Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,254 times

Advertisements

So here's my question of the month:

Why would a 21 year old woman be attracted to a 49 year old man?

The only reason I can come up with is that the girl probably wants a "sugar daddy."

The girl is reasonably attractive, and has very suave and alluring mannerisms which she seems to know how to use all too well.

Each time that man communicates with her, she is overly kind and attentive, and makes direct eye contact with him each and every time. Instead of referring to the subject as "sir" she simply refers to him as "you" followed by subtle phrases which can get a man's mind going (e.g., "oh, I'm sure you can get creative with that." "Hotter is sometimes better.") All the time, she's making direct eye contact.

Ladies, gents...feel free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM

49 posts, read 112,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

The only reason I can come up with is that the girl probably wants a "sugar daddy."

The girl is reasonably attractive, and has very suave and alluring mannerisms which she seems to know how to use all too well.

Each time that man communicates with her, she is overly kind and attentive, and makes direct eye contact with him each and every time. Instead of referring to the subject as "sir" she simply refers to him as "you" followed by subtle phrases which can get a man's mind going (e.g., "oh, I'm sure you can get creative with that." "Hotter is sometimes better.") All the time, she's making direct eye contact.

From the way you wrote it, It sounds like she wants something. I'm sure there are ways that a 21 year old woman might be attracted to a 49 year old man. But that attraction most likely will be on a personality level, unless that 49 year old man just happens to look incredible fine.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
For a myriad of reasons: smart, educated, witty, experienced, well traveled, well dressed, acts like a gentleman, provides romance, etc., etc. - all those things her peers fall short on.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Why would you conclude she's looking for a sugar daddy, in other words you think she's a gold digger. Possibly she's attracted to the security, stability and maturity level an older man has to offer.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Why would you conclude she's looking for a sugar daddy, in other words you think she's a gold digger. Possibly she's attracted to the security, stability and maturity level an older man has to offer.
That is 28 years we're talking about. I date older myself, but that is a huge gap even for me. If we're talking about 21 / 38 or such it would most probably come down to what you wrote, but 21/49 is a very very big gap right there.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday night View Post
but 21/49 is a very very big gap right there.
It will be in the future, but for the time being it's just fine!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

If I was 49 I wouldn't have anything to do with a 21 yr old "woman".

Heck, I'm 40 and I wouldn't date a 21 yrs old woman.

I would wonder what is "wrong" with a 21 yr old that would date a 40+ guy. To me it would seem like daddy issues or looking for a sugar daddy.

JHMO of course.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Who are we to determine what's right for anyone else.

Quote:
That is 28 years we're talking about. I date older myself, but that is a huge gap even for me. If we're talking about 21 / 38 or such it would most probably come down to what you wrote, but 21/49 is a very very big gap right there.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It will be in the future, but for the time being it's just fine!

Aye it is!

But the question i would like to ask is what prevents her from finding the same in a 30-40 year old man? Now say a 35 year old man will most of the time be quite mature, and experienced and stable in his life at that point, just like the 49. But unless that 49 year old gentleman have an incredible fine body, i don't see why she would pick him. It just sounds fishy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Who are we to determine what's right for anyone else.
S/He did ask for our opinions, and i really don't think people understand how big of a gap we're talking about there.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Aye it is!

But the question i would like to ask is what prevents her from finding the same in a 30-40 year old man? Now say a 35 year old man will most of the time be quite mature, and experienced and stable in his life at that point, just like the 49. But unless that 49 year old gentleman have an incredible fine body, i don't see why she would pick him. It just sounds fishy!
And who said the gentleman in question didn't have a fine body? Even if he doesn't, fine bodies are not the first item on everybody's list.

Oh, yeah - and the definition of "fine" varies quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships