Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 01:22 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Does this mean you agree with the theory of imbalance, that the typical man is more angry with women at-large, than vice-versa?

I do not feel strongly one way or the other, but I feel that other posters' assertions are inadequate when they assume that the feelings must be equal and bilateral.
Hi Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus,

I see just as much consternation from older women. It is true that divorce stories
are often horrible. However a woman at 45 has lost one of her assets. If a man and woman at 25 marry and split at 40, I would hardly call that equal biologically. He can recycle himself. We could call it a Tom Cruise move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Why do some of you care? It never bothered me to be hated by anyone. If women hate me for being a man, what does that have to do with me? Some men are angry and post here? So what? Who cares?

Old 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Some threads in here, you wonder how they keep going for so long.

Some threads you wish they didn't !

Old 02-04-2010, 01:32 PM

272 posts, read 286,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You are unable to learn social skills, and you recognize this, but you don't recognize that your inability to learn social skills may be why you think the way you do?

Do you set a clock to when you choose to be autistic or just plain nasty? Or have you convinced yourself that you are autistic? Lie enough and you start believing it.

A doctor didn't tell me I might have Aspergers until I was 25 years old. He wasn't sure, because I didn't fit the full criteria like most of his patients.

He did say that I had an Adjustment Disorder, but since I made it that far in life, he didn't see a reason for it to be treated.

Here's the thing. If a woman claims she can spot a man who socially inept and she knows she will never date him, then why try to use him. The other thing that kills is when a dude like myself plays a woman's game, she gets angry. Women have asked me to buy them Iphones, pay their cell phone bills, pay their rent, and etc. I just tell them I yes to see if they really think I am going to it. Last year a chick got evicted, because I never paid did give her the money for her rent. I used that $1300 to buy me a used Lethal Enforcers Arcade Machine. LOL!!! She called me and cussed me out. She said she was going to homeless. I laughed, and told her to get over it.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
A doctor didn't tell me I might have Aspergers until I was 25 years old. He wasn't sure, because I didn't fit the full criteria like most of his patients.

He did say that I had an Adjustment Disorder, but since I made it that far in life, he didn't see a reason for it to be treated.

Here's the thing. If a woman claims she can spot a man who socially inept and she knows she will never date him, then why try to use him. The other thing that kills is when a dude like myself plays a woman's game, she gets angry. Women have asked me to buy them Iphones, pay their cell phone bills, pay their rent, and etc. I just tell them I yes to see if they really think I am going to it. Last year a chick got evicted, because I never paid did give her the money for her rent. I used that $1300 to buy me a used Lethal Enforcers Arcade Machine. LOL!!! She called me and cussed me out. She said she was going to homeless. I laughed, and told her to get over it.

Wow, watch this move called Take a Giant Step (from 1959)... What you describe even happened back then!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Some threads in here, you wonder how they keep going for so long.

Some threads you wish they didn't !

Hi bobman,

Indeed that is sarcastic. Wow do people lie to themselves. They "hate" this thread?

Here is a thread.

Is it okay for a woman to ask a man to marry them?

Since I am not interested, I don't post there. I ignore things which hold no interest to me.

What is fascinating to me is how well betamanlet has proven his point. People love to hate people like him. His social ineptitude draws a swarm, and ironically, his paroxysms, every step of the way, not only state, but put it on display. We do seem to prefer criminals, though perhaps we assume reformed? I hope so. Either way, the responses do indicate he is something people love to hate. Yes, I do find him delightfully contemptible myself.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Since I am not interested, I don't post there. I ignore things which hold no interest to me.
I am interested, but it's like a schoolground argument right now.
"Yeah, well I hate girls cuz........................"
It's just going round in circles, and getting nowhere.
Neither side can ever win ? Women will agree with women, and men will agree with men, and so it will go on, ad tedium.
There are some very good points being made, but they're lost among all the dross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What is fascinating to me is how well betamanlet has proven his point. People love to hate people like him. His social ineptitude draws a swarm, and ironically, his paroxysms, every step of the way, not only state, but put it on display. We do seem to prefer criminals, though perhaps we assume reformed? I hope so. Either way, the responses do indicate he is something people love to hate. Yes, I do find him delightfully contemptible myself.
don't get me wrong, I'm no particular Betamanlet hater, sure, I don't agree with him on many things, but he does occasionally come out with a good point.

Yes, people are drawn to people who are different. It gives us something to do, something to talk about.
He has some controversial view on things, and is outspoken on them.
forums need people like that, because they bring controversy with them.
They give us someone to disagree with.

If I say "oh, look, the sky is blue".
You answer "Wow, so it is."
It's not going to be much of a thread ?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:05 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some of us contribute to these boards because we really want to help and understand, and then we find out we are offering consideration to mysogynists and haters. Why not just go to those "men's" boards and support each other? Why do this on a relationship discussion board where most people don't want to support hate, sexism or brutality?
The anger and sexist remarks from both genders are equally appalling. How many times do we read on here that there are no good men left and all men are this that or the other spouting derogatory washed up terms about men. It gets tiresome and repetitive for us as well. I think all the bitter people should invade an irrelevant country like Ireland, and they can all live there together.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:05 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
That's funny, because anyone who knows anything about Aspergers knows that you don't have to exhibit all the behaviors and deficiencies to be diagnosed. So, we are back to you being full of poop.

Quote:
More poop. You can't "treat" Aspergers and your fake therapist would have told you that if he was worth the money he charges. You can now go and Google a better response and post it here so you can pretend to know what you are talking about.

My son has a high-functioning form of autism. I'd say he's an Aspie, he hasn't been diagnosed. Regardless, he has issues socializing, he's different and he knows why. He has been used, but let's face it, it happens to all of us. You're not that special. He has not blamed his ethnicity, women, his childhood, his father or the moon for his challenges. He does the best he can with what he has and works on what he needs to work on.

Now, if any of what you were saying was true, I'd suggest you do the same.

Quote:
Are you going to blame your obvious willingness to play games on your fake Aspergers too? You preach that it is wrong but you did exactly what you claim to detest. You're down in the gutter with her. I'm sure they have pony rides there too. Enjoy.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Thirteen pages in and the word "golddigger" hasn't come up once, amazing! And the battle of the sexes forges on...with all this anymosity towards one another how the hell did the world get so big? Must be the wine, blame it on the wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships