you this much---if you're not giving anything resembling yourself, if you're not offering anything resembling yourself beyond what's between your legs, then I don't want to hear about who's not getting what and why. Did the OP or anyone who might agree with him stop to ponder what Tiger Woods was or wasn't offering of himself (other than what's between his legs) when he wasn't on the golf tour and was home to be a real husband and father? Does anyone really think that, if you have nothing of yourself to offer your wife or your partner other than what's between your legs when the sap's flowing, you have the right to be shocked when you discover you haven't been "getting it" for long enough? Or the right to blame her (or him, for that matter, if it's the other way 'round) when this comes to pass?

Let me tell you something. It takes an awful lot more than working long, building fancy homes, buying expensive toys, and stuffing a dwelling to make a home, a relationship, a romance. Because if you're not offering yourself---if you're measuring yourself and what you offer in terms of things---you're offering nothing, and you're not exactly owed a damn thing for it if you're offering nothing that really matters. Those children would probably swap every damn last fancy toy or fat allowance payment for a lot more of you in their lives. That spouse or partner would probably swap every damn last square foot of that big fancy house (whether or not you built it yourself) for a lot more of you in her life.

And don't tell me you're working just too damn hard providing all that other stuff which, while it has its importance, is really nothing more than just things, just a dwelling, when all is said and done. You can replace things. You can replace a dwelling. Good luck replacing children. Better luck replacing a wife, a husband, a partner, especially if you were the one who had your head so far up your ass you couldn't see the moonlight without moving your tongue to one side. Because if all you have is a dwelling and a lot of things, but you have a wife or husband who's indifferent to you because you did nothing to preserve or enhance the love, the romance, the feeling that brought you together in the first place, then you have nothing.

Nothing.

My lady tells me often enough and I believe it with all my heart---it doesn't matter what you have if you don't really have each other, if you don't really nurture each other, if you don't really share with each other, if you don't really place each other in the real number one position in your lives, and while she's at it she thanks me for the sharing, the nurturing, the placing each other at the real number one position in each other's lives.

And let me tell you, without divulging details that are, really, her prerogative, my honour, and nobody else's business, I have the honour of having a sex life most people can only fantasise about. Maybe it starts with thinking of it not as just a sex life but as part, parcel, and precious most parcel of a love life together.

Because I had, really, only one thing to offer her---me. That she thinks having me is so wonderful testifies only to her lack of taste in men because I know damn well she could have done way better than me. But I thank God for her every minute of my life.

And I'm not about to let anything get in the way of that. No dwelling, fancy or otherwise. No volume of things. No big show otherwise. I can't really afford to do it now as it is, but if and when I get comfortably well off professionally again I'm still not going to let any better such things get in the way of what's really important, because I know as much as any man can know that I could give her all the damn things on earth and it wouldn't mean two pins if I gave nothing of me.

She thinks that's even better.

Even if I still think she could have done better.

I think you are my husband's lost brother. Kudos to you. Your wife is as fortunate as I am.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:55 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Nicely said! Sex is not a duty owed to either party - relationships are about compromises and give and take - in and out of the bedroom.
Yes, sex is owed to the other party. It's a fundamental obligation to your spouse and is one of the few things that's expected of you when you sign the dotted line on that marriage contract with the state and your SO. In fact in several states a spouse not having sex is grounds for a "fault" based divorce.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Yes, sex is owed to the other party. It's a fundamental obligation to your spouse and is one of the few things that's expected of you when you sign the dotted line on that marriage contract with the state and your SO. In fact in several states a spouse not having sex is grounds for a "fault" based divorce.
Some people do think this way, although there is nothing in a marriage contract that says ANYTHING about sex. Go ahead and look, I can wait. Unless you write something up on your own, and I've seen that too.

But I'm guessing that even with this kind of "duty" sex, you know..the kind where the woman might just lie there and not try to stop you but not be into it and not want to do anything beyond that, isn't exactly what a guy wants anyway. You can't legalize or moralize someone into being enthusiastic.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:04 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,827 times
Quote:
YES, you are selfish and the above shows it. You will put yourself out to help young marines because you get something back - credit.
the only credit I got... was personal satisfaction of helping improve the quality life for marines...

Stop talking out of your butt!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:08 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
the only credit I got... was personal satisfaction of helping improve the quality life for marines...

Um..... the poster was not talking out his/her butt, he/she was making a point. You take the time to HELP others. To WORK hard. But when it comes to your wife all you say is WTF the Kenmore washed the clothes? Try satisfying your wife and her quality!!!

Seriously? Think about what you are saying to her and about her!!!! How about a "thanks honey, I love you." Not a WTF? You belittle your wife and what she does from your words in this thread. If you haven't realized that from pretty much every woman that is posting TELLING you, that you need to put forth a little effort, you will both get a lot out of it.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:

Did anyone ever tell you that you would catch more flies with honey?
There's more to being a man that being a good soldier or a good provider....

Try to see things from your wife's point of view. She will love you for it...

You will not only make her feel better...your love life will improve dramatically.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,932,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I think you are my husband's lost brother. Kudos to you. Your wife is as fortunate as I am.
I'd be the proudest man on earth if I had the honour of calling her my wife. But she is my SO. And I will tell you (and anyone else who cares to listen--well, read) that if the time comes when she does grant me the honour of becoming her husband, I'm going to change in three ways:

Jack, diddley, and squat.

And anyone who has a woman like my SO and doesn't want to romance her every moment they have together is a fool.

And, for some (not all) of you characters out there who still think the way the OP seems still to think, I've got a news flash for you that I forgot to mention in my own earlier post:

Somebody worked their shapely little fanny off to make your dwelling into a home . . . and it doesn't seem to have been you. And often as not that somebody may have been holding down a job of her own outside the house. So what is her reward for making that dwelling into a home? Her husband providing things, lots of things, and then gnashing and wailing on an Internet forum because she won't do the bedroom thing on demand, or at least at (his) will.

Does it ever cross your minds that you could have (and should have) done an awful lot more to help make that dwelling a home? No, gentlemen, I don't mean adding a room or knocking down a wall to broaden a room or installing a fireplace or any of that stuff. I mean, what have you been doing when you walk through the door at the end of those oh so long, lugging, lugubrious days when you've fought yet another battle of wits with the unarmed to a draw and you've clawed, crawled, and crashed your way through yet another clusterfornication on the freeway, the highway, or the backstreets to get there?

Because the minute you walk through that door, what you ought to be feeling is that it's time to put the damn world away, a-way, and remind yourself of what made it worth it to fight those battles every day. Actually, not what---who.

There she is, gentlemen. That's the girl who agreed to spend the rest of her life with you. That's the girl who gave you her heart and accepted yours. That's the girl who looked at you with love and longing in her heart and, yes, once upon a time, her loins, because she thought you were looking at her the same way.

Once upon a time, you did look at her that way.

Somewhere along the way, you didn't just lose the plot, you might have thrown it away without even realising you were doing it. Somewhere along the way, you let the world possess you firmly enough that you forgot, if you ever knew, that even this addlepated, chameleonic, cacophonous world can't destroy what matters most in your heart if you refuse to let it do so. And you began coming back to a place to hang your hat, toss your coat, plant your exhausted carcass in a big sofa or chair, and expect the world inside that dwelling---by now you probably couldn't call it home, sadly---to cater to your every last whim while somehow managing to resist the little soft currents of rejuvenation that a real home, the one you forgot to do your part in nurturing and enhancing, blows into your system the second you open the door and begin to step through.

You see now a wife/partner who's likewise wiped. Hungering for something she seems to have lost long enough ago. Hungering for the guy who used to come home and look at her as if she was a gift from God, the guy who used to come home and want nothing more than to wrap his arms around her wherever she was and tell her, meaning every last syllable of it, that even if he'd had a lousy day, the biggest pain in the ass on the planet, it was worth it because here's the real reason he did it, and by the way, honey, how's about I kill the lights, light some candles all around, kill the tube, put on some music (quick aside: If some of you guys are waking up at last, you might think about rushing out and buying whatever copies you can find of classic bossa nova---Stan Getz, Astrud Gilberto, Jobim, Almeida, Wanderley---I guarantee it: there may have been no more intimately romantic or sexy music ever to walk the planet---Whistler) that reminds us why we got together and stayed together in the first place, and let's make dinner together, and sure I'll dance you between the counter, the burners, the fridge, and the pantry, and back, while we do it, and yes I did say we, I know a few things in the kitchen and if I don't I'm here to learn or re-learn from my lady and who cares how long it takes to get dinner done because we're doing it together . . . and by the way, darling, there isn't a woman alive who plays in your league in the kitchen or anywhere else in the house . . . and, yes, I'll feed you gladly, you just sit down there, relax, let me finish putting this together, and we'll just feed each other, we'll stay close, and by the way I hope you don't mind if I took the phone off the hook because there are priorities here . . . namely, you and, oh, by the way, who says the bedroom is the only room in the house where it's appropriate to make love and, yes, I said make love---sex is easy . . . making love is something deeper . . . and by the way thank you, darling, for making sure I never forget that . . .

And I don't mean just once in awhile to break the monotony.

Because no matter how hard her day was, all she needs is a mate coming through the door as if that's the place he most wants to be, and any and all (well, most) exhaustion will dissipate post haste. Because all she wants is love. All she wants is you. It isn't exactly that difficult to romance her when you come home. She doesn't really think it's exactly that difficult to love you or romance you.

Not until you quit being that mate.

And if you're dumb enough to quit being that mate, if you're dumb enough to start putting it into terms of provision, things, possessions, toys, you name it, you're going to lose something on which you can't put a material or dollar value. Something you can't replace.

Her.

In the bedroom . . . and out of it.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
LOLOL reminds me of a case in Texas awhile back. The man wanted a divorce based on the fact his wife wouldn't have sex. It was determined he did not consider the nightly oral sex as sex (Clinton stated it was not sex...) It also came out he never did a thing for her so she won.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,350 times
Quote:

I understand that some people think this way, but what's the point? I mean, if your spouse doesn't want to have sex with you and basically you force it, is that not along the lines of rape?

Thank god I'm young and most men don't think that way these days - because if that was their take on marital sex, I can guarantee there wouldn't be a marriage to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships