Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.
You really want that kind of female interested in you? I guess you have to decide if you prefer quantity to quality when it comes to relationships. That is, if I bought your point that more women prefer serial killers to nice guys. Which I don't. All the women I know personally are married to nice guys, and I'm engaged to one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
typhoidmary wrote:

I'm convinced that he really thinks this which I agree is depressing.
I was hoping for online persona laughing is butt off at us, but sadly think you might be correct

Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.

So what are you going to do about it? Continue to type and whine or take the advice that's been given to you and do something about it? Like I POINTED out....you've not discovered anything new by this thread....or any of the others for that matter. What are we on now...number 20??

My grandfather used the old saying alot "Either s*it or get off the pot!" Translation for the manlets = Do something about it or quit your b*tching!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,866 times
Quote:
I think you've got that backwards. Very few women tend to like serial killers but they tend to be more vocal about it. Some women like bad boys and they are in for a hard life with lots of heartbreak. Some men think that not having a criminal record makes them a nice guy. Some people (of both genders) are genuinely nice, they find each other and live happily ever after.

One of my close male friends is short (5'5"), average looking, and poor (grad student), but he's smart, funny and kind. I've known him for 8 years, and he's been single a grand total of 8 months, and that by choice (he ended a 5 year relationship and wanted so be single for a while). His girlfriends are not supermodels, but they are attractive in their own ways, and really nice women to boot. What's his secret? He genuinely cares about people. A lot of so called nice guys think that because they have a job and aren't criminals that they are nice. Being nice isn't about ticking boxes, it's about truly caring about someone for who they are as a person and being a friend. It's about not being jealous or possessive. In my experience, the guys who are capable of having good friendships with men (not just football buddies) are able to extend those same qualities to relationships with women. The guys who complain about not being able to get women tend to also have a hard time making true friends of either gender. Just something to think about.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas sky View Post
You really want that kind of female interested in you? I guess you have to decide if you prefer quantity to quality when it comes to relationships. That is, if I bought your point that more women prefer serial killers to nice guys. Which I don't. All the women I know personally are married to nice guys, and I'm engaged to one.
Of course not. That's the point. I'm talking about likelihoods. I'd have a better shot of getting a woman if I were a criminal!

I admit, I ahve all sorts of faults, problems, etc.. But when I'm less desirable to more women than a murderer, there's something really F'd up about this world.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
I think you've got that backwards. Very few women tend to like serial killers but they tend to be more vocal about it. Some women like bad boys and they are in for a hard life with lots of heartbreak. Some men think that not having a criminal record makes them a nice guy. Some people (of both genders) are genuinely nice, they find each other and live happily ever after.

One of my close male friends is short (5'5"), average looking, and poor (grad student), but he's smart, funny and kind. I've known him for 8 years, and he's been single a grand total of 8 months, and that by choice (he ended a 5 year relationship and wanted so be single for a while). His girlfriends are not supermodels, but they are attractive in their own ways, and really nice women to boot. What's his secret? He genuinely cares about people. A lot of so called nice guys think that because they have a job and aren't criminals that they are nice. Being nice isn't about ticking boxes, it's about truly caring about someone for who they are as a person and being a friend. It's about not being jealous or possessive. In my experience, the guys who are capable of having good friendships with men (not just football buddies) are able to extend those same qualities to relationships with women. The guys who complain about not being able to get women tend to also have a hard time making true friends of either gender. Just something to think about.
I've managed to keep friends since middle school and I'm mid 30s now. I ahve plenty of true friends.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
But when I'm less desirable to more women than a murderer, there's something really F'd up about this world.
What you haven't picked up on is that you're not desirable to women because you're whiny, self-absorbed, and lack confidence, not because you're not dangerous.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-11-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Of course not. That's the point. I'm talking about likelihoods. I'd have a better shot of getting a woman if I were a criminal!

I admit, I ahve all sorts of faults, problems, etc.. But when I'm less desirable to more women than a murderer, there's something really F'd up about this world.
Are you kidding me? Please go be a criminal...rob a Victoria's Secret or something...get some time behind bars. Then report back to us and let us know if you get more female action or YOU are the female getting action from your fellow roomies!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What you haven't picked up on is that you're not desirable to women because you're whiny, self-absorbed, and lack confidence, not because you're not dangerous.
So, whiney, self absorbed and lacking in confidence is lower than pedophile serial murderer?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,159 times
Quote:
So, whiney, self absorbed and lacking in confidence is lower than pedophile serial murderer?
It makes no difference, you'll still be a clown...... The only difference is that now you would have a criminal record but you would still be the same insecure whiner....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships