Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 06:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes sanspeur, my responce was to fulback32 who I feel was wrong about no such keyhole satellite ever being placed in space by a shuttle mission. Yet his belief, and what others have stated including newspaper reports appear to differ. That being said. It really is time to move on. As to date, I have not been able to locate the alleged photo of the exodus trail. It may be one of those military classified one's. Yet I will continue to search for more information.
Yes, that's all we would ask, that it be regarded as unsubstantiated pending more information.

Quote:
Another inscription found on the shores of the Red Sea, and covers a wall of stone about 100 feet high and was considered ancient by Diodorus Siculus in 10 B.C. Speaks of the miraculous crossing by the Israelites over a divided sea, followed by the mighty army of pharoah. It also tells us that pharoahs army was submerged into the sea when the waters returned. The inscription is written in both Egyptian hieroglyphics, and Hebrew letters. This would also be considered extra Biblical evidence. And since some of the inscription is written in Egyptian hieroglyphics, it could be considered documentation from an Egyptian source. More of the account can be viewed in the link below.

The Red Sea Revisited
Yes, I tried to find out more about these inscriptions. They seem to me in the Sinai but are associated with a cemetery founded by the Egyptians and many are egyptian, though there are (theist) claims that they are not regular egyptian as they don't have paintings. (Not eveyone was buried in a noble's tomb) Some are hebrew and some have crosses (though some (again theists) try to dissmiss these as only a few and merely 'looking' like crosses.

The translations have been challenged though I see no reason to doubt them. The basis is that, rather like the Solomon pillar (even if it is anything to do with solomon) merely refers back to an event (real or not) in Jewish history and in no way can be taken as anything done by Exodus jews passing through on the way to the Red sea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,973,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Yes, that's all we would ask, that it be regarded as unsubstantiated pending more information.

Yes, I tried to find out more about these inscriptions. They seem to me in the Sinai but are associated with a cemetery founded by the Egyptians and many are egyptian, though there are (theist) claims that they are not regular egyptian as they don't have paintings. (Not eveyone was buried in a noble's tomb) Some are hebrew and some have crosses (though some (again theists) try to dissmiss these as only a few and merely 'looking' like crosses.

The translations have been challenged though I see no reason to doubt them. The basis is that, rather like the Solomon pillar (even if it is anything to do with solomon) merely refers back to an event (real or not) in Jewish history and in no way can be taken as anything done by Exodus jews passing through on the way to the Red sea.

Well that would be like saying a building has nothing to do with a structure. Or the Bible has nothing to do with faith. Your comment makes absolutely no sense. Those who would challenged the translation would be in a very small minority. This is really nothing more then you expressing your unbelief. And has nothing to do with the reality of the case. The topic was about Egyptian documentation of the Exodus. And the inscription written on the shores of the Red Sea , matches the Biblical account. And it was written in Egyptian hieroglyphics, and Hebrew letters. And because it was written in hieroglyphics, it would have to of been written sometime near the actual event. And these same inscriptions were spoken of by Diodorus Siculus in 10 B.C. who stated the writings were considered ancient in his time. So this is not some modern invention.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:03 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
Quote:
It would be helpful if this alleged photo appeared, but it won't. Either it was classified, so the guy that claimed it exists never saw it OR it never existed at all. Either way, I am incredulous that the individual who posted this claim calls what I know to be fact "my belief". I am amazed that he will continue to believe the words of a liar who makes thing up to support a faith item. I am offended that the individual listens to the words of a liar instead of someone who actually works with the program in question. I am astounded that the individual cannot see facts from people like globalsecurity.org, who BTW is an offshoot of the Federation of American Scientists and a military watchdog, and not be able to say, "Wow, I did not know that."

No, I can no longer be bothered with this topic nor the individual. There is an old saying, "Comanches have a short fuse when dealing with fools." I shall take the lead of other who have decided to put the individual on ignore.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Yes sanspeur, my responce was to fulback32 who I feel was wrong about no such keyhole satellite ever being placed in space by a shuttle mission. Yet his belief, and what others have stated including newspaper reports appear to differ. That being said. It really is time to move on. As to date, I have not been able to locate the alleged photo of the exodus trail. It may be one of those military classified one's. Yet I will continue to search for more information.

Another inscription found on the shores of the Red Sea, and covers a wall of stone about 100 feet high and was considered ancient by Diodorus Siculus in 10 B.C. Speaks of the miraculous crossing by the Israelites over a divided sea, followed by the mighty army of pharoah. It also tells us that pharoahs army was submerged into the sea when the waters returned. The inscription is written in both Egyptian hieroglyphics, and Hebrew letters. This would also be considered extra Biblical evidence. And since some of the inscription is written in Egyptian hieroglyphics, it could be considered documentation from an Egyptian source. More of the account can be viewed in the link below.

The Red Sea Revisited

And proof of this inscription is where exactly?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
It would be helpful if this alleged photo appeared, but it won't. Either it was classified, so the guy that claimed it exists never saw it OR it never existed at all. Either way, I am incredulous that the individual who posted this claim calls what I know to be fact "my belief". I am amazed that he will continue to believe the words of a liar who makes thing up to support a faith item. I am offended that the individual listens to the words of a liar instead of someone who actually works with the program in question. I am astounded that the individual cannot see facts from people like globalsecurity.org, who BTW is an offshoot of the Federation of American Scientists and a military watchdog, and not be able to say, "Wow, I did not know that."

No, I can no longer be bothered with this topic nor the individual. There is an old saying, "Comanches have a short fuse when dealing with fools." I shall take the lead of other who have decided to put the individual on ignore.

Wow, you just said the photo might be classified. Now you say the person in question is a liar. That's kind of a leap of faith. And how do you know he is a liar? After all in February 26, 1990 the Los Angeles Times reported that NASA was launching a $500 million KH-12 keyhole satellite from the space shuttle Atlantis. If I recall, did you not say that no such satellite was ever launch from a space shuttle? The story was reported by John Pike who is a space expert with the washington-based federation of American Scientist. And you can put me on your personal ignore list if you wish. Yet don't forget to put John Pike, and the Los Angeles times on there to. After all, we don't want facts getting in the way of your beliefs. Fools don't always speak the truth, yet they often run from it. If your looking for me, I will be right here.LOL

Last edited by Campbell34; 11-21-2010 at 10:13 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
And proof of this inscription is where exactly?
There are actually a number of such inscriptions, and they have been located by numerous historians and explorers from the past. In 1905 John Murray spoke of two inscriptions found in the Wadi Sidri that refer to the murmuring of the Jewish people against Moses about their great thirst, hunger and terror they experienced during their flight from the Egyptians.

In 1857 pictures of inscriptions were taken by Francis Frith. Those inscriptions read as follows.

" The wind blowing, the sea dividing into parts, they pass over"

"The Hebrews flee through the sea; the sea is turned into dry land."

"The waters permitted and dismissed to flow, burst rushing unawares upon the astonished men, congregated from quarters banded together to slay treacherously being lifted up with pride."

"The leader divideth asunder the sea, its waves roaring. The people enter, and pass through the midst of the waters."

You can find all of the above in the link below.

The Hebrew Red Sea Crossing (Exodus)

Historian Diodorus Siculus spoke about these inscriptions around 10 B.C.

In 1753 Bishop Claton of Ireland spoke of the inscriptions. In 1761 the German explorer Barthold Niebuhr also found such inscriptions that confirmed the Exodus account.

In the link below it speaks of John E. Potter in 1862. There he saw a long inscription that was one hundred feet high and contained forty-one successive lines in hieroglyphics. It to described the events of the Red Sea Crossing.

The Red Sea Revisited

Old 11-21-2010, 10:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:

Again prior to the flooding of the Black Sea lowered Sea Levels Worldwide by a foot. It is entirely probable that there was water separating Africa and Asia before that which fell away at some point

Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
There are actually a number of such inscriptions, and they have been located by numerous historians and explorers from the past. In 1905 John Murray spoke of two inscriptions found in the Wadi Sidri that refer to the murmuring of the Jewish people against Moses about their great thirst, hunger and terror they experienced during their flight from the Egyptians.

In 1857 pictures of inscriptions were taken by Francis Frith. Those inscriptions read as follows.

" The wind blowing, the sea dividing into parts, they pass over"

"The Hebrews flee through the sea; the sea is turned into dry land."

"The waters permitted and dismissed to flow, burst rushing unawares upon the astonished men, congregated from quarters banded together to slay treacherously being lifted up with pride."

"The leader divideth asunder the sea, its waves roaring. The people enter, and pass through the midst of the waters."

You can find all of the above in the link below.

The Hebrew Red Sea Crossing (Exodus)

Historian Diodorus Siculus spoke about these inscriptions around 10 B.C.

In 1753 Bishop Claton of Ireland spoke of the inscriptions. In 1761 the German explorer Barthold Niebuhr also found such inscriptions that confirmed the Exodus account.

In the link below it speaks of John E. Potter in 1862. There he saw a long inscription that was one hundred feet high and contained forty-one successive lines in hieroglyphics. It to described the events of the Red Sea Crossing.

The Red Sea Revisited

First off diodorus siculus never mentioned the exodus...just an account of waters drying up in ancient times that you are assuming is related. Second the photo is a b&w picture of a broken stand...who translated it might i ask? I doubt bishop claton or niebuhr could have anyway because the full translation of hieroglyphs wasn't complete until the mid 1820's. And lets not forget that niebuhr wasn't even alive in 1761. What i am looking for is not stuff from a biblical website....but some actual data on the subject. Until you post that type of stuff no one will ever take you serious.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why would there be detailed documentation on the building of the pyramids? To the Egyptians building pyramids was as normal as building churches or arenas is to us. They probably never thought people thousands of years later would be puzzled by them.
Apart from that there is some documentation to be found within the pyramids.
There is no documentation.

If you're talking about the white-washed mud brick with the cartouche of Sneferu painted on it in red ochre paint, that is a forgery by Colonel Howard-Vyse.

If you're talking about the partially mummified remains in the 3rd Pyramid attributed to Men-ka-ra that has the cartouche of Men-ka-ra painted on it in red ochre paint, that is a forgery by Colonel Howard-Vyse. In the mid-1960s the British Museum finally decided to date the mummified remains and the remains date to circa 200 BCE.

If you're talking about the partial sarcophagus with the cartouche of Men-ka-ra painted on it in red ocher paint, that is a forgery by Colonel Howard-Vyse. The British Museum got around to dating that at that same time the dated the mummified remains, and it dates to the Saitic Period.

If you're talking about the hieroglyphs in Wellington's Chamber painted in red ocher paint, that is a forgery by Colonel Howard-Vyse. The forged cartouche is that of a pharaoh who ruled about 200 years after Khufu.

If you're talking about the hieroglyphs in Campbell's Chamber above Wellington's Chamber painted in red ocher paint, that is also a forgery by Colonel Howard-Vyse. The forged cartouche is that of Pharaoh Raufu, who appears to have never been a pharaoh, not to mention some of the characters are vertical (as the should be), some are linear (and they shouldn't be), some are hieratic (a form of cursive that didn't exist until 800 years after Khufu died), some are Linear Hieratic A (which didn't exist until about 1,200 years after Khufu died), and some are Linear Hieratic B (which didn't exist until just before the Saitic Period).

Old 11-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
First off diodorus siculus never mentioned the exodus...just an account of waters drying up in ancient times that you are assuming is related. Second the photo is a b&w picture of a broken stand...who translated it might i ask? I doubt bishop claton or niebuhr could have anyway because the full translation of hieroglyphs wasn't complete until the mid 1820's. And lets not forget that niebuhr wasn't even alive in 1761. What i am looking for is not stuff from a biblical website....but some actual data on the subject. Until you post that type of stuff no one will ever take you serious.

Well first of all Diodorus Siculus wrote about an extraordinary ancient report about the tribes in Egypt (AND THE MIRACULOUS DRYING UP OF THE RED SEA). You forgot to mention that the waters that dried up were related to the Red Sea. Many of these inscriptions are understood today. So you can't dismiss what is know about them today. And few who oppose the Bible will be interested in such evidence. So naturally only the believers will be pointing out such things to you. And I could make the same stupid arguement. Until Christian believers post evidence supporting evolution. Until you post that type of stuff no one will ever take you serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality