Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The story of the Exodus is like a combination lock. ALL the tumblers have to line up in order to open the lock. And those land marks have to be found in an accurate sequence. And when you consider the number of such. Then you will understand, that this is something that cannot be fabricated. Now if you don't want to consider the evidence or the written word. Then what can one say? It's like finding a treasure map, and then saying. "Well, I don't believe the map and it's 20 paces. I believe it was 100 paces". You have to follow the information given, or there is no reason to follow anything at all. Do you not agree?

Really and how about the cities that didn't exist at that time? Or groups of people who didn't also exist? Or the fact that early israeli culture was non Egyptian. Seems like a lot of it was fabricated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 11:02 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
By the way, what exactly was the gender and family makeup of the Ark survivors? I haven't looked into the details, since the entire story is extraordinarily weak on a larger basis. Were they all or mostly men, and of the same family?
Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives. So...at least five genetically related people. Certainly not a sufficient gene pool to reproduce the population by any stretch of the imagination. Interested in why, Google for 'population bottleneck' and 'minimum viable population'. Some interesting reading.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not interested in this one Campo old bean?
Some people believe that God's 6 days of creation are six 24 hours days. Others like myself believe each day = 1,000 years. So sometimes the Bibles timeline is not as clear as some would have us believe. So it's not really a question of believeing the Bible, as much as it is understanding the Bible.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Really and how about the cities that didn't exist at that time? Or groups of people who didn't also exist? Or the fact that early israeli culture was non Egyptian. Seems like a lot of it was fabricated.

Of course, all of that and the timing is subject to what expert you choose to believe. I don't waste my time with their endless assumptions. And that is why I point to the site were the event took place, and followed the obvious clues. Debating dates could last a lifetime. Obvious clues and evidence will confirm the crossing. And this reality is made real, if your intrested in facts that can be both viewed and considered.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
What pictures lol? And most of your arguments are based off of made up information so what does that tell us?
So since you have stated that most of my information is based off of made up information. Could you tell us what information was actually made up? Or is that just a bias opinion of yours that is based on nothing? I hear statements like that all the time. Yet those who make such statements often can't point to anything to confirm their claims.

Last edited by Campbell34; 11-19-2010 at 01:07 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, then you also feel free to manipulate time to fit your beliefs...

I was wrong, according to answers in genesis ....Flood....4,285 years ago...Exodus 3,428 years ago...That is only 857 years between the two...The problem is greater than I thought!

The Date of Noah’s Flood
Campbell, I'm still waiting for you to address this little fly in your ointment...Your God's year could equal 1000 years during creation doesn't do it, because we are talking about the time gap between the flood and exodus.....

How do eight people generate millions in only 857 years of 24 hour days....I'm very interested in how you are going to wriggle out of this one, unless of course you are willing to admit that either the flood or the exodus couldn't have happened...

I won't hold my breath since I have never once seen you admit that you were wrong about anything, even when ( as in this case) the bible proves itself wrong.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Campbell, I'm still waiting for you to address this little fly in your ointment...Your God's year could equal 1000 years during creation doesn't do it, because we are talking about the time gap between the flood and exodus.....

How do eight people generate millions in only 857 years of 24 hour days....I'm very interested in how you are going to wriggle out of this one, unless of course you are willing to admit that either the flood or the exodus couldn't have happened...

I won't hold my breath since I have never once seen you admit that you were wrong about anything, even when ( as in this case) the bible proves itself wrong.
after a sedulous review i've concluded: evidently their phalluses had to be a lot more powerful back then.
Noah's was so powerful post flood he produced 3 distinct races.
those were the days.... they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:42 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Some people believe that God's 6 days of creation are six 24 hours days.
Totally irrelevant old thing....nothing to do with creation. Creation was all done and dusted before the period we are addressing. Bible chronology says that the flood took place around 2300 BCE. "Many", according to you, claim it took place between 3400 - 4990 BCE. Which are you going with?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Of course, all of that and the timing is subject to what expert you choose to believe. I don't waste my time with their endless assumptions. And that is why I point to the site were the event took place, and followed the obvious clues. Debating dates could last a lifetime. Obvious clues and evidence will confirm the crossing. And this reality is made real, if your intrested in facts that can be both viewed and considered.

Actually no expert alive disagrees on my opinion there buck a roo . Even most orthodox Jewish archaeologists will tell you that the exodus didn't happen the way it was written.

Last edited by paganmama80; 11-19-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So since you have stated that most of my information is based off of made up information. Could you tell us what information was actually made up? Or is that just a bias opinion of yours that is based on nothing? I hear statements like that all the time. Yet those who make such statements often can't point to anything to confirm their claims.

Ron wyatt makes assumptions based off of nothing more then what he perceives as evidence. He sees the gulf of aquba as a possible entry point to the promised land and begins manufacturing evidence. He fines what he claims is a chariot wheel...that happens to disapeer when other people look for it. He finds a pillar thats standing and claims he see's names on it,yes they seem to vanish when anyone else takes a look at it. Not to mention that the books mention nothing of them going there....or geographically they don't fit. My information is based off of reading varieties of reports and putting thought into it. Not blindly believing some ding dong who validates what i want to believe as gospel truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality