Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 11:55 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
He took the course twice...two F's
Perhaps he was too busy doing his paper route to concentrate on the course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 AM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
TKramar sounds like a person who has completely withdrawn from society...There is a name for that in the medical journals...Just can't think of it at the moment.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:30 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
When did I say anything about a crusade? I think that if you start screaming at me about "the Christians" or "the Catholics" or anyone else when I haven't asked you about them, then you are proselytizing just as badly as the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses that I don't want to hear from either.

If I go up and ASK you about your religious preferences, then feel free to spout off about them. Otherwise, they're unsolicited, and unwelcome. And I don't care WHERE you're coming from. I don't care if we ostensibly share the same faith...I don't want to hear it. If I wanted to hear that crud all the time, I'd go to church every Sunday. I haven't gone in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's strange that I only hear atheists complaining that Christians "stole" Christmas from the pagans, when Christmas isn't even a religious observance these days. It's funny to me how rarely you see ME bringing up a topic in the religion forums...or in daily life.

As I have said earlier, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be the guiltiest of bringing unsolicited opinions on religion, but atheists run close behind them. If I didn't ASK you to bring up the topic of religion (in daily life), then WHY are you doing it? Just leave me alone with your anti-religion crusade, and I'll certainly leave you alone with discussion of...well, anything. I believe in keeping to myself, and I don't start up conversations with strangers. Small talk is NOT part of my repertoire.

Need I remind you, atheist know more about religion then the religious.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
I always find is amusing when i go to the "religion" forum on various forums how militant atheists are about hating everything religious.

Why do you care that the VAST majority of people on the planet believe in God?

Personally i could care less if people worship Jesus, Allah, birds, frogs, chickens or a rock. Moderator cut: Inappropriate language do i care? thats their right...
That's right and that's because they are DEMONIC.

If they truly did not believe in God then they wouldn't even bother. They know he's real, they know where they're heading, and so they're just here to kick stuff up as much as possible before their final destination.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The devil knows the Bible word for word.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I think you need to enroll in an 'Anger Management' course.

No, people just need to learn not to push their beliefs on others, regardless of what those beliefs are. It isn't difficult.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:

I don't consider myself religious though. I don't go to a church or read a Book about it. My belief comes down to one thing, and one thing only, and it's a conscious choice on my part. I don't seek out other information on it, because it isn't going to change what I think and believe, it isn't going to change my experiences, it is going to have no effect on something that's subjective.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:00 AM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
That's right and that's because they are DEMONIC.

If they truly did not believe in God then they wouldn't even bother. They know he's real, they know where they're heading, and so they're just here to kick stuff up as much as possible before their final destination.
Are you serious? You think Atheists are demons? If you are then I would suggest that is one of the worst (false) attacks on atheists I've ever heard.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:47 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,732 times
Quote:
Yes...most of the religious believe they have a lock on the passage to heaven and never stop to think about the fact that since primitive mankind first began to make marks on the walls of caves god worship has been thriving. Each generation has totally removed any possibility of real individual feelings being developed by callously indoctrinating the next with their individual belief. As we speak if one includes the south sea islands there are more than 4000 gods. Take the Christian faith and add over 44,000 denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cultures etc.

Those who have been purposefully and willfully indoctrinated with subjective information to replace their inherent desire and thirst for knowledge, real factual information...will never realize the true feeling of personal accomplishment because they must give credit to some invisible man in the sky. I believe it's one of the saddest outcomes of mankind's difficult trek through the eons. I believe brainwashing infants and small children with fables and unprovable myths should be considered a form of child abuse and that those who do it should be removed from society by incarceration.

Last edited by Melvin.George; 11-29-2010 at 06:04 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 06:01 AM

Like being able to predict the weather, or to find the cure for cancer?

Those are still unknowable. Science has also yet to create, from scratch, human life, except by using the biological means already in use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality