Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Gee, finally! An admission that you are a liar indicating that nothing you say or claim to believe should be listened to since it is probably false.

Nice of you to clear that up.

What lie?

There has to be truth for there to be a lie, and truth does not exist.

It is simple to pay lip service to something whether you believe it or not...and this is often done simply to avoid being confrontational.

But I suppose you've made a living out of being confrontational? Those are the types of people I've had to correct. You start it, I'll finish it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What lie?

There has to be truth for there to be a lie, and truth does not exist.

It is simple to pay lip service to something whether you believe it or not...and this is often done simply to avoid being confrontational.

But I suppose you've made a living out of being confrontational? Those are the types of people I've had to correct. You start it, I'll finish it.
Once again, an attempt at intimidation from a liar. You attempt to be confrontational at every turn then claim it means nothing. Your whole attitude and stance are nothing but lies.

Of course it would appear that in your world lies are truth.

I said it before, nice little belief system you have there where you consider yourself and only yourself of value and to have any truth. Just keep ignoring any other truth that intrudes on your little fantasy world there, bubba.

BTW, if you try "correcting" anyone, do it on a public page and sign your name. Anything else and you are a coward.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM

What lie is there in the situation mentioned above?

What truth is there in an oath?

You have some very twisted morality, maybe that's part of being an atheist. I don't believe in oaths.

And you're right, you do NOT count in my world, you have no impact on me, and have nothing to offer me. So why should I care anything about you, when it's of no benefit to me?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
What lie is there in the situation mentioned above?

What truth is there in an oath?

You have some very twisted morality, maybe that's part of being an atheist. I don't believe in oaths.

And you're right, you do NOT count in my world, you have no impact on me, and have nothing to offer me. So why should I care anything about you, when it's of no benefit to me?

You took an oath, otherwise known as a promise, fully intending to not honor it. Hence a lie and a cowardly act.

One note: you should not use words that you don't understand, ie morality.

Btw, if responses such as mine do "not" count in your world (nice of you to admit that you live in another world) why are you in such a hurry to respond to them? Seems as if you lie to yourself too.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You took an oath, otherwise known as a promise, fully intending to not honor it. Hence a lie and a cowardly act.

One note: you should not use words that you don't understand, ie morality.

Btw, if responses such as mine do "not" count in your world (nice of you to admit that you live in another world) why are you in such a hurry to respond to them? Seems as if you lie to yourself too.
I don't make promises. If you want to put your faith in someone else then that's your fault. I never have, and never will.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I don't make promises. If you want to put your faith in someone else then that's your fault. I never have, and never will.
Once again, proof of cowardice and lies.

And once again immediately responding to a subject you claim means nothing to you and offering excuses for you lack of position.

You truly are a piece of work (bad work).

Old 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM

How is it "cowardice"? There is no reason to trust others. Just simple logic and common sense. Not cowardice.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
How is it "cowardice"? There is no reason to trust others. Just simple logic and common sense. Not cowardice.
Simple spin and attempting to play with words.

Once again, you shouldn't use words that you don't understand. ie logic and common snese.

All you have shown is how limited and self serving you are.

I am done with you on this topic.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Simple is not trusting other people. Faith is hard.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:07 AM

543 posts, read 2,310,728 times
Education begins in the home. If we choose to pass our faith on to our children, that is our business.

Faith is believing in something that common sense tells us not to. DH and I have alot of faith and have chosen to pass our values on to our children as our parents passed on to us which happens to include our religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality