Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I'm saying, He condensed the time of light travel to an instant of time. This is my theory only. If you can explain creation according to traditional thought, then you are better than all the scientists combined. Like I said it is a paradox. Scientist themselves are stomped and in disagreement.
I dont know of any stumped scientists, they know how the stars and planets were formed and are still formed and die and they know how long it takes the light to travel here. We also know all about the light we get from the sun.

Genesis makes NO sense whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 05:10 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You can't seriously believe all that....Can you?

Tell me what you believe about this subject that is absolutely true. Mine is just a theory. Just some new thoughts to talk about. No need to slam.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:24 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont know of any stumped scientists, they know how the stars and planets were formed and are still formed and die and they know how long it takes the light to travel here. We also know all about the light we get from the sun.

Genesis makes NO sense whatsoever.

I was not talking about how the stars and planets were formed. I was talking about how it all began and when they appeared in time. My theory is that the planets and stars appeared in time in their matured state as we see them and yes they will change according to natural law.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I was not talking about how the stars and planets were formed. I was talking about how it all began and when they appeared in time. My theory is that the planets and stars appeared in time in their matured state as we see them and yes they will change according to natural law.
I dont buy into the God poof here are billions or trillions of stars idea.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:02 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Do you think this universe could have fit in that dot? Time to start reading the Bible - a creation account that has historical, archeological evidence. A theory that doesn't defy the laws of physics.
You do know that the creation story in your Bible was directly plagiarized off of the earlier creation myth in the Enuma Elish, right?

Your god is a cheap man made hand-me-down as well, cobbled together from the traits and personalities of a dozen earlier desert tribal gods.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Evofreaks . . . is that you? . . . Looks like you have trolled more newbies. Your ignorance of science, theories and theology is unsurpassed in the forums . . . it is almost legendary. Why do you keep coming back after banning?
no sign 0f him since mystic, u could be on to somethin

Old 03-22-2011, 06:25 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
The only amazing thing here is that so many people actually still buy into creationist poppycock. Kent Hovind also isn't a credible source. recieved his degree at Patriot University in Colorado which is only accredited by the Amercian Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions. Here's the curriculum of the school:

Patriot Bible University, online bible correspondence college

Universities like these are more biased than Pope Benedict on methamphetamines. Kent Hovind doesn't have the credentials to back up his claims, he's completely ignorant of what evolution actually is and his sources aren't unbiased. It's interesting that creationists/IDers will adamently say that the evidence points to ID/creationism yet their sources are always from people whom don't have expertise in the fields that deal with evolution. Their sources are never actual biologists. The very minute quotes from biologists that they say support creationism either come from quote mining a biologist or taking quotes from a biologist who accepts creationism for personal religious beliefs rather than the insurmountable evidence that points to evolution by natural selection.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
Oh, I don't know, I think that all that "love thy neighbor" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" stuff stands pretty well on its own, whether the world was created 7000 years ago, 4 billion years ago, last Saturday, or whenever.
Oh pfffttt, those are not based on the bible. All societies have had basic tenets of acceptable social behaviour.

And unlike you, I am a stickler for the truth. If my holy document says something I expect it to stand up to scientific testing and I want it to be 100% truthful, honest and correct.

I don't go by this wishy washy "oh well, don't sweat the small inaccuracies".

Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Evolution is based on religion not science. If creationism doesn't belong in public schools, neither should evolution.

Evolution is not based on religion and creationism is based on religion and religion does NOT belong in school period!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh pfffttt, those are not based on the bible. All societies have had basic tenets of acceptable social behaviour.
True, but those two are stated specifically in the bible. Did they suddenly become less binding because they were put in a book that you happen to disagree with?

Quote:
And unlike you, I am a stickler for the truth.
Interesting, please tell me more about what I'm not. I'd be fascinated to hear.

Quote:
If my holy document says something I expect it to stand up to scientific testing and I want it to be 100% truthful, honest and correct.

I don't go by this wishy washy "oh well, don't sweat the small inaccuracies".
And there's the difference between us. I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to a whole school of thought just because they got certain details wrong. I'm not into the whole black or white, wrong or right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality