Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:48 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,031,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Marry him and start a big family. Everything will be ok.
OMG, I almost choked reading that, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,124,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachForTheSkyy View Post
I don’t know, I guess I was looking for something else… sorry guys, not too interested in being defensive and angry. I'll still check up on this, but I'm looking for a different answer than what I'm getting.
In other words, you don't really want good advice, you just want someone to tell you that are doing the right thing. No one who has any sense of responsibility is going to tell you that this situation is a good thing or encourage you to give up your life for another person who isn't trying to make him own life better.

I am truly sorry that you don't feel you deserve better. If you are bound and determined to "fix" him, try tough love. Tell him his vacation from life is over and get a job.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,733,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachForTheSkyy View Post

OP was busy working, didn't realize how fast you all would respond.

After reading through all the posts I do understand were a lot of you are coming from. From the outside looking in its a logical choice to end the relationship, to cut your losses and move on. Yes there are many fine fish in the sea, but there are very few who truly can bring out the best in you.

I'm not in this relationship because of guilt, because I owe him anything, I'm here because he has the same views I do on life, the same path, he's just struggling to find a way back. Weather we're husband and wife or best friends I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of my life with him. I wasn't looking for people ragging on me for being with him. I just honestly wanted some peoples advice on how to help him move forward.

I don’t know, I guess I was looking for something else… sorry guys, not too interested in being defensive and angry. I'll still check up on this, but I'm looking for a different answer than what I'm getting.
You can NOT do anything to help him move forward. Clearly, since he's already cheated on you (right?) he doesn't have any trouble moving withOUT you! You can't fix him. You're young, clearly you don't understand just how many folks here have been where you're at right now.

These are voices of experience girl....and they're trying to help you save your life....trying to help YOU move forward. Clearly, it's not working, judging from your comment here.

Okay....we're trying to help you move forward..... You want to help him move forward.... Do you get the connection here? What make you think you're going to more successful in your attempts than the posters here have been?

In all your years of experience and expertise ..... what makes you think you can MAKE him change his ways. What makes you think he won't resent the heck out you for even trying. Take a good look at him. Do you really want to be living with THAT person 10 years from now? Well then, you might want to make up your mind before wasting 10 years of your life! It's highly probable that he's going to be the exact same person then that he is now!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,059,919 times
So just in case you come back......

Did you know victims of rape often involve themselves in relationships with losers? Why? Because they have no self esteem and believe that's all they deserve.

I hope you are getting some kind of therapy to deal with the aftermath of the rape. But I think the answer is probably no because any therapist worth a darn would have already been pointing this out to you.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,234 times
Smile Men Who Won't Work!

WHY are you wasting your life on one bad decision after another? You're in need of more than "a little help." You don't have a boyfriend, you have a PARASITE! WHY is it that women, especially, are willing to abort their helpless, unborn children, instead of their WORTHLESS so-called boyfriends?! Are you that emotionally insecure that you need any man, even a low-life? When is your first solo-counseling appointment? Move out NOW & don't give him the key to your new place! It's 100% guaranteed that he'll find another DESPERATE female to take care of him, so don't waste time worrying about him. When we're young we have dreams, but Dreamland is not reality...preparing for the future, etc., is reality. Time is passing quickly, so move on before you get older & less desirable! At any age, a man can find a youthful woman. Reading the Bible & praying will give you godly wisdom.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,066,296 times
The OP was from three years ago....Doesn't anyone look at the date?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM

442 posts, read 801,282 times
And a first post, too. Maybe it's from the OP who found God in the meantime and is confronting her former self?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships