Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Yeah, I know. At first I really tried to sympathize with him but the more I get to 'know' him on the forum I just have to think he's digging his own hole and will, eventually, be buried in it. IF he doesn't change his tune. It's people like him that made me stop trying to give them advice because 1) they don't listen 2) they don't believe you and 3) I think they are happy in their selfmade martyrdom. So, I let them wallow. Even though I can't resist posting now and then.
No doubt about it - he is his own worst enemy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
To get the publicity that leads to this interest, it helps a lot if the criminal or his victim is good looking. Peterson got all that publicity because both he and his wife were very good looking.

This attracts many women who just cannot believe that good looking people are bad. Unfortunately, there are even more people who firmly believe that people who aren't good looking cannot be good.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
He's not here for our advice, he's here to make a statement.
Don't waste your time.

quote=AZDesertBrat;12846114]Yeah, I know. At first I really tried to sympathize with him but the more I get to 'know' him on the forum I just have to think he's digging his own hole and will, eventually, be buried in it. IF he doesn't change his tune. It's people like him that made me stop trying to give them advice because 1) they don't listen 2) they don't believe you and 3) I think they are happy in their selfmade martyrdom. So, I let them wallow. Even though I can't resist posting now and then. [/quote]

Old 02-10-2010, 11:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
somehow being mr cellophane no longer seems so awful.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
To get the publicity that leads to this interest, it helps a lot if the criminal or his victim is good looking. Peterson got all that publicity because both he and his wife were very good looking.

This attracts many women who just cannot believe that good looking people are bad. Unfortunately, there are even more people who firmly believe that people who aren't good looking cannot be good.
Sadly there is some truth to that..One of my friends whos a player has allot of one night stands and once did it to this girl i know she came crying to me saying how could he do that hes so sweet looking with his blue eyes..

Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Mr. Manlet, why do I feel like this is just another variation on the same theme that all of your posts revolve around? It's true that there's alot of women who are fascinated by murderers and truly horrible men but that's only a reflection of the immaturity of those women themselves and is not representative of women in general. It would truly be in your best interests to stop fixating on this perception you have that women don't appreciate caring and trustworthy men because it simply isn't true. I suspect that you have many good qualities that a worthwhile woman would find very appealing. I also get the impression that you're intelligent but are suffering from a self image problem which is a shame because people that have seen your photo say that you're an attractive guy. Also, I don't think creating threads like this one which reinforce your false beliefs are psychologically healthy because they tend to invite ridicule from the people who read them and that can't be very helpful for someone in your situation. I truly think you could improve your life tremendously if you could just understand what myself and others are trying to tell you.
Thank you for posting this. I really hope betamanlet listens, but I have a feeling he won't. All his threads come back to this central theme. Rejection is hard to deal with. But finding fault with women as a group because you keep getting rejected shows immaturity. This man is a lawyer. I don't know if he tries cases, but what if every judge he appeared before ruled against him? Would he go on to conclude that judges in general are biased against him?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:25 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
So what is yet ANOTHER one of your posts supposed to prove?

It't not a new phenomenon there are some women out there who like convicts (regardless of their crime)! Guess what??...there are women who like drug dealers, rednecks, nerds, thugs, cowboys... so what's your point?

You have been give ample advice on in this forum on how to find a girl. The fact you keep creating these obnoxious threads speaks to your inability to listen which could be a HUGE reason as to while you are dateless.

If you are happy being miserable then so be it. But don't be surprised to find yourself alone because contrary to popular belief, misery does not always mean you'll have company!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Sadly there is some truth to that..One of my friends whos a player has allot of one night stands and once did it to this girl i know she came crying to me saying how could he do that hes so sweet looking with his blue eyes..
now "all men are horrible" yet she only deems the men she finds hot and attractive to other women as "Desirable"...

Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
So what is yet ANOTHER one of your posts supposed to prove?

It't not a new phenomenon there are some women out there who like convicts (regardless of their crime)! Guess what??...there are women who like drug dealers, rednecks, nerds, thugs, cowboys... so what's your point?

You have been give ample advice on in this forum on how to find a girl. The fact you keep creating these obnoxious threads speaks to your inability to listen which could be a HUGE reason as to while you are dateless.

If you are happy being miserable then so be it. But don't be surprised to find yourself alone because contrary to popular belief, misery does not always mean you'll have company!
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The very day, March 17, 2005, that Scott Peterson—sentenced to death in California for killing his wife and unborn son and throwing their remains into San Francisco Bay—took up residence on San Quentin’s death row, he received three-dozen phone calls from smitten women, including an 18-year-old who wanted to become his second wife. According to an April story in People, Peterson is still being flooded with letters from female admirers almost five years later, many of the mash notes containing checks to pay for his commissary charges. That’s par for the course on death row, where the rule is: The more notorious the killer, the more fan mail and marriage proposals. The most fan-mail-saturated killer in San Quentin is Richard Allen Davis, who in 1993 kidnapped 12-year-old Polly Klaas at knifepoint from her home in Petaluma, Calif., killed her, and buried her in a shallow grave.
Say what???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships