Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM

7 posts, read 15,143 times

Advertisements

@coolhand - that was a little harsh, nicer put next time?
@TG - I'm thinking your problem is structural, I've had problems with guys just looking to 'practice' on me, especially if we are not running in the same social circles. No overlapping friends = no consequences for that sort of behavior. Has no bearing on how hot/attractive you are.

Get involved in community activities, volunteering, or other things based around interests. Nice guys engage in nice guy activities. Meetup.com is a good place to start. Offer to help host or help the host around the home before a gathering. Meet a group of people who'd be likely to be friends with the type of guy you seek, instead of meeting the guy first. Being able to cook is an added plus, think about what you offer in turn - a lot of guys just want to be comfortable, eat good food, have someone to hug and share stories with, hang out with a bunch of happy, jolly friends, relax after work. Offer the kind of lifestyle that they seek.

I'm happy, with this clean cut 6ft tall handsome guy who has a master's in EE from a prominent college, working at MSFT, the problem with getting exactly what you're looking for, is that sometimes the relationship is a lot of work, especially if the other party has high expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 PM

65 posts, read 144,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
@coolhand - that was a little harsh, nicer put next time?
@TG - I'm thinking your problem is structural, I've had problems with guys just looking to 'practice' on me, especially if we are not running in the same social circles. No overlapping friends = no consequences for that sort of behavior. Has no bearing on how hot/attractive you are.

Get involved in community activities, volunteering, or other things based around interests. Nice guys engage in nice guy activities. Meetup.com is a good place to start. Offer to help host or help the host around the home before a gathering. Meet a group of people who'd be likely to be friends with the type of guy you seek, instead of meeting the guy first. Being able to cook is an added plus, think about what you offer in turn - a lot of guys just want to be comfortable, eat good food, have someone to hug and share stories with, hang out with a bunch of happy, jolly friends, relax after work. Offer the kind of lifestyle that they seek.

I'm happy, with this clean cut 6ft tall handsome guy who has a master's in EE from a prominent college, working at MSFT, the problem with getting exactly what you're looking for, is that sometimes the relationship is a lot of work, especially if the other party has high expectations.
I think those are excellent suggestions for any age group. Positive Psychology advocates certainly echo your point about learning to focus on others by volunteering and giving of yourself without expectations or social approval, which can be transformative and provides the positive energy to attract better people who are more in tune with your energy. Sounds New Agey, but it has a positive logic which can help take the edge off being overly obsessive and self-critical of oneself.

OP it sounds like you are already active and relatively happy with your life. You just have to make a few adjustments in terms of perhaps entertain creative new ways to find better more wholesome companions. Once that happens the attractive guys will find you like a homing beacon. I have seen it before. A 66 year old neighbor is slightly overweight and is no raving beauty. But she is attractive because she just glows with happiness and she is very unique, different drummer type. She is extremely active, volunteers, is generous, and wonderfully creative. She is also very, very outspoken but rather brilliant and she has a great sense of humor. Yet she still has guys ranging from 48-70 eating out of her hands. She is just herself without the gimmicks, but she has a wide variety of interests and friends that makes her life very full and interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships