Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you know, if you really want to confirm the location of the Red Sea crossing. Then we really should start at the very beginning. I believe the Bible is 100% true. You, not so much. Yet if the Bible is true, then just locating the geography for such a crossing should not be that hard to do. And the reason I say that, is because the Bible gives us some real clues to consider. First, according to the Scriptures there would of been at least two million people gathered at the crossing site. Second, all avenues of escape were cut off. They could not flee to the South, or to the North. Nor could they return back to the West. Pharoah's army was waiting for them. So the only direction they could move to. Would be the East. Now, the first thing one would have to consider is. Where in the entire Gulf of Aqaba could one find a beach so large, that it would be able to support the assembly of two million people? And second, if such a beach was found. It would have to have all avenues of escape blocked. And this is where that geography comes into play. Through the process of elimination we can pretty much narrow down the search. If you consider the entire Gulf of Aqaba. You will discover there is only one place that would support two million people. And it is the only place that has both the North side, and the South side cut off by mountains. And naturally, that would prevent anyone from getting away. And that place would be the Beach at Nuweiba which also borders the Red Sea. Now of course, there are a number of requirements still necessary for this location to fulfill the Biblical account. Which I will adress next. Yet this entire account reads like a crime scene. And what is needed, is to connect the dots. So that is why I believe we first need to start at the very beginning.

Except the bible has been disproven on many parts, so it can't be 100 percent true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Campell you wouldn't appreciate it and not believe any of it anyway .
I believe what can be proven by facts. Yet often some people here try to pass off their personal assumptions, as if they were facts. And some folks entire belief system, is only being supported by another mans wrong assumptions. Popular beliefs, have often been shown to be very misleading.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Except the bible has been disproven on many parts, so it can't be 100 percent true.
Who sold you that line? I bet someone who does not believe the Bible. I have been around for some 60 years. And I have yet to see anything that could discount the Scriptures. Yet some folks believe statements like that.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Yet often some people here try to pass off their personal assumptions, as if they were facts. And some folks entire belief system, is only being supported by another mans wrong assumptions. Popular beliefs, have often been shown to be very misleading.
You are speaking of yourself here right? Myths are not facts. Face it Campbell, there is no evidence that jews wandered the desert for forty years, or using magic somehow parted the Red sea in order to cross it.

When anyone produces evidence that you are wrong, instead of admitting it you just ignore it and post yet another link from a biased site.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Really? You don't know much about the history of Syria Palestinian archeology then do you? Who was the father of it all might i ask? Even today people still adhere to a lot of his methods, and as i said many finds have been found by the experts you so claim would never ever take them serious. There will always be disagreements between maximlists and minimalists, but that doesn't mean neither group find things proving the bible. Eilat mazar has found a few stone walls and structures that she dates and says proves a thriving kingdom of david. Now while not everyone agrees with her dating. The fact is she is someone that believes and works in the field. What you want is people to take amateurs with no training in a field, but the bible in one hand serious. Ones who claim they find stuff.....but mysteriously never can show it to you.

Oh please, Bible believers have been showing their finds for years. And they do this with books, still shots, and film. They point right to the locations of their discovery. Yet were are your experts? The Mt. Sinia site has been around for the last ten years. The Red Sea crossing site as well. Can you explain to us, why none of your experts have ever taken the time to considere either site?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are speaking of yourself here right? Myths are not facts. Face it Campbell, there is no evidence that jews wandered the desert for forty years, or using magic somehow parted the Red sea in order to cross it.

When anyone produces evidence that you are wrong, instead of admitting it you just ignore it and post yet another link from a biased site.

Of course anyone who does not agree with you is considered biased. Yet the Red Sea Crossing site, and the Mt. Sinia site matches all the details found in the Scriptures. And there is evidence to be found at both sites. Now tell me, what evidence was produced that dismisses those findings? Especially when your experts refuse to consider either one. I would say it is your experts that are ignoring the evidence sanspeur. And that is why we have a no show by them. And at both sites in question. You always speak in vague general terms. Yet when you accuse me of ignoring the evidence. Why is it, that your never able to describe what evidence I have ignored?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Here is a quick description of evidence that you ignore...Anything and everything that does not fit with the conclusions you have already drawn.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Who sold you that line? I bet someone who does not believe the Bible. I have been around for some 60 years. And I have yet to see anything that could discount the Scriptures. Yet some folks believe statements like that.
That's coming from years of study on the subject from reconized experts on the field. See in my 35 years i actually read boths sides of the coin, something i think you could do well to mimic no? I keep an open mind, so i don't discount things in the bible actually happening. However i am intelligent enough to realize it was not a literal book. And the original documents bore little of a resemblance to what we have now.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Oh please, Bible believers have been showing their finds for years. And they do this with books, still shots, and film. They point right to the locations of their discovery. Yet were are your experts? The Mt. Sinia site has been around for the last ten years. The Red Sea crossing site as well. Can you explain to us, why none of your experts have ever taken the time to considere either site?
Because almost no expert believed it happened do to many factors. Number one being because of logistics you would have some proof of a large scale movement within the Sinai. 2. places like ezion geber and kadesh didn't even exist at the time. 3. groups of people like the philistines,moabites, and edomites also didn't exist. In fact the transjordan was very sparsely populated until the 9th century. 4. The fact is if there were that many slaves in eygpt then their disaperence would have rocked the egyptian world and would have been felt all over. You don't just have a large scale movement of slaves from an area and it not have and effect on the economic structure. And finally number 5 being that during the time of the powerful new kingdom you had a firm Egyptian control on cannan. Yet in none of the texts is this mentioned, nor is the arrival of the sea peoples. And also....why would they escape to an area under Egyptian control if they wanted to be free. Lets not even get into the idea of the conquest either.

The other problem is the proof bob corunuke and his friend offer is so thin it's hard to really prove anything. So the mountain has a black top...so do hundreds of others....so there is a petroglyph of a bull.....hardly exotic....and there are a bunch of stones around that they claim are boundary markers. The point is the proof they offer is subjective at best and of course they pick and area that no western archaeologist would be allowed into....convenient isn't it?

And biblical finds are proven all the time believe it or not. If all these doctors wanted to do was disprove or ignore the bible then any text that found it would just be tossed in the garbage no? What they don't do is believe without any proof as you seem to think they should.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Well you know, if you really want to confirm the location of the Red Sea crossing. Then we really should start at the very beginning. I believe the Bible is 100% true. You, not so much. Yet if the Bible is true, then just locating the geography for such a crossing should not be that hard to do. And the reason I say that, is because the Bible gives us some real clues to consider. First, according to the Scriptures there would of been at least two million people gathered at the crossing site. Second, all avenues of escape were cut off. They could not flee to the South, or to the North. Nor could they return back to the West. Pharoah's army was waiting for them. So the only direction they could move to. Would be the East. Now, the first thing one would have to consider is. Where in the entire Gulf of Aqaba could one find a beach so large, that it would be able to support the assembly of two million people? And second, if such a beach was found. It would have to have all avenues of escape blocked. And this is where that geography comes into play. Through the process of elimination we can pretty much narrow down the search. If you consider the entire Gulf of Aqaba. You will discover there is only one place that would support two million people. And it is the only place that has both the North side, and the South side cut off by mountains. And naturally, that would prevent anyone from getting away. And that place would be the Beach at Nuweiba which also borders the Red Sea. Now of course, there are a number of requirements still necessary for this location to fulfill the Biblical account. Which I will adress next. Yet this entire account reads like a crime scene. And what is needed, is to connect the dots. So that is why I believe we first need to start at the very beginning.
Yes, but you start at the illogical beginning. "I believe the Bible is 100% true. You, not so much."

If you take all the Bible claims as true, then of course you are going to be able to work out how it works. Then you look around and find landmarks to fit it. But the Exodus as described in the Bible doesn't fit anywhere. The beginning is questionable at the outset, so why should I accept a figure of two million in a book notorious for figures that look wildly exaggerated to us today.

Your belief in the Bible being 100% true leads you into some poor (though enthusiastic) reasoning and ending up with nothing.

I have pointed up some problems already. That altar doesn't actually look like an altar and the drawings don't look ritual. I have pointed up questions about the Solomon pillar and the supposed 'boundary markers' (Exodus doesn't actually say that markers were placed, just bounds set about it). There were twelve pillars found but not the altar?

I'm not so bothered about what you believe or what disproofs you are willing to accept (if any - I suppose the Hyksos and Tempest stele is a non - starter now?) but I suppose I'm doing what science does with cxreationism - show up the misconceptions and false assumptions so that others won't be fooled.

I don't deny that the argument looks impressive as does that split stone. Moller must have fallen to his knees when he saw that! But Many apologetics arguments do until examined and then they unravel. I think this one is already unravelling, but a lot of the evidence is not available.

So I have to be a bit agnostic until the checks can be made. I'll just repeat that this thread is about documentary evidence, but I suppose the Moller rehash of Wyatt was inevitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality