Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times

Advertisements

You mentioned my name but I cannot seem to connect the dots so I will comment on your post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Before commenting on above......A possible quickie to many posts......

A decorative and protective varnish won't adhere to a non-porous surface...(edit...no matter who applies)...don't want to miss Seekers thought.

Anyway...The idea of both all knowing and perfect are relative to our understandings in time and space obviously. My thinking is that the plan may be perfect in that the conclusion can only produce a perfect
product. Each life for example may finalize in a perfect state
relative to an imperfect beginning.....and so on for all that is.

All knowing may comprehend absolute consequence of ....all possible paths in all possible situations which only find rest in a final perfect state of above mentioned plan.
Unless you play the alternative scenes out in your mind, or subconscious, you only have the benefit of rash decisions. Waiting induced by prayer waiting for an answer, the answer comes from within much like decisions as to what to wear to an interview, you use common sense. More complex decisions like buying a car or house requires deeper deliberation, I have made bad impulse decisions on cars more than once. Had I waited a day or two, the bling factor would have diminished and the rational would have returned saving me wads of wasted money.

IMO we create our own destiny and take advice from peers and even peer pressure. The wisdom to think things through comes with age and usually learning the hard way.
Quote:
Above address's query regarding a prayer as redundant.

In light of the questions....do you find a certain inspiration to the creative mind I wonder....
or a collapse in a loss to find or more accurately force all the pieces to fit... on an imperfect playing board.

Don't forget...this is the, business of creativity. And the
discussion considers a Creative Origin..(Source...whatever is good)
Asserting an invisible external influence is merely a placebo for your own thought processes. The voice you may hear in your head is your own.

Many times I saw folk buying real expensive cars, boasting how god blessed them then awhile later they lose the job, business goes sour and they lose the car. What did they do wrong in the meantime? Nothing!

They were impulsive much like I was. Of course, seen as being blessed materially helps with the self image and with selling the concept that god provides. In fact, you still put yourself in debt and that is contradictory to scripture that suggests you sell up everything and give to the poor and not become enslaved to lenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Tell us Neal1. How did Isaac Newton know that the Jewish people would be returning to Israel and Jerusalem before the year 2060? Can you refute his belief?
Really, NOT going through this again, you bring it up thread after thread after thread, then it is debunked and refuted over and over, yet you continue. FIND NEW MATERIAL. BTW it is not NEal1 it is Nea1.

BTW I have lots of Jewish friends with no interest in going there. Not hard to guess about people moving in and out.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Nice try at the lame insults, although I expect it, seems to be a trend with many believers. No you see things and attribute it to some higher power. There is no real evidence, if there were no one could refute it.
You haven't refuted anything. You just keep saying it's all in my mind. That's not a valid answer.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You haven't refuted anything. You just keep saying it's all in my mind. That's not a valid answer.
Yes it is, there is no Real verifiable evidence.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You mentioned my name but I cannot seem to connect the dots so I will comment on your post
Unless you play the alternative scenes out in your mind, or subconscious, you only have the benefit of rash decisions. Waiting induced by prayer waiting for an answer, the answer comes from within much like decisions as to what to wear to an interview, you use common sense. More complex decisions like buying a car or house requires deeper deliberation, I have made bad impulse decisions on cars more than once. Had I waited a day or two, the bling factor would have diminished and the rational would have returned saving me wads of wasted money.

IMO we create our own destiny and take advice from peers and even peer pressure. The wisdom to think things through comes with age and usually learning the hard way.

Asserting an invisible external influence is merely a placebo for your own thought processes. The voice you may hear in your head is your own.

Many times I saw folk buying real expensive cars, boasting how god blessed them then awhile later they lose the job, business goes sour and they lose the car. What did they do wrong in the meantime? Nothing!

They were impulsive much like I was. Of course, seen as being blessed materially helps with the self image and with selling the concept that god provides. In fact, you still put yourself in debt and that is contradictory to scripture that suggests you sell up everything and give to the poor and not become enslaved to lenders.
[quote=SeekerSA;18627251]You mentioned my name but I cannot seem to connect the dots so I will comment on your post..

Blue ...then it doesn't matter. Truly.. no concern.
.................................................. ........

.................................................. ......
Blue...in principal... determinism is not out of the picture ....as, survival installs limitation in all possible paths. Without obstruction to free will.
save..self destruction which can be interpreted as a surviving matter in self and social dignity .
In so far as example offered......Kirk Douglas to helpless women beneath wagon in the event of conquer.....save the last bullet for yourself baby....while under seige by ...hoodlems.
Blue: I'm not one of the privileged seer's. That is what suggesting direct voice's... amount to.

(not talking about dynamics in emotional mode for thought or influential "tone of heart" in result of a good interior life and prayer)............History is littered with such events. Caused in self need in address of...buried guilt. Suggesting to self that they are accepted , negating rejection ...either improperly imposed in life or a peculiarity of charactor...but none the less.....guilt.
.................................................. ......
.................................................. ...
Blue says....We went over this before....they did lots wrong. Fancy frills have nothing to do with blessings. This approach in above management of
sincere Spiritual participation is a stall tactic. The believer with the fancy stuff ...use's the distraction to...lay off attention to what he knows is the true idea in Spiritual life. More importantly though... a dist ration from ones ....mortality. A huge temptation. mostly a learning process...were not perfect.
.................................................. ................
They were impulsive much like I was. Of course, seen as being blessed materially helps with the self image and with selling the concept that god provides. In fact, you still put yourself in debt and that is contradictory to scripture that suggests you sell up everything and give to the poor and not become enslaved to lender
.................................................. ..............
Blue : Enjoy your posts. To be honest..I don't think were expected to be perfect ...its almost impossible to not think to oneself...thank God or the like for a fancy ....something. Alot of discussion suggests placebo or...
people are imagining prayer or whatever to be used as a crutch.
You need the false pillow to rest your tiresome head says the argument.
If we need food it is here, if we need water it is here...if we need others ..they are here..
So...why wouldn't this pillow be here as well if, unanimously it is well known through consideration that we need it ...Just tossing out some possible thinking

Last edited by Blue Hue; 04-07-2011 at 01:19 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 01:20 PM

Blue, not going to try an sort that mess out

I would say, in retrospect to my current status as an atheist, my "spirituality" which I would define as my introspection and deep thinking at times is better now than it was then. There is no noise to filter out.

Then again, I am not trying to connect to an invisible entity that was not there in the first place.

I'll relate a story from when I was a theist and my business was going down the tubes. They had all prayed for me and I had done likewise. We had been to all the money lenders and suddenly I felt "led" to approach one more and felt a self induced anointing that calmed me down as we drove to another town where this rare bank was situated.

This all eventually led to me taking out an extra mortgage on my house which just delayed the inevitable. I eventually managed to sell that house at a profit and the money I raised from the mortgage I plowed into the 2nd house I bought cash in home improvements.

If you have been following my posts, you will know I plowed a lot of money into the church as well. I was trying to make the ten-fold blessing come true as god was absent in his promises.

The bottom line is, what I know today, had I invested wisely in secular stuff, I could have bought 10 houses at the time my business was good and renting out could have settled the meager bonds within ten years. I would now be earning $50k+ pm on rental w/o having so much as to bat an eyelid. That is a real ten-fold blessing.

It all boils down to poor decisions I made. No god was involved good or bad.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes it is, there is no Real verifiable evidence.
I've much evidence.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I've much evidence.
Name one verifiable evidence.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Blue, not going to try an sort that mess out

I would say, in retrospect to my current status as an atheist, my "spirituality" which I would define as my introspection and deep thinking at times is better now than it was then. There is no noise to filter out.

Then again, I am not trying to connect to an invisible entity that was not there in the first place.

I'll relate a story from when I was a theist and my business was going down the tubes. They had all prayed for me and I had done likewise. We had been to all the money lenders and suddenly I felt "led" to approach one more and felt a self induced anointing that calmed me down as we drove to another town where this rare bank was situated.

This all eventually led to me taking out an extra mortgage on my house which just delayed the inevitable. I eventually managed to sell that house at a profit and the money I raised from the mortgage I plowed into the 2nd house I bought cash in home improvements.

If you have been following my posts, you will know I plowed a lot of money into the church as well. I was trying to make the ten-fold blessing come true as god was absent in his promises.

The bottom line is, what I know today, had I invested wisely in secular stuff, I could have bought 10 houses at the time my business was good and renting out could have settled the meager bonds within ten years. I would now be earning $50k+ pm on rental w/o having so much as to bat an eyelid. That is a real ten-fold blessing.

It all boils down to poor decisions I made. No god was involved good or bad.
Easy to follow your thinking as I, as well lost what I considered pretty darn well earned and in a theme of good will. ( not family related)

Agreed it boils down to poor decisions. I think your sensibility in overview is positive and can relate....believe me. And the home means the world to many. Now ive got a smaller place and the wealthy family does not visit.
Don't really care or blame them in accusatory ways....don't really care.

Also try to focus on how ridiculous it would be as u remark to center the
dis-appointments in a .. God involved intentional interference.

(anyway... youv'e installed this railroad before) ref in exposure to lavish lifestyle does not impress me ...Ive been around it all my life.
money is money........ period

Politely...please do not refer to any of my posts what so ever as a mess without appropriate un-emotional data. No biggy....I gotta go to work now

Last edited by Blue Hue; 04-07-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 PM

The mess was the way you quoted not using the quote feature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality