Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,282,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I think you should move on. Thank him for helping you through your difficult time but tell him you guys have grown into different people and it's now time to break it off. If you take him with you you will most likely end up hating him in the end and wasting a lot of time. It sounds like you have grown up a lot but he hasn't.
Just a warning for the future....Some men will pick a female based on the fact they are in a crap position life. They play the hero for a short while and the ride that out as long as they can and try to get away with destructive behavior.(like cheating and not working) Then they will go back and say "well I was there for you" Don't fall into that crap trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:58 AM

233 posts, read 744,602 times
You don't have the maturity to be in a relationship right now plain and simple. You have a lot of issues you need to deal with. I bet you anything if you were to dump your boyfriend your next boyfriend would be an exact replica of your current boyfriend. Like I said, you have a lot issue you need to iron out. Did you seek a therapist after being raped?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,687,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
You don't have the maturity to be in a relationship right now plain and simple. You have a lot of issues you need to deal with. I bet you anything if you were to dump your boyfriend your next boyfriend would be an exact replica of your current boyfriend. Like I said, you have a lot issue you need to iron out. Did you seek a therapist after being raped?
This post almost sounds as if you are turning it on her, and making her to blame.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,558,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachForTheSkyy View Post
I'm determined to make this work, and would be willing to do anything, but I need some help.
He should be saying this, not you, at this point. He should be helping you.
There's a curb out there in need of a warm body.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,127,574 times
I think MonkeyKid may have been trying to be helpful and not blaming her. S/he is right. If you did not get counselling after the rape, please do so. I know you may think you are fine and have worked out all the issues, but you may not have if you did not get professional counselling. That counselling could have been with a volunteer from a Rape Crisis Center, a group, or individual private therapy. I have seen so many young girls/women believe it was all behind them only to wind up dealing with it again many years later. I was a volunteer with the RCC and I am also a survivor.

As to the bf issue, you've gotten some great advice and I will add only 1 bit more:

Go on with your life without him. If it is meant to be, he will get his act together and join you. If he doesn't join you succeeding in life, working towards his dream, then it is not meant to be.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:20 PM

76 posts, read 108,636 times
A girl I work with is going through the same thing, she's 24 and had a child with her boyfriend, he doesn't work.
Hes a good looking guy that makes friends easily but is a total bum. She is very fat but fun in a lets be friends kinda way.
She asked me to roll up her sleeves at work the other day because she had food on her hands "making salads" I tried but it was embarassing because of the size of her forearms.
I know this guy is just along for the ride, I've had a conversation or two with him and I hate it that I understand why. because I don't like him.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I think MonkeyKid may have been trying to be helpful and not blaming her. S/he is right. If you did not get counselling after the rape, please do so. I know you may think you are fine and have worked out all the issues, but you may not have if you did not get professional counselling. That counselling could have been with a volunteer from a Rape Crisis Center, a group, or individual private therapy. I have seen so many young girls/women believe it was all behind them only to wind up dealing with it again many years later. I was a volunteer with the RCC and I am also a survivor.

As to the bf issue, you've gotten some great advice and I will add only 1 bit more:

Go on with your life without him. If it is meant to be, he will get his act together and join you. If he doesn't join you succeeding in life, working towards his dream, then it is not meant to be.
Good post! Its always nice to point out about the counseling after the rape, abortion, etc.

But....this thread is directed towards her BF who will not work.
It sounds like she finally has her sh*t together, and has high hopes that he will follow her, and needing advice on how to handle that situation.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This post almost sounds as if you are turning it on her, and making her to blame.
Blame isn't the right word, but it's true that this guy can't possibly dump on her like this without her permission.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Blame isn't the right word, but it's true that this guy can't possibly dump on her like this without her permission.
You want to explain this one to me? I don`t understand what you are saying?

Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,126,763 times
The answer should be obvious. He's got a sugar mama paying his bills and taking care of him. It's YOUR fault for allowing this to continue for this long. Even though he's stood by you, love don't pay the bills. Drop the zero and get with a hero. Easier said than done given the history you two have with each other. You're about yours and he isn't, so why would you want to be with someone with no hustle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships