Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM

617 posts, read 698,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In the end, at the time of your death your beliefs will do you no good at all...We will all share the same fate regardless of what we believe, or don't believe...
NO, We will NOT all share the same fate you will discover it yourself

Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM

430 posts, read 584,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
tell us about your logical believe in thing that started the existance
and make you feel comfortable and worry 0% about Hell and have 0 risk for any thing after death.
Ah, so that's the real basis for your beliefs! As I have concluded: theists can't face any uncertainty, especially regarding your afterlife. You insist on having all the answers, even if they are obviously fantasy and impossible, just to feel safe about your fate.

I also prefer to not clutter my mind with simplistic mental salves while I'm alive.

Atheists, and scientists in particular, are quite satisfied with not knowing all the answers this afternoon, unlike those within faith-based beliefs. Science would not be needed if we had all the answers, since that is it's sole purpose: to find the truth through a well-developed question-and-answer approach. The devoutly religious despise this proven process, and therefore deny it's outcome whenever it is in conflict with their engrained ancient mythological beliefs. Faith-based beliefs have inertia, obviously.

Science's reliability and reproducibility, often by independent researchers, and often working on the other side of the planet, sometimes without the knowledge of the other worker's efforts, have similar or supporting results. Hard to deny, and yet, religion does. This is the obvious basis for our growing confidence. As well, with each new discovery, the numbers of believable religious explanations is likewise reduced.

Score card time:

Science: 10,000,000+ facts, proven time and again, and growing ever hour; versus...

Religion: well, frankly, not so many any more!

You do realize, do you not, that we have far more correct answers today than we had even 10 years (or even one year) ago. Many more facts are on the way, including the origins of life, and the origins of the Earth within the universe. Are you willing to absolutely deny their possibilities?

Rather, it seems you're willing to forgo any critical thinking, blotting out any possible problems with the impossible claims of religion. All so you can be comfortable when you feel life slipping away whether you be a Christian or a Muslim. Organized religion figured out this cash cow a long time ago, and yet it still works like a charm!

Here's the problem though: you're also smart enough to realize, deep down, that you really don't know for absolute sure about all of what you claim to believe, especially with the growing evidence that all the old fear-based fables about Allah and Jesus and God in Heaven are demonstrably false.

So then, in the very final analysis, where will your false hopes have led you? At least we atheists have our eyes open!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM

439 posts, read 557,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
Ah, so that's the real basis for your beliefs! As I have concluded: !

my believes are based on knowledge and logic and natural human thinking.

Quote:
So then, in the very final analysis, where will your false hopes have led you?!
it is not false and it will lead me to paradise and rescue me from Hell

Quote:
? At least we atheists have our eyes open!
you need to unlock you heart.
Will they then not meditate on the Qur'an, or are there locks on the hearts? The Noble Quran.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:54 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,207,950 times
Quote:
my believes are based on knowledge and logic and natural human thinking.

it is not false and it will lead me to paradise and rescue me from Hell

you need to unlock you heart.
Will they then not meditate on the Qur'an, or are there locks on the hearts? The Noble Quran.
If we need to unlock our hearts, you need to unlock your mind. There is more to the world than following a book that tells you how to live. People need to figure that out on their own.

Also, prove it isn't false. Just because it comes from the Quran doesn't make it true. Logical, natural human thinking provides the curiosity to wonder if there is something greater than ourselves, but logical, natural human beings don't believe something without proof, either.

That's why it's called "Faith" and "Belief".

Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,292,446 times
As this thread is veering off topic, here is the OP once again just for reference:

Are you so confident in your beliefs ? What if you were completely wrong?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,878,952 times
Quote:
that is good because half the knowledge is to say i do not know.

that means all the options for the thing that started the life on this planet are accepted including God.
We have to look at the probabilities. The probability of gods IMO is so small that I do not consider it.

Quote:
and all the options have equal chance.
So you are open to the possibility that life on this planet arrived on the back of 12 legged flying elephants are you?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 AM

147 posts, read 154,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

I hope the response are seriously pleas
Frankly, I'm really impressed with this subject i feel that the Atheists [really Strangers].

Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM

7,079 posts, read 12,366,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

I hope the response are seriously pleas
Well that's just it. We don't "believe" in any thing that can't be touched, measured, seen, or photographed. If a God actually did show up, I'd ask him/her why did YOU make me atheist? Obviously YOU had big plans for us non-believers.

All jokes aside, I am fairly confident that no God of any religion will be showing up. Most religions are well over 2,000 years old. Its safe to say that these religions thrive on antiquity. If one studies religion carefully, a clear pattern emerges. "God" only exists in the past and in the future, never the present; making religion the most brilliant con game known to man. I mean let's face it. Millions of people around the globe throw money at a house of worship every week. In return, they literally get a song and dance while at the "house of God". Why does an invisible skyman need money? Why would a creator of "everything" need us (his creation) to do anything for him? If I created something just on pure thought, I would not need that figment of my imagination to do anything for me what-so-ever. The lunacy that is required to be theistic just boggles my mind sometimes. I'll admit, I used to drink that "Christian Kool Aid" at one point. Then I turned 12 (and just like Santa, the Easter Bunny, goblins, gremlins, and leprechauns) the God man ceased to exist.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 06-15-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,564,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Well that's just it. We don't "believe" in any thing that can't be touched, measured, seen, or photographed. If a God actually did show up, I'd ask him/her why did YOU make me atheist? Obviously YOU had big plans for us non-believers.

All jokes aside, I am fairly confident that no God of any religion will be showing up. Most religions are well over 2,000 years old. Its safe to say that these religions thrive on antiquity. If one studies religion carefully, a clear pattern emerges. "God" only exists in the past and in the future, never the present; making religion the most brilliant con game known to man. I mean let's face it. Millions of people around the globe throw money at a house of worship every week. In return, they literally get a song and dance while at the "house of God". Why does an invisible skyman need money? Why would a creator of "everything" need us (his creation) to do anything for him? If I created something just on pure thought, I would not need that figment of my imagination to do anything for me what-so-ever. The lunacy that is required to be theistic just boggles my mind sometimes. I'll admit, I used to drink that "Christian Kool Aid" at one point. Then I turned 12 (and just like Santa, the Easter Bunny, goblins, gremlins, and leprechauns) the God man ceased to exist.
AND... I repeat it one more time. Why in the world would a loving, caring god drop by during the stone age and leave the only keys to the kingdom and the eternal fate of all of us in the hands of ignorant, primitive mankind, who believed the earth was flat and the universe rotated around it...who was already trying to cope with a developing imagination then never show up and make his presence(existence) known to any future generation of the human race? I have a lot of trouble buying the heaven and hell concept of dealing with faults of mankind. If the old geezer really knew we were going to be so weak why did he allow it?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,214,729 times
Please. Be respectful. It should be 'Old Geezer'.

I agree with you, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality