Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I ahve all sorts of faults, problems, etc.
Quote:
I've managed to keep friends since middle school and I'm mid 30s now. I ahve plenty of true friends.
One of those problems apparently being with the spelling of the word "have".

What happened to the boast you made on another thread of "I can type English to a high standard" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.
Good grief. Do you realize how pathetic you sound? I consider myself one of the nice guys who probably gets passed over by a number of women for not being "exciting enough." But I refuse to be like you and whine about it. Even if 100% of the women out there preferred bad boys, it wouldn't change how I act. I will never become one of those pathetic faux alphas who only acts that way to pick up women. Beta, you give nice guys a bad name cause you personify the negative stereotypes about them. I don't care how honest, caring, generous, or reliable you are. Are these enough reasons for women to flock to you? The mistake so many nice guys make is in thinking that because they're not like the jerks, women should find them appealing. You're applying logic to something that doesn't obey the rules of logic. Women aren't drawn to men who they should logically be drawn to. They're drawn to the ones who make them feel good about themselves, the ones who make them happy. You could be the nicest guy in the world. But if you don't make her happy, none of what you have to offer will matter. That's the point you keep missing. Instead, you harp on women who go after bad boys. If a woman prefers a guy who treats her like dirt, I consider myself lucky that she's not interested in me. Who'd want to be with someone who has issues like that? Why don't you quit complaining about the world you live in and just deal with it? As a lawyer, I would think you'd have an easy time doing that. Surely in your field, you run into laws that you don't like or agree with. Do you whine about it or do you make due?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Good grief. Do you realize how pathetic you sound? I consider myself one of the nice guys who probably gets passed over by women for not being "exciting enough." But I refuse to be like you and whine about it. Even if 100% of the women out there preferred bad boys, it wouldn't change how I act. I refuse to be one of those pathetic faux alphas who only acts that way to pick up women. You give nice guys a bad name cause you personify the negative stereotypes about them. I don't care how honest, caring, generous, or reliable you are. Are these enough reasons for women to flock to you? The mistake so many nice guys make is in thinking that because they're not like the jerks, women should find them appealing. You're applying logic to something that doesn't obeys the rule of logic. Women aren't drawn to men who they should logically be drawn to. They're drawn to the ones who make them feel good about themselves, the ones that make them happy. You could be the nicest guy in the world. But if you don't make her happy, none of what you have to offer will matter. That's the point you keep missing. Instead, you harp on women who go after bad boys. If a woman prefers a guy who treats her like dirt, I consider myself lucky that she's not interested in me. Who'd want to be with someone who has issues like that? Why don't you quit complaining about the world you live in and just deal with it?
People, my point is, is that there are no women that want nice guys. My point is, that the odds of a nice guy getting a woman who wants a nice guy, is SO low, that you have better oddsd getting a woman than a serial killer does.

The END RESULT, means that there are MANY MORE men out there that want a woman, than there are women willing to be with guys like them, meaning LOTS and LOTS of guys will be alone.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,866 times
Quote:
So, whiney, self absorbed and lacking in confidence is lower than pedophile serial murderer?
Yup. Crazy women will go for pedophile serial murderers. No women, including the crazies, want a whiny, self absorbed man with self esteem issues. The absolute lowest is a whiny, self absorbed pedophile serial murderer with self esteem issues. Even his fellow inmates don't want him.

Now nice guys who have confidence, aren't self absorbed and don't whine are very high up on the totem pole. I know a lot of guys like that and they are rarely single. And no, most of them aren't rich or look like Brad Pitt.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
One of those problems apparently being with the spelling of the word "have".

What happened to the boast you made on another thread of "I can type English to a high standard" ?
ROFLMAO!! Tried to rep you for that one bobman but I have to spread the loooooove!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
What makes you think you're a nice guy?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
People, my point is, is that there are no women that want nice guys.
Wrong. Most women want nothing more than a nice guy. Just because they don't want *you* does not mean they don't want a good man. Honestly, you're most likely not as much of a nice guy and a catch as you think you are.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Yup. Crazy women will go for pedophile serial murderers. No women, including the crazies, want a whiny, self absorbed, man with self esteem issues. The absolute lowest is a whiny, self absorbed pedophile serial murderer with self esteem issues. Even his fellow inmates don't want him.

Now nice guys who have confidence, aren't self absorbed and don't whine are very high up on the totem pole. I know a lot of guys like that and they are rarely single. And no, most of them aren't rich or look like Brad Pitt.
So you admit, that a serial killer, pedophile rapist is more desirable than a whiney beta male. Whining is worse than killing people. Got it.... And the problem is me.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
Ding ! we have a winner !!

Quote:
And the problem is me.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
Quote:
People, my point is, is that there are no women that want nice guys. My point is, that the odds of a nice guy getting a woman who wants a nice guy, is SO low, that you have better oddsd getting a woman than a serial killer does.

The END RESULT, means that there are MANY MORE men out there that want a woman, than there are women willing to be with guys like them, meaning LOTS and LOTS of guys will be alone.
What a load of BS.

I am very happy with my NICE, nerdy computer programmer husband and I didn't settle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships