Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I said gay bars and the like. Please try to read posts more carefully before you comment on them.

If AIDS is just a gay disease - then aren't you happy? Aren't you happy that a disease is killing all these people that are ignoring your version of the bible?
And if it is just a gay disease - why do heterosexuals get it, too? If it is a gay disease - only gays should be able to get it - and that is not the case.
AIDS is not spread because people are ignoring the bible. It is cause through unprotected sex, blood transfusions, and such things as sharing unclean needles. Gay, straight, men, women, children - are all able to contract this horrific disease.
By the way - I ignore the Bible - and I don't have AIDS. I actually have a really good life and am surrounded my love. Oh well.

Bars, or Gay bars, your still wrong. They have interviewed numerous homosexuals from many places. And no, I am not happy that the disease is killing all that ignore the Bible. And heterosexuals are now getting it for a number of reasons. And many of those reasons have to do with heterosexuals ignoring the Bible as well. Others are getting it, because they are victims of those who have infected them. Such as a husband that is sleeping with his wife, while on the side is sleeping with another man, ect. And even people who have protected sex, are getting Aids also. And that is because the belief that such protection is 100%, is more of a myth, than a reality. Some people that ignore the Bible will not get AIDS. Call it the luck of the draw. Yet a persons health sould never be decided by luck, but rather by wise prevention. And that is what the Bible has established.

"Uganda which once had the highest incidence of AIDS now has the lowest after the campaign that promoted (FAITHFULNESS AND ABSTINENCE). This campaign resulted in the largest drop of any country in history."

In sub-Saharan African countries where comdem use has been pushed and promoted. High HIV transmissions rates have continued despite high rates of condom use.

Prelate warns vs false propaganda on condom, AIDS | CBCP News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I recently posted a thread on the subject of Lutheran and Episcopal churches that now bless gay marriage and also allow their priests\ bishops to be in gay marriages. Doing a little research, I discovered that there are a growing number of Christian churches accepting the notion that God does not create abominations, that gays are children of God like everyone else. I think the trend toward full acceptance of gays is occurring across Christianity.

Jesus tells us that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. Homosexuals, and all sorts of other evil doers are not followers of Christ. And churches that promote such a lifestyle, are not followers of Christ either. And that is because such a lifestyle is in total opposition to Biblical teachings. Clearly, the Bible teaches us that before Christ returns, that many would fall away from the faith. Such priests, bishops, and churchs that support the gay lifestyle, are an example of this prophecy being fulfilled. And Scripture shows us, that the generation that sees Israel reastablished as a nation once again. Would be the generation that was living in the LAST DAYS. And these are the days that such a falling away would be experienced.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:26 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.
I fully agree that the bible is incomprehensible.

It's mostly ridiculous, laughable, childish fairy tales.

And, admittedly, some quite beautiful poetry.

Last edited by Tantalust; 08-15-2010 at 07:21 AM..

Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I fully agree that the bible is incomprehensible.

It's nothing but ridiculous, laughable, childish fairy tales.

Of course, if the Bible is just a Book of fairy tales. Why are all of it's prophecies true? And it appears, that Uganda as a country, was wise enough to put in place those Biblical values. And now they are winning the Battle against AIDS. Boy, thats some fairy tale.

Concerned Women for America - Uganda Winning the Battle Against AIDS — Using Abstinence

Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course, if the Bible is just a Book of fairy tales. Why are all of it's prophecies true?
Believing in imaginary prophecies [none of which are to be found in the OT to offer any support] is just another symptom of bibleolatry derangement: the decline of reasoning.

"If bibliolaters would just once in their lives put aside all of their pet theories and take an objective look at the Bible, they would begin to see that the men who wrote the Old Testament were just ordinary religious zealots who thought that they and their people had been specifically chosen of God. The fanaticism with which they believed this led them to proclaim absurdly ethnocentric prophecies that history has proven wrong, much to the embarrassment of Bible fundamentalists who desperately want to believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant word of God. They have no substantive proof on their side. All the proof declares very definitively to anyone who really wants to know the truth that the Bible is a veritable maze of nonsense and contradictions."

Prophecies: Imaginary and Unfulfilled

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times
Quote:
Bars, or Gay bars, your still wrong. They have interviewed numerous homosexuals from many places. And no, I am not happy that the disease is killing all that ignore the Bible. And heterosexuals are now getting it for a number of reasons. And many of those reasons have to do with heterosexuals ignoring the Bible as well. Others are getting it, because they are victims of those who have infected them. Such as a husband that is sleeping with his wife, while on the side is sleeping with another man, ect. And even people who have protected sex, are getting Aids also. And that is because the belief that such protection is 100%, is more of a myth, than a reality. Some people that ignore the Bible will not get AIDS. Call it the luck of the draw. Yet a persons health sould never be decided by luck, but rather by wise prevention. And that is what the Bible has established.

"Uganda which once had the highest incidence of AIDS now has the lowest after the campaign that promoted (FAITHFULNESS AND ABSTINENCE). This campaign resulted in the largest drop of any country in history."

In sub-Saharan African countries where comdem use has been pushed and promoted. High HIV transmissions rates have continued despite high rates of condom use.

Prelate warns vs false propaganda on condom, AIDS | CBCP News
Once again I ask you...why don't you link directly to the World Health Organization website where you can get ACCURATE information?

Uganda - HIV/AIDS

Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 AM

478 posts, read 774,226 times
OH this topic just boils my brain, I can't help but go off a bit here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
... i say respect because you know how offensive you are to some christians for saying that our god made you that way? no your god maybe made you that way but thats not the way most christians believe so why should we give respect and be tollerant of your behavior but your not of ours??
You mention "OUR" god and then "YOUR" god. Very interesting, as well as confusing because I would have thought that you were of the belief that there was only ONE god, no? If so, then what you just said is absurd and completely destroys the above argument.

As well, it is purely hateful and judgemental to infer that those who are different than you *must* have been created by a god other than "yours". If one is to believe that god is almighty, creator of all (which you seem to) then obviously god created gays too. Yeah, YOUR god. And doing so was hardly a mistake, it's a part of nature. It is ridiculous and illogical to think that every human being will be born with the same tastes and likes- from everything down to what food or music one prefers down to who one is attracted to.

Quote:
...that way but thats not the way most christians believe so why should we give respect and be tollerant of your behavior but your not of ours??
Um, sorry, but most christians DO believe that one god created all...

Now regarding respect and tolerance for behaviour- you aren't beling the least bit tolerant so right there nixes your right to any in return insofar as how people react and speak to you regarding your posts. You deserve respect for your opinion, but if your opinion or moral code interferes with your ability to be fair and reasonable, then there you go- respect lost.

But as per on behaviour; what do you mean, exactly? If you mean gay behaviour versus straight- well, then it's just about sex/sexual preference and so I'd say you got your respect and tolerance there, as I don't think gays have any sort of problem with straight people's sex lives. Because it doesn't affect them in the least. Likewise, I shouldn't think straight people should have any problem with gay people's sex lives for the same reason. Even when it comes to marriage which, again, should be a non-issue BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AFFECT ANYONE BUT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED! Period.

Quote:
another thing how dare you say that christians are to blame for gay teen suicide? i am native american and guess what? we have the highest suicide rate amongst anyone, and i suppose since i assume your white, that i can say all whites are to blame for this right? no. i know the catholic church all too well i do know how they have treated minorites and yeah it was/is horrible, nothing excuses how badly people have been treated because of religion, but not all religion is bad.
I'm glad the subject of teen suicide and christianity was brought up because it's a fact that there is a correlation. It may not be true that christianity itself is to blame, but the intolerance, judgement and lack of understanding that, sadly, comes along with the more extremist followers of said religion is. The inability some parents have to accept their child for who they are unconditionally is the core of the problem. How can you not understand that? Especially since you mention being a minority, which makes you "different" I should think you'd "get it". My heart goes out to native Americans and any minority that has been treated badly or unfairly, so why doesn't yours go out to this minority- homosexuals?! Your attitude is no different than the people who used to think black people shouldn't be allowed to vote or marry.

But back to the teen suicide issue; I think this is so, SO important to address so if you read any of my words, please READ THIS PART! Teens have many problems as it is and there are plenty who are not gay who want, or try to commit suicide. Now add those problems to being gay and having parents who have told you your whole life that being gay is wrong, a choice, and unacceptable. Such parents really, really screw up their kids in a bad way and it's no wonder some kids that are perhaps more fragile than others want to die. And yes, it is the parents' and perhaps society's fault for putting this garbage into their head and making them doubt themselves and their own existence and validity as a person.

Suppose for a moment that this was a gay world, and everything was reversed to where you were told all the above about being straight. And you had to either "act" like you were gay to please your parents, your peers, and date people you were viscerally turned off by in order to maintain respect and acceptance. Either that, or "come out" and risk being persecuted, disowned and completely disrespected simply for being who you are. Unfortunately, as it stands now and has in the past, many choose the former. And end up living lies, being completely untrue to onesself- which, anyone using their head and their heart should be able to see is NOT god's wish.

Quote:
i would also like to know what does "we are mostly a product of your marriages mean?" that we are responsible for your being gay too?? do any of you know who you are calling down when you disgrace straight people? your own parents! hello they made you! without them you wouldnt be here. you said it all in the last sentence why dont we get along, this is why, neither side is respectful neither side is tollerant and both sides want to play the blame game thats why.
"Product of your marriages"...well gays weren't brought here by the stork! And why is that an insult or an affront to any parent who gave birth to a homosexual? Your inferences are astounding, and quite nasty. You're talking as if parents shouldn't be proud of their gay children, which is rotten. Any good, loving parent is proud of, and loves their child no matter who they are, and even if they don't understand who they are or why they do what they do. And if they don't love their child, gay or not- well, then they probably shouldn't have made the decision to be parents if they aren't going to love and accept their child unconditionally.

Your sexuality has nothing to do with the problem people have with you and others who believe as you do. I'm straight and have a serious problem with how you've spoken here and your peculiar manner of justifying your bigotry, but your sexuality has nothing to do with it, your attitude, imposing of judgement and inability to be reasonable and logical is what I have a problem with. And plenty of gay people do the same thing so please, stop acting like it's straights against gays. It's tolerance against intolerance, and freedom against persecution.

Quote:
Jesus tells us that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. Homosexuals, and all sorts of other evil doers are not followers of Christ. And churches that promote such a lifestyle, are not followers of Christ either. And that is because such a lifestyle is in total opposition to Biblical teachings. Clearly, the Bible teaches us that before Christ returns, that many would fall away from the faith. Such priests, bishops, and churchs that support the gay lifestyle, are an example of this prophecy being fulfilled. And Scripture shows us, that the generation that sees Israel reastablished as a nation once again. Would be the generation that was living in the LAST DAYS. And these are the days that such a falling away would be experienced.
How utterly rude and rotten and just plain foolish to lump homosexuals in with "evil doers". ??? And that they do not follow christ....do you? Because I saw nothing of christ or christ's love and teachings in your words. You may be following the bible, but to follow christ means to accept his teachings and live them as he would. Which, most often means completely going AGAINST the bible, and would mean accepting everyone for who they are, and doing so WITHOUT judging them and condemning them in your heart.

Quote:
for the record and before i state my opinion- i do not hate you or homosexuals period. so now with that said: i agree love is the answer and respect but you know what i find offensive is the fact that no one and i mean NO ONE can have a different opinion or even dare have the right to oppose what you believe and that is so hypocrital and bias its not even funny.you want rights well so do we.
Straight people already HAVE rights. Gays just want the same inherent human rights, and without other people's judgement and moral codes imposed on them, which is the current climate. If you or anyone else happens to feel threatened or that your rights are at stake, it is because of your own personal issues and fabrications of scenarios that simply do not exist, and would not ever exist. I don't understand why people think ensuring that every human being is able to enjoy the same civil rights as every other human in society is any threat or imposition on any one. It isn't.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,019,263 times
I think those whom oppose homosexuality would be better labeled the sex police. What they really want is to control who and how everyone else has sex. Heterosexuals also engage in sodomy and fornication. That isn't something exclusive to homosexuals, although even if it were, that doesn't mean they shouldn't engage in them. Those acts are wrong in the eyes of the anti gays because they can't lead to procreation. I'd like to know why it even matters if someone engages in sodomy and fornication. Big whoop dee do that someone doesn't only have marital(as long as they're not cheating) vaginal sex. Call the authorities so they can be arrested and jailed for the aweful crime of 'wrong sex.'

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Of course, if the Bible is just a Book of fairy tales. Why are all of it's prophecies true? And it appears, that Uganda as a country, was wise enough to put in place those Biblical values. And now they are winning the Battle against AIDS. Boy, thats some fairy tale.

Concerned Women for America - Uganda Winning the Battle Against AIDS — Using Abstinence
Once again, I ask you. Why do you pick websites like this when you can get ACCURATE information directly from the World Health Organization?

Uganda - HIV/AIDS

Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post

I'm glad the subject of teen suicide and christianity was brought up because it's a fact that there is a correlation. It may not be true that christianity itself is to blame, but the intolerance, judgement and lack of understanding that, sadly, comes along with the more extremist followers of said religion is. The inability some parents have to accept their child for who they are unconditionally is the core of the problem. How can you not understand that? Especially since you mention being a minority, which makes you "different" I should think you'd "get it". My heart goes out to native Americans and any minority that has been treated badly or unfairly, so why doesn't yours go out to this minority- homosexuals?! Your attitude is no different than the people who used to think black people shouldn't be allowed to vote or marry.
/snip
But back to the teen suicide issue; I think this is so, SO important to address so if you read any of my words, please READ THIS PART! Teens have many problems as it is and there are plenty who are not gay who want, or try to commit suicide. Now add those problems to being gay and having parents who have told you your whole life that being gay is wrong, a choice, and unacceptable. Such parents really, really screw up their kids in a bad way and it's no wonder some kids that are perhaps more fragile than others want to die. And yes, it is the parents' and perhaps society's fault for putting this garbage into their head and making them doubt themselves and their own existence and validity as a person.

/snip
"Product of your marriages"...well gays weren't brought here by the stork! And why is that an insult or an affront to any parent who gave birth to a homosexual? Your inferences are astounding, and quite nasty. You're talking as if parents shouldn't be proud of their gay children, which is rotten. Any good, loving parent is proud of, and loves their child no matter who they are, and even if they don't understand who they are or why they do what they do. And if they don't love their child, gay or not- well, then they probably shouldn't have made the decision to be parents if they aren't going to love and accept their child unconditionally.
Fantastic post! Reps to you.

Regarding parents of gay teenagers, here is a video of Patti Ellis -a devout Christian woman who's son Adam is gay. She tells her story to a crowd of marriage equality supporters:

YouTube - NOMTourTracker.com: Atlanta- Pro Equality speaker, Patti Ellis

The young gay man filming the video had this to say:

"During Patti’s speech the hair stood up on my arms as she spoke about the unconditional love that parents should have toward their children and the difficult time that her family experienced when her son Adam came out.

She told me that “when Adam come out of the closet, we went right in,” and when I asked her if she had any words of advice for mothers struggling with a child being gay she told me: “They need you now more than ever. Remember that moment when you dropped your son off at kindergarten, he didn’t question if you were going to be there to love him when he got home, now he questions that because society has him questioning that now.”

“Go to your son and hug him,” she continued. “He’s still the same. Let him tell you his story…” I held it together during the interview, but when walked away I just lost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality