Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 PM

355 posts, read 616,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
"You deserve better" is saying don't settle, it's cliche.
"You deserve better" basically means "it's not you that is the problem. it's him/her/the world/communists/aliens".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,964,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
"You deserve better" basically means "it's not you that is the problem. it's him/her/the world/communists/aliens".
When people say " you deserve better" it can also mean "don't sell yourself short" Don't settle for the loser on the couch who doesn't pay rent. Go after the person who has a job and pays their bills.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,882,832 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm starting this thread with no intention to offend anyone, but i really wonder why it is so?
Here's the thing: i've read through enough threads here and i find that people here are so willing to help whoever comes their way.
For example, it kills me to hear people say "you deserve better" to someone they don't know. I mean how can you really know? I just read a thread about a girl who got used for sex (omg!). I hear people tell her: i hope you find a guy that treats you right, like you deserve. But how do you know what she deserves? Maybe she's a freaking demon in flesh and she deserves nothing more than to be treated like this? Maybe not, of course, but you just never know! Maybe a bit of research before you tell her "stay the way she is" and "the problem is in him, not in you"?
Girls, that guys use solely for sex are usually: FAR from smart (i mean, if you're being used and you have a brain you will NOTICE it quite soon), demanding and the only reason guys would want to be with them is cuz they're hot. That's the kinda girls men cheat on their wives with. Men buy them presents, take them places and then they want it the way their wife won't let them.
Usually people here tend to judge and terrorize girls like this. But should one of them come weeping and crawling, the same people are there to comfort her.
Of course, considering the girl to be evil and deserving to be punished is just an assumption, but considering to her to be nice and "deserving the right guy" is an assumption too, right?.
Maybe there are reasons for him to use her like that?
Again, i just took the used girl as an example. (used girl, don't get offended, we all had hard times. tough sh**. get over it). I can say the same about:
comforting "the nice guys", the wives who've been cheated on, husbands who've been cheated on, the girls/guys that desperately want to break up with their SOs, people tired of marriage and so on and so forth.
I say people usually get what they deserve. Everyone's got skeletons in their closets, after all. If they want just patting on the back, let's start another general forum - "support groups", but when you come here, don't go berserk if someone says "you brought it on yourself".
Good post, I've always kind of wondered this myself.

BTW, like you "hobby" of posting on American forums.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
When people say " you deserve better" it can also mean "don't sell yourself short" Don't settle for the loser on the couch who doesn't pay rent. Go after the person who has a job and pays their bills.
Well, some people deserve a loser on a couch.
Why do you discriminate loseronacouchs? Loseronacouchs are an inseparable part of our society!

What, does every guy/girl deserve a prince/princess?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good post, I've always kind of wondered this myself.

BTW, like you "hobby" of posting on American forums.
Thanx
American forums are fun)))

Old 04-15-2010, 07:31 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,339,069 times
Quote:
Imagine me unshaved with a cane in my hand, looking you straight in the eye, saying as meaningfully as i can: "Everybody lies"

That actually sounds kinda nice.

LOL...If you came up to me unshaven with a cane, I would grab grab you by the arm, sit you down and say "Daaaaaahhhhling....I know everybody lies. However, until I have a reason to not believe you, I'll play along."

Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,409,594 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm starting this thread with no intention to offend anyone, but i really wonder why it is so?
Here's the thing: i've read through enough threads here and i find that people here are so willing to help whoever comes their way.
For example, it kills me to hear people say "you deserve better" to someone they don't know. I mean how can you really know? I just read a thread about a girl who got used for sex (omg!). I hear people tell her: i hope you find a guy that treats you right, like you deserve. But how do you know what she deserves? Maybe she's a freaking demon in flesh and she deserves nothing more than to be treated like this? Maybe not, of course, but you just never know! Maybe a bit of research before you tell her "stay the way she is" and "the problem is in him, not in you"?
Girls, that guys use solely for sex are usually: FAR from smart (i mean, if you're being used and you have a brain you will NOTICE it quite soon), demanding and the only reason guys would want to be with them is cuz they're hot. That's the kinda girls men cheat on their wives with. Men buy them presents, take them places and then they want it the way their wife won't let them.
Usually people here tend to judge and terrorize girls like this. But should one of them come weeping and crawling, the same people are there to comfort her.
Of course, considering the girl to be evil and deserving to be punished is just an assumption, but considering to her to be nice and "deserving the right guy" is an assumption too, right?.
Maybe there are reasons for him to use her like that?
Again, i just took the used girl as an example. (used girl, don't get offended, we all had hard times. tough sh**. get over it). I can say the same about:
comforting "the nice guys", the wives who've been cheated on, husbands who've been cheated on, the girls/guys that desperately want to break up with their SOs, people tired of marriage and so on and so forth.
I say people usually get what they deserve. Everyone's got skeletons in their closets, after all. If they want just patting on the back, let's start another general forum - "support groups", but when you come here, don't go berserk if someone says "you brought it on yourself".

I have a very simple explanation for this. Nobody deserves to be treated like crap. Even if you are a bad person, you still deserve to be treated with dignity for the simple fact that you are a human being. I don't know most of the posters here from the hole in the wall, but yet I know that if they are treated poorly, they deserve better.
And exactly - everyone has sceletons in their closet. I'm sure you've got some too, so who are you to say who deserves what???

Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL...If you came up to me unshaven with a cane, I would grab grab you by the arm, sit you down and say "Daaaaaahhhhling....I know everybody lies. However, until I have a reason to not believe you, I'll play along."
That's sweet

Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,964,611 times
Quote:
Well, some people deserve a loser on a couch.
Why do you discriminate loseronacouchs? Loseronacouchs are an inseparable part of our society!

What, does every guy/girl deserve a prince/princess?
Eff the prince or princess I want a king!

Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Nobody deserves to be treated like crap. Even if you are a bad person, you still deserve to be treated with dignity for the simple fact that you are a human being. I don't know most of the posters here from the hole in the wall, but yet I know that if they are treated poorly, they deserve better.
And exactly - everyone has sceletons in their closet. I'm sure you've got some too, so who are you to say who deserves what???
Hell freakin yeah, there are people that deserve to be treated like crap!
If you want a man to keep his dignity, do him a favor and say what you mean and what you gotta say, not just what he wants to hear.
Mommy, i know i got my skeletons and they're mine, they're a part of me and you can't have em.
As a matter of fact, i live in such perfect harmony with my skeletons, because if something went wrong in my life, i asked my friends for some brutal truth and even though i didn't like what i had to hear sometimes, it always helped me to make the correct choices.
I am not saying i can judge who deserves what, but neither can you. Deciding that people deserve to be treated with dignity is a judgemental as deciding that people deserve to be treated like crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships