Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 AM

1,333 posts, read 883,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
seems to make sense to me -what's the post? The OP?

I sometimes thing - just by the way - that I I'd created man I'd have created them with jug handles.
It's on the first page. You can click the little arrow in the quote and it'll take you to the full post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 04:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
It's on the first page. You can click the little arrow in the quote and it'll take you to the full post.
Thank you. Well it does make a kind of sense, suggesting that we should have lived according to our limited natural means. But we were up against it. There's some sense that we ought to be a bit more responsible about the planet that we have effectively overrun, but I have no desire to return to the trees.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:55 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Id create MAN and WOMEN to only be with the opposite sex and to always remember the man is above the woman in all things.

#WishfulThinking

Old 04-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Id create MAN and WOMEN to only be with the opposite sex and to always remember the man is above the woman in all things.

#WishfulThinking
I had a look at your details and I'd therefore say, that would indeed make things simpler. Right and Wrong is of course what is right or wrong for us - either as we theoretically could be, or as we actually are..

Old 04-15-2017, 05:25 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I'm an anti social introvert. I wouldn't have created anyone, and would have been quite content being by myself.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'm an anti social introvert. I wouldn't have created anyone, and would have been quite content being by myself.
I'm quite a loner myself, and marriage being ok, being on my own..it's not bad.

But even I need to interact sometimes.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:16 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Would you create MAN differently? Why?

Or would you create MAN in the same manner? Why?
I'd probably make humans able to change gender at will. Not complete shapechanging, same basic face (more masculine/feminine though) but able to just have an alt-form or something.

Pretty much a world without sexism, and a world where people didn't care about homosexuality, bisexuality, etc because people could become the opposite freely.

Also, the ability for humans to use magic of some sort.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:21 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
I'm quite a loner myself, and marriage being ok, being on my own..it's not bad.

But even I need to interact sometimes.
I've been married almost 36 years, 2 kids.

My family knows who I am. They know I have no "need" for interaction. Sort of weird, but then again not.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
I'd make them in such a way that every one of them would have to be worthy of their dog, a better protected neck and back and that no 9ne would be allergic to animals. If everyone was worthy of their dog the world would be a better place with more love, kindness and treats. ��

Old 04-15-2017, 06:18 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The religion and spirituality forum is for Atheists? I mean, I would welcome Atheists in all forums, but was there some kind of club I wasn't aware of where I am trespassing?
Quote:
That's not everyone's view - Atheists were made very unwelcome in Christianity. Indeed, there was a move to ban us, using the 'No prosetilyzing' rule in A/A (which does not discourage theist posters, but mere preaching).

And of course your strawman needs hardly be pointed up; nobody is saying R/S should belong only to atheists. But after a major decamp by some of our best and brightest, I'd noted that the Faithful were having it all their own way. I wanted to se some of their assertions and claims challenged. As they should be, since they are without valid foundation.
I seldom, if ever, go to the subforums. If they had one for Pantheism/ Panentheism I probably would, but they don't.

The Religion and Spirituality forum (formerly Religion and Philosophy) is pretty much a board devoted to bashing Religion and cheering any downturn & disinterest in it, or subversion of it. Single members put up hundreds of threads, almost exclusively bashing Religion in general, Religious Officials, the writings, the adherents, the doctrine, etc...any and every aspect of it that could be imagined.
Many posts say Religion is, "The worst threat to mankind", "It should be deemed a mental illness", and "People teaching Religion to their kids should be cited and jailed for child abuse", and on and on.
You could not find another board for anything anywhere, that the majority of the content is people criticizing the subject of that board and those that are interested in it! Basically stating the world would be better off without the subject of the board existing!
You wouldn't get as much of that for a board on "Military Weaponry & Waging War", as you do for this "Religion and Spirituality board!!

As far as the, "If I was God..." question. I am God...and so is everybody and everything else.
If I, individually, had a determinant influence on how humans were created...I would make it so that I was the onl....Nah, nevermind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality