Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 08:14 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Saudi authorities only removed (THE ONE) on their side Arequipa. The other one is on the Egyptian side. And it was set back in place by the Egyptian government for all to see. And naturally if this is the site of the Red Sea crossing, then the only mountain that will do, is the one that is close by and marked by the 12 Biblical landmarks. And all of this can been seen in the movie produced by Bob Cornuke. He personally went into Saudi Arabia and located the mountain. This was the mountain Wyatt told him about, but Wyatt was caught by the Saudi Government. And both Wyatt and his son were sent to prison for months. The Saudi government accused both of them of being spies. And only after Wyatt told them about the red granit pillers was he released. The Saudi government has now put a six foot fence around the entire mountain in order to keep anyone from entering. Yet the film footage we have from Cornuke clearly shows us the 12 Biblical landmarks. Considering where the red granit piller is placed, and the nearness of the Mountain with the 12 obvious land marks. It would be very hard for a non believer to explain all of this away.
Thank you. I wondered whether both of them had been removed.

The non believer has nothing to explain away. There is a pillar that may mark (400 hundred years after the mythical event) the supposed crossing of the Red sea as per the Bible story. It is easy to look round for the best mountain that would fit as mount Sanai. What does all that amount to? Not a lot.

Since this is about what evidence there is for the Biblical Exodus, by all means make your case for twelve suitable landmaks and I'll consider to what extent they stack up as evidence of anything other that fervent believers finding the rock with a crack in it that MUST have held Excalibur.

I won't say that I will no longer follow up this link or that book because I often do as the Ahmose stele quite interested me, though it turned out to be little more than a fantasy based on pretty dishonest quotemining, but you see why I am disinclined to waste my time doing your work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh please Campo!! The Egyptians themselves recorded their battles with the Hittites. Kadesh springs to mind. I wouldn't argue that what history knew about them was sparse but to argue that experts thought they were just a biblical myth is rather a stretch. History records them...just not in much detail.

Quote:
Yes the Egyptians recorded their battles with the Hittites. However the problem was. They recorded it in Hieroglyphs. You speak as if those in the past could quickly read the account. It was not until the discovery of the Rosetta stone by the French that the world was able to understand what the Egyptians wrote. And the translation was not made public until 1822. And it was years before the serious study brought the understanding of the Hittites to the modern world by the Egyptian translation. And until that time, the only written account of the Hittites came from the Bible alone. And it was during those years that the skeptics attack the Scriptures, stating the belief that there was a Hittite nation was just another myth of the Bible. The Bible will always have skeptics, yet the arguements made by them will continue to vanish away by historical discovery. However the Bible is so rich in historical history, that their new arguements will continue for years to come.
You will always see this as a valid argument when combined with a bit of delusion. It's the theist - type thinking which bedevills their whole approach to data -finding.

The case always had to be made. When there was no evidence for the Hittites (in fact the Bible talks about a later relocated and rather weak neo - Hittite state (1) and is not referring to the Anatolian Hittite empire about which it seems to know nothing) it could not be accepted that there was any such thing until the evidence was found. That's the way it works.

The way it shouldn't work is to crow about the evidence of disputed historical claims coming to light as though it proved the whole case while ignoring the increasing doubts about the factuality of the religious claims.

Discovery of the earlier Flood and creation myth raised a whole lot of question about the Genesis account. That is more significant than finding out that there really were Hittites, as finding that the Hyksos really don't work as the Exodus jews and casts doubt on that story, which is more significant than finding that there really was a king David, which I never actually heard denied in all the years I followed archaeology.

No, it is Bible -literalism which is under pressure rather than archaeology and history, despite the misguided efforts of the belivers with spade in one hand a Bible in the other.

(1)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syro-Hittite_states

The states that are called Neo-Hittite, or more recently Syro-Hittite, were Luwian, Aramaic and Phoenician-speaking political entities of Iron Age northern Syria and southern Anatolia that arose following the collapse of the Hittite Empire around 1180 BC and lasted until roughly 700 BC. The term "Neo-Hittite" is sometimes reserved specifically for the Luwian-speaking principalities like Milid and Carchemish, although in a wider sense the broader cultural term "Syro-Hittite" is now applied to all the entities that arose in south-central Anatolia following the Hittite collapse — such as Tabal and Quwê — as well as those of northern and coastal Syria

Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thank you. I wondered whether both of them had been removed.

The non believer has nothing to explain away. There is a pillar that may mark (400 hundred years after the mythical event) the supposed crossing of the Red sea as per the Bible story. It is easy to look round for the best mountain that would fit as mount Sanai. What does all that amount to? Not a lot.

Since this is about what evidence there is for the Biblical Exodus, by all means make your case for twelve suitable landmaks and I'll consider to what extent they stack up as evidence of anything other that fervent believers finding the rock with a crack in it that MUST have held Excalibur.

I won't say that I will no longer follow up this link or that book because I often do as the Ahmose stele quite interested me, though it turned out to be little more than a fantasy based on pretty dishonest quotemining, but you see why I am disinclined to waste my time doing your work for you.
Well first you must assume it is a mythical event. I don't assume anything. I base much of what I believe on evidence. Also you would have to assume the Jews never kept any records of past events, and they dishonestly came up with the story. Which is pretty doubtful. Nor would it be easy to find a mountain to fit the account. And that is because not only would there have to be geographic landmarks, but numerous manmade landmarks as well. The link below has a 17 minute video that speaks of the landmarks and the discovery. I found this presentation pretty impressive. Yet I have seen better on the same topic by Bob Cornuke. He to went to the same Mountain. And his filming was remarkable. As I have stated before. Wyatt's belief that he discovered Noahs Ark, I do not believe. And some of Wyatt's others discoveries are doubtful. Yet the Red Sea crossing site, and Mt. Sinia have been confirmed by others based on the evidence. Consider the link below. I might add here there are actually many more landmarks then the 12 I mentioned. And it would be very difficult if not impossible to fake all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-eSRcr9CWw

Last edited by Campbell34; 11-12-2010 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 PM

I have said that I am not going to respond to videos because it is expecting me to do the work for you.

I have no option but to dismiss as anything other than a religious travelogue until you set out some posted case or cases which I can then respond to.

One thing you have never been before is lazy.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Well first you must assume it is a mythical event. I don't assume anything. I base much of what I believe on evidence. Also you would have to assume the Jews never kept any records of past events, and they dishonestly came up with the story. Which is pretty doubtful. Nor would it be easy to find a mountain to fit the account. And that is because not only would there have to be geographic landmarks, but numerous manmade landmarks as well. The link below has a 17 minute video that speaks of the landmarks and the discovery. I found this presentation pretty impressive. Yet I have seen better on the same topic by Bob Cornuke. He to went to the same Mountain. And his filming was remarkable. As I have stated before. Wyatt's belief that he discovered Noahs Ark, I do not believe. And some of Wyatt's others discoveries are doubtful. Yet the Red Sea crossing site, and Mt. Sinia have been confirmed by others based on the evidence. Consider the link below. I might add here there are actually many more landmarks then the 12 I mentioned. And it would be very difficult if not impossible to fake all of this.
The quran says otherwise... 7:143 And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said: My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain! (Sinai) If it stand still in its place, then thou wilt see Me. And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down. And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers.

Now the question is...Who's myth should one believe?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I have said that I am not going to respond to videos because it is expecting me to do the work for you.

I have no option but to dismiss as anything other than a religious travelogue until you set out some posted case or cases which I can then respond to.

One thing you have never been before is lazy.

If you consider watching a video work, then what can I say. Anyone that was really searching for the truth I'm sure would of had no problem with that. Your belief that any mountain will do of course is a false belief. Scripture requires us to search for a mountain that fits a very strict criteria.

1. Bob Cornuke took the time to follow the path from the Red Granit piller to Mt. Sinia. And according to the Scriptures the first thing Moses and his people came to was springs of water that was so bitter you could not drink from them. Exoudus 15:22,23. And that is what Cornuke first encountered. Which matched the Biblical account.

2. Then in Exodus 15:27 Moses came to a place of palm trees and 12 springs of water. And Cornuke along his walk next came to a place of palm trees, with 12 wells of drinkable water. Again matching the Biblical account.

3. Then Cornuke came across caves which were being excavated by Saudi Archaeologist. Cornuke was told that inside the caves was found writings that stated that Moses had come through this area with his nation of Hebrews.

4. According to the Bible God descended upon Mt. Sinia like a furnace of fire. The peak of the Mt Sinai according to Cornuke and others was thoroughly blackened. And the rocks up close appeared to be severely scorched from without. When the rocks were broken open, inside was found pure untouched granite.

5. The Bible tells us that God had Moses place boundary markers in front of the mountain. Exodus 19:23. According to Cornuke they found large piles of rocks arranged in a semicircle around the front of the mountain, spaced about every 400 yards. Measuring about 5 and 20 feet across.

6. According to the Bible, those who opposed Moses and God built a large altar where the Golden calf was placed. According to Cornuke they discovered a large manmade formation just a short distance from the mountain with numerous ancient drawings of Egyptain bull gods.

7. Scripture tells us that Moses had a stone altar built at the base of the mountain with twelve pillars. Cornuke discoverd at the base of the mountain a stone altar with several toppled pillars.

8. When the Israelites were dying of thirst, God told Moses to strike the rock which split, and huge amounts of water came forth and saved them. This rock was also near the mountain. Cornuke found a huge rock some 50 feet tall and split down the middle. There was obvious evidence that much water came from this rock in the past because of the amount of water erosion found around it.

9. Scripture also tells us that near the top of the mountain was a cave where Elijah stayed when Moses went up to receive the ten commandments. Cornuke stated that such a cave was found near the top of the mountain, again matching the Biblical account.

So you see, not just any mountain will do. And you would have to be in real denial to ignore this kind of evidence. Cornuke used the Bible as a map. And every obvious physical description spoken of in the Scriptures was found there. And it was not just natural terrain, but also manmade structures.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Why would anyone believe a man like Bob Cornuke?..Legitimate archeologists don't. It's bad enough that you think the bible is an accurate book of history.

About Bob Cornuke.....He describes himself as a Biblical archaeologist, but has no degree or training in archaeology. He holds a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and a Ph.D. in Bible and Theology, both from the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. Cornuke is travel guide/business partners with Chuck Missler. Cornuke received credits at Missler's unaccredited Koinonia Institute, which were transferable to the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. He is the author of six books about his explorations over the last 20 years. Archaeologists and other critics characterize his approach of using of the Bible as a literal guide for his explorations as pseudoarchaeology

He uses the typical creationist approach of twisting facts to fit a conclusion already made.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:27 PM

271 posts, read 355,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The quran says otherwise... 7:143 And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said: My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain! (Sinai) If it stand still in its place, then thou wilt see Me. And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down. And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers.

Now the question is...Who's myth should one believe?
I am not following and not interested.
The verse's translation is below. I don't know your source, but at least try to be honest

7:143:
And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

I think it doesn't talk about what you think it does
It is about Moses arrival to appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, God says that he left chilren of Israel. they weren't with him.

Last edited by Truth light; 11-13-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why would anyone believe a man like Bob Cornuke?..Legitimate archeologists don't. It's bad enough that you think the bible is an accurate book of history.

About Bob Cornuke.....He describes himself as a Biblical archaeologist, but has no degree or training in archaeology. He holds a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and a Ph.D. in Bible and Theology, both from the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. Cornuke is travel guide/business partners with Chuck Missler. Cornuke received credits at Missler's unaccredited Koinonia Institute, which were transferable to the unaccredited Louisiana Baptist University. He is the author of six books about his explorations over the last 20 years. Archaeologists and other critics characterize his approach of using of the Bible as a literal guide for his explorations as pseudoarchaeology

He uses the typical creationist approach of twisting facts to fit a conclusion already made.
And that is why your legitimate archaeologists are still looking for Mt. Sinia. They know how to attack others and their work. Yet they neither have the incentive, or the spirit of adventure to step outside of their protective box. The shepheard boy who discovered the Dead Sea scrolls had no accreditation. Yet he discovered the most important Biblical find of the century. Where were your legitimate archaeologist then? You don't have to be an archaeologist sanspeur to walk the path from the red granit pillers found at the Red Sea Crossing site to report on the bitter springs, or the 12 wells surrounded by palm trees. You don't have to be an archaeologist to report what other archaeologists have stated about the writings found in the caves of Moses, or to see the charred peak at the top of the mountain. You don't have to be an archaeologists to see the altar that was built at the base of the mountain, or to see the large manmade structure with the 12 Egyptian bull Gods carved into it. You don't have to be an archaeologist to measure of the boundary markers found in a semicircle around the front of the mountain, or to report the finding of a cave near the top of the mountain. And you don't have to be an archaeologist to reveal to all, the pictures of a 50 foot rock broken in two, which shows water erosion around that rock. The pictures came to us from Cornuke and others. And this site has been confirmed by Dr. Moller as well. Also Hershal Shanks who is the editor of Biblical Archaeological Review has stated that what Cornuke and others have discovered is without question, the best candidate for the real Mt. Sinia. Even the video on my orgianl post shows all of this sanspeur. The fact is everything the Bible spoke of can be seen near or around the mountain. Please don't blame Cornuke for that reality. You can see some of this yourself, even on google earth.

Last edited by Campbell34; 11-13-2010 at 01:23 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Your appeals to authority mean very little, as most of your authorities are merely biased amateurs.
There was no attack. I merely pointed out the lack of qualifications of the people you quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality