Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
Why did he leave personal mobile phone number though?? doesnt he work for fed ex a company isnt giving your PERSONAL number to a customer kinda frowned upon?

I don't know.

Maybe he is not paranoid about giving out his personal # the way the rest of us are. There are people who are just not as fearful, for good or bad.

I just doubt he is a sociopath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:00 PM

112 posts, read 140,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I don't know.

Maybe he is not paranoid about giving out his personal # the way the rest of us are. There are people who are just not as fearful, for good or bad.

I just doubt he is a sociopath.
I never said he is a sociopath i dont think he was i think he was just a ticked off delivery guy.. but i do find it kind of strange that he left a personal mobile phone number instead of number for the depot or number the company uses.. i know in my job if i gave a customer my personal number would get sacked.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboyy View Post
Why did he leave personal mobile phone number though?? doesnt he work for fed ex a company isnt giving your PERSONAL number to a customer kinda frowned upon?
Can someone just point me to how she figured out he gave his personal cell#.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 PM

112 posts, read 140,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
because the number on the note started with a certain number like in UK mobile numbers start with 07 i dont know if shes from US or anywhere else its probably different. But you can immediately tell that a number is a personal mobile phone number.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Because the prefix of the phone is only used for local cell phones. The ph# on the UPS delivery notes of course is the national 800# not a freakin cell phone. And like I have repeatedly said there was no reason to put his phone because he left my pkg at the apartment manager's office which is normally what all the delivery people do if they choose not to leave it at the door.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM

I can't help but be paranoid if some of you like to call be cautious as a woman alone being paranoid. Since I have lived here I've had a man leaving messages on my home phone saying they are watching me and that I had better be careful, I've been assaulted multiple times in daylight in store parking lots, a guy wearing a hooded ski parka in SUMMER chased me through the Walmart parking lot where I ran as fast as I could jumped in my car and just as I locked the door he put his hand on the door handle. Then he beat on my window motioning me to un-lock my car door. And in the Target parking lot I just pulled into a parking spot and immediately a guy runs up and starts beating on my car window, trying the handle and yelling at me to open it. I see he has something in his fist, couldn't tell what it was but then he put it in his coat pocket. After he finally walked away I ran to the store and as I did I saw him approaching another woman loading stuff in her van and she was trying to get away from him. This was a few months after I moved here. Oh and the second day I moved to this town a drunk tried to hit me because I refused to buy a pair of shoes from him. Since then I have been chased repeatedly by men both "normal looking" and obvious street drunks both day and night so many times I've lost count.

On top of that a guy in the apartment laundryroom left me a love note on my dryer. Yes he used the words that he loved me and thought I was beautiful. He also used my name. Now I would just think he was shy and everything but he wanted me to respond to his note by emailing him...and the email address was one he had apparently set up at Yahoo and it had part of my name in the email address as if he set it up just to write to me. And how the heck did he know my name? I had seen a guy earlier staring at me when I was putting clothes in the dryer. I'm assuming it was that guy. But what I'd saying this is creepy. Also I've had 3 guys stalk me at work over the years including one freakazoid that even found out what church I was visiting and went there to ask me out. Had a woman who did an ultrasound on me flirt with me and ask me out then started going to the church I was attending back then. She asked if it was ok for her to start calling me when she came to the church. I refused her advances and never went back to church. Then last year I ran into her again when I needed another ultrasound and darn if she hadn't changed employers. She's like "remember me" in this creepy voice, she kept quizzing me personal questions which I wouldn't answer outright, as I left I saw her take some of the medical documents from my chart, fold them up and put in her pocket. I assuming she was getting my home address or phone, but luckily she didn't try contacting me.

Also in another town I was chased in broad daylight by a group of hoodlums after one of them approached me and asked me to drive him somewhere. I said no and walked on into the grocery store and when I came out the whole gang ran after me through the parking lot. Not to mention I was raped in my 20's by someone I met from a personal ad (yeah I know I was dumb to meet them first in a non-public area). So yeah call me paranoid if you like. But there's been a lot of weirdos approached me and this town is just damn weird anyway. There's been 3 murders in less than 2 weeks and there are countless times women have been grabbed like the one while jogging on the main road in daylight and people shot in town by someone knocking on their door.

So pardon me for questioning why a delivery man would be prying on my doorknob and beating on the door for over 5 minutes when normal delivery people knock twice then leave.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
If I lived in a place like you do, I'd crawl into that box and have FedEx deliver me to a nicer neighborhood!

Until a couple years ago when someone (probably neighborhood kids) stole a case of beer out of my garage refrigerator, I hadn't locked my door in 35+ years, even when gone on vacation for a few weeks. I wanted UPS and FedEx to be able to place packages inside the door.

A couple years ago a delivery person dropped off a new $4500 camera that I'd ordered. He didn't knock or ring the doorbell -- just set it on the doorstep and ran. I thought that was kind of odd.

on edit: I was going to ask too, just what you meant by "prying" the door. Prying with what? A crowbar? Any wooden door should have opened if a prybar was used on it. It certainly would show marks on it.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM

127 posts, read 312,069 times
Where I live UPS and Fedex ring the doorbell, leave it on the porch, and walk away quickly-they have a time limit! Only if the package needs a signature do they wait for me to open the door. I have never heard of a delivery person opening the front door and leaving a package! Or wiggling the handle and trying to see if it's unlocked. That would freak me out and I would be pissed off! I don't think that the OP is being unreasonable.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
If I lived in a place like you do, I'd crawl into that box and have FedEx deliver me to a nicer neighborhood!

Until a couple years ago when someone (probably neighborhood kids) stole a case of beer out of my garage refrigerator, I hadn't locked my door in 35+ years, even when gone on vacation for a few weeks. I wanted UPS and FedEx to be able to place packages inside the door.

A couple years ago a delivery person dropped off a new $4500 camera that I'd ordered. He didn't knock or ring the doorbell -- just set it on the doorstep and ran. I thought that was kind of odd.

on edit: I was going to ask too, just what you meant by "prying" the door. Prying with what? A crowbar? Any wooden door should have opened if a prybar was used on it. It certainly would show marks on it.
Maybe I used the wrong verb. He didn't use a crowbar to pry as far I know. No marks on door. Maybe I should have said tugging or pulling on door knob and twisting knob hard. I could see the door move I could see the knob being turned hard. I could hear the wood popping and making sounds as if stress was put on the door. I could tell from sound when he put weight against it...sounds just like when the neighbor's 100lb dog pressed up against the door trying to get in when he wanted to visit with the kitty. I could also hear the metal mechanisms within the deadbolt making sounds, again, as if extreme stress was being put on the door.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Just avoid him, he had a male pms moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships