Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When a person continues in sin and disbelief, the Bible tells us that God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that a person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for then to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
yeah but see.. the bible doesn't mention "homosexuality".

Genesis 19:1-13 - yeah I don't see any mention here..

Leviticus 18:22 - also talks about not playing with the skin of a pig. Football players be damned. I tend to believe this was written for priests.

Romans 1:26-27 - Speaks more to pleasure than anything else

Corinthians 6:9 - sounds like there is still confusion on malokois and arsenokoitai.. I'm not an ancient greek so I can't tell one way or another.

So it seems like there isn't one place that says "you gay.. you go to hell". I haven't seen it anywhere. As such.. I'll let god make the judgement.. after all isn't that what he is there for?

Old 09-18-2007, 04:17 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Quote:
Yes but aparently you still have the homosexual desire so yes that puts you under conviction unless you turn completly from it
Do you have no sinful desires? Having temptations to sin is different than actually sinning.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:26 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Quote:
Yes but aparently you still have the homosexual desire so yes that puts you under conviction unless you turn completly from it
What "desire" are you referring to?

And unless you feel you personally have the ability to judge someone, you might want to back off now. Because if you want to go head-to-head with me on this subject, I guarantee you will lose.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Listen, if people want to dish out the comments to me, then make sure you can take them in return. Otherwise, don't bother. This isn't a game to me.

If you can't take the time to READ what I've posted, or respond to a question I've asked you in return, then I'm sick of wasting my time by posting in this place.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
"does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that a person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires"

Malachi you seem to contradict yourself. But don't worry the Bible has a lot of contradictions.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 PM

Mods, will you please close this thread now. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality