Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Move on. But don't rush into another relationship. Maybe breaking up with your boyfriend might motivate him to get his life in order. Maybe he will be better able to figure things out without you hovering over him nagging him to get a job.

It's wonderful that he was there for you while you were recovering from being raped, but that doesn't mean you have to stick with him forever and marry him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 04:14 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachForTheSkyy View Post
I love him and everything has been perfect, except......
Lol.

If I got a penny everytime a woman said that, I'd be filthy rich by now. The writings are on the wall, and yet you feel the need to ask the public about it. It is well and truly beyond my comprehension.

I tell you what, stay with him, let him live off you cos he's too lazy to work, and let him get drunk and cheat on you. He's such a catch innit?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
Like some others have already said, it was great that he was there for you when you were going through a rough time in your life. But everything in life has a season. You've moved past that season and are moving on with your life. He refuses to do the right thing and be a responsible adult. There's nothing you can do about it. As much as you'd like to fix him, you can't.

You need to let him go and move on with your life. You only get one youth, one life. Don't waste it. Appreciate what he did for you, but move on to the next phase of your life. Lots of good things await you.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Like some others have already said, it was great that he was there for you when you were going through a rough time in your life. But everything in life has a season. You've moved past that season and are moving on with your life. He refuses to do the right thing and be a responsible adult. There's nothing you can do about it. As much as you'd like to fix him, you can't.

You need to let him go and move on with your life. You only get one youth, one life. Don't waste it. Appreciate what he did for you, but move on to the next phase of your life. Lots of good things await you.
This is excellent advice. I know you love him and he has good qualities, but it's time to move on. He cheated on you, he doesn't have a job, he mooches off of others to pay his bills, and he's just not responsible. You're moving in the right direction careerwise and this guy will be like an anchor weighing you down if you keep him around. Please break up with him and get on with your life. There are plenty of quality men out there who would be thrilled to have such a wonderful girlfriend.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachForTheSkyy View Post
Hey Everyone,

So I am in need of a little bit of help. I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half now, I love him and everything has been perfect, except he has not had a job for over a year and is back living with his parents. Before you all tell me to kick him to the curb I want to provide the whole story.

I met my boyfriend shortly after I had been raped. He had been there for me and was one of the first guys who truly treated me right. He was willing to take things slow and has always been there for me when I would break down. He really opened up my life back to his former glory. I had my sense of adventure and fun back again. He is someone I can be myself with, I can talk to him and we always enjoy our time together. We have never had any big fights and when we have our arguments we talk everything out.

I'll give your boyfriend credit for the above but everything after that is inexcusable. You appear to have a clear idea of what you want. You are, as your username suggests, reaching for the sky. He is not and his motor is burnt out. He is not contributing to your rise and is holding you back. You need to maintain focus on yourself.

You already know what you need to do.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
WAS for good for you and IS good for you are two different things. In the beginning he WAS good for you, but he isn't. You are on a very mobile path that he doesn't want to join you on and quite frankly you've provided him with little incentive. It's time to make him put on his big boy pants and get a job or bounce. Give him a deadline to get a job and stick to it. If he genuinely has been trying you might consider an extension but only if he really has been looking.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:27 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
What would you tell a friend of yours in the same situation?

Old 01-18-2010, 07:56 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
I would taser him.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Whatever you do, don't get pregnant again. Get on the best birth control available.

You can change you. You can't change anyone else. He is doing what he wants to do.

Say thanks and good bye. Move on!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
The dating selection for women must be extremely poor right now if women have to put up with such bad men. Or maybe it's just poor judgment that keeps a woman attached to men who won't hold a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships