Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Pretty Pathetic, that is that all some guys can talk about is overweight women. Why don't some of them take a look at themselves, i am more then sure, some of them, are not no TOM CRUISE OR BRAD PITT. Or carrying a nice 6 pack. And no i am not fat, weigh 115 and already on a diet for the New Year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Perhaps there is a shortage of thin women that find the complaining men attractive?
NOW you're getting somewhere ... I think that could be part of what's going on for sure!

And to the poster (woman) who said she gets yelled out by fat women and she doesn't want to see them in hot pants, etc: That's pretty much like me (upon looking at her profile photo) saying "PLEASE - WHY DO I HAVE TO LOOK AT THAT CLOSEUP OF YOU? WHY DO YOU FORCE ME TO SEE ALL THE PORES IN YOUR FACE? COVER IT UP, FOR GOODNESS SAKES!"

Just people looking for something to criticize -- dear Lord from the sound of some of these posts we've been reading the last week, I wonder if what the critics really want to say is that fat people have NO right to take up room on this planet...I think THAT'S what they really think. Stupidity.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I get bashed and insulted for being not fat. When I walk through a store with a dress, fat people talk bad about me. Fat women. The stare at me, hate me, talk about me, sometimes so loud, that I HAVE TO hear it. I don't care how big people are. But please dress appropriate. It seems to me, the bigger people are, the less clothes they put on and really rub it in your face and it is disgusting to see the belly with stretchmarks hanging out of wayyyyy toooo short tank shirts. And wearing hot pants where the thighs rub at each other - REALLY??? I do not want to see that. The funny thing is, I barely see women in hot pants who can afford it - they mostly wear long pants.
Oh Please! In all the shopping I have done in my life, I have never seen this so-called "attack of the fat women"! If you don't like what these "offensive" people look like, just DON'T LOOK. What business is it of yours whether or not their "thighs rub at each other"...

Old 01-05-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Here in VA are not only black guys. I went to the family cruise day on my husbands ship. Most of the spouses were fat and the Navyguys walked around the ship with them as if they were trophy wife's, extremely in love and holding hands, kissing - obviously proud. I would have guessed the one's who are married to big women don't want to have them come to the ship and let other people see them and afterwards make fun of them.
Could you get a clue here? The "Navyguys walked around ... extremely in love and holding hands, obviously proud"...Doesn't that tell you something? Perhaps your husband didn't act as proud of you and you are offended?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
A question to big womenlover - I guess you like the big boobs and the big butts. Kinda understandable. Is this worth so much that it blinds you for the cellulite, big belly, double chin and back boobs? Or do you find that attractive, too? I can understand the boob and butt part but by looking at that you kinda have to see the belly, too (because the boobs are hanging just as low), which would turn me off more than the boobs turn me on.
Oh-Eve: Judging from your photo and your posts here, it seems apparent to me that you somehow resent fat women because you feel that you deserve more respect/attention/adulation than they do and you're not getting it - could that be right?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
these are not major offenses, but I have to admit that really fat people are somewhat of a net detriment to society.
So what do you suggest? Should we just "kill em all" and be done with it? What a stupid remark -- "net detriment to society" ... uh really?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I don't think trashing people in general is cool, let alone anything based on appearance. For example, and I rarely complain about my dh, I don't like it when he puts forth great energy to talk smack about a band. He's really into music, and that's great, but I don't like the idea of trashing someone else's efforts (be it music, art, books, whatever).

Old 01-05-2010, 05:34 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
How many overweight women are very successful? VERY FEW! Every company I have worked for, almost every woman in higher positions was either very pretty or thin or both.

Like someone said, if I can get to the gym sometimes 5 times a week, why can't they?

Also, I am not attracted sexually to a woman who is overweight and how is a man supposed to fake that? I have a friend who decided to give a "bigger" chance and when they finally tried to have sex for the first time, he could not do it. I don't blame him at all!

Another thing I notice about many overweight women is the fact that many are emotionally unstable and have very low self esteem, so even if you look past the fat, there are other problems!

I have never offended or disrespected a fat woman because I am not an ******* but sometimes I feel like doing it so that they can get a clue and start working out and eating right.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have never offended or disrespected a fat woman because I am not an ******* but sometimes I feel like doing it so that they can get a clue and start working out and eating right.
A friend of mine, who has a weight problem, was recently confronted by a man that felt like doing it and did. His rant only hurt her. It wasn't inspiring. She's had a rough couple of years, but things are finally starting to look up for her and I'm sure she'll be tackling her weight issue this year.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
How many overweight women are very successful? VERY FEW! Every company I have worked for, almost every woman in higher positions was either very pretty or thin or both.
Then you haven't been around much -- that is one of the least educated remarks I have ever read frankly. That statement is so far from correct that I really have no words for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships