Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I live in Arlington, very close to Georgetown. Yup.. I could possibly be better off if I left the area, but unfortunately the k ind of work I do only exists here. I am planning to go to medical school when I pay down more of my st udent loans though.
An angry, frustrated, OCD doctor - just peachy.
Seems like you should pull yourself together before making such plans that would affect so many others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 05:50 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Well, I've got a lot of time on my hands these days so... I agree about the "statement". I'd say he keeps the board from being boring but then I'd have to take it back. It's always the same ol' same ol'.
True, I have free time as well, apparently the OP has plenty too.
I'm not sure who's entertaining who. He has admitted he's got no game but he's 34, he better get crackin' cause no one buying the excuses here. He hasn't successfully converted any posters to see it his way. The only thing he's getting is ridicule, if that entertains him, knock yourself out betamanlet.[/quote]

I would be soooo embarassed to be cracked on like he is. But then I'd be embarassed if I had to trumpet my problems all over a message board as well. Not something I've ever done and won't. Fortunately, I run my life in a way that I keep negatives and problems at bay.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
And the problem is me.
Hallelujah! You've finally figured out the common denominator in all of your problems. Good for you

Quote:
I live in Arlington, very close to Georgetown. Yup.. I could possibly be better off if I left the area, but unfortunately the k ind of work I do only exists here. I am planning to go to medical school when I pay down more of my st udent loans though.
A lawyer and a doctor?

Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Downside of this is if everyone who has Mr. Manlet's attitude towards women, killed a woman, there would be less women, and thus more frustrated men. Now if there was an even sex distribution in victims.....**

** Typhoid neither condones nor approves murder of any gender. This is just a "What if?"
Don't let serial killers fool you. Men are far more likely to be a victim of murder than women are.

"In 2006, 78.9 percent of murder victims for whom gender was known were male."

Expanded Homicide Data - Crime in the United States 2006 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/offenses/expanded_information/homicide.html - broken link)

Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
An angry, frustrated, OCD doctor - just peachy.
Seems like you should pull yourself together before making such plans that would affect so many others.

do you think you could lay off with the personal attacks? If you could read, you'd find out they violate the TOS here.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
So, what's the reason for changing professions, how do you plan to use them both beta?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
The very day, March 17, 2005, that Scott Peterson—sentenced to death in California for killing his wife and unborn son and throwing their remains into San Francisco Bay—took up residence on San Quentin’s death row, he received three-dozen phone calls from smitten women, including an 18-year-old who wanted to become his second wife. According to an April story in People, Peterson is still being flooded with letters from female admirers almost five years later, many of the mash notes containing checks to pay for his commissary charges. That’s par for the course on death row, where the rule is: The more notorious the killer, the more fan mail and marriage proposals. The most fan-mail-saturated killer in San Quentin is Richard Allen Davis, who in 1993 kidnapped 12-year-old Polly Klaas at knifepoint from her home in Petaluma, Calif., killed her, and buried her in a shallow grave.
So low self-worth and now bitterness?

Look, how do you wish to help yourself?

I think you're a troll, since every thread you make is some kind of whine or moan. you cannot be serious.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
So, what's the reason for changing professions, how do you plan to use them both beta?
I don't on planning to use them both. There's a future in medicine, as everyone needs a doctor, not everyone needs a lawyer.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Now that's a surprise coming from you samston, do you need a reminder there was a time the same was said about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
So low self-worth and now bitterness?

Look, how do you wish to help yourself?

I think you're a troll, since every thread you make is some kind of whine or moan. you cannot be serious.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
I don't on planning to use them both. There's a future in medicine, as everyone needs a doctor, not everyone needs a lawyer.
But for as long as laws exist, there would be a need for legal advice and legal representation. These are services that most persons may need in their lifetime. Take divorce, or intestacy as examples.

I think also need is time dependent. Today there is less need for blacksmiths, yet for millenia before cars were invented there was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships