Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I appreciate that!

Old 09-09-2007, 01:26 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I want to interject something as it relates to that verse....

If a gay Christian honestly believes that the verses in the Bible referencing homosexual sex acts, commonly known as the "clobber passages", don't truly refer to what we know today as loving homosexual relationships - but rather believes that they reference only certain acts performed in the context of idolatry, prostitution or pedophilia - then are they acting in accordance with faith? I mean, if they truly don't accept the commonly held interpretation of those verses, are they sinning? After all, for them, it's coming from faith. They have no doubts about it.

Are they deluded? And if so, is it only on that particular subject? I mean, what if they completely accept all other orthodox doctrine and everything else that mainline evangelical churches teach?
The first rule of Bible interpretation is to look at a verse in context--within its chapter, then its book, then its testament, then the whole canon of Scripture. In context, the verse I mentioned is talking about meat sacrificed to idols. It's clear within the context of the chapter that some view partaking of said meat as a sin while others believe they have freedom in Christ to consume the meat. Both views are correct. However it's clear from both this chapter and other passages that the correctness of this particular action is also determined by circumstances. In short, eating meat sacrificed to idols is a gray area. Acting in faith, in this passage, refers to gray areas where there is more than one correct opinion.

Regarding homosexual acts, the Bible is pretty clear. There is no gray area. Both testaments clearly state the homosexual act is wrong, period. There is no mention of the act being wrong only in the context of idolatry, prostitution, pedophilia, etc. In Leviticus, it simply states the Israelites aren't to take the customs of the neighboring nations; it doesn't state why or how the nations are committing these acts. In Romans, the issue is willful disobedience or willful ignorance. Romans 1 clearly states that the people knew the truth, they were unwilling to follow it. This chapter also states that the truth has been suppressed by wickedness. So, in answer to your question, I must say that I believe the people you're asking about are most likely willfully ignorant. In this day and age, the homosexual debate has been given much attention by both sides. You're not going to convince me people don't know the Christian argument. For those that put it in context of idolatry, etc., or put it in context of biology/human development, I'd have to say this is a case of people listening to the teachings of man rather than the teaching of God. Whether it's willful disobedience, willful ignorance, or delusion, homosexual acts are clearly forbidden by the Biblical texts. I don't think their delusion is covered by the verse in Romans 14 that talks about acting in faith; that verse specifically is talking about gray areas.

Perhaps I was wrong to reference that verse to you. However, since you do have doubts as to the right action, I think it applies to your situation. If you should suddenly take the position of faith that performing homosexual acts is legitimate, this verse wouldn't be applicable because it's obviously talking about gray areas. Homosexual acts are not a gray area; the Bible speaks clearly about this issue.

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but you're missing my point. There is a big difference between what you said, and a homosexual being allowed to have that option. See what I mean?

For all the varying circumstances that maybe prevent a heterosexual from marrying, they at least HAVE that option. It is freely available to them, and surely SOMEWHERE in the world if they were to ever find the right person that was compatible with them, they would FREELY be permitted to marry that person and enjoy the love and connection with that person. It would be GOOD in God's eyes. ACCEPTABLE in God's eyes. There would be no need for that heterosexual couple to feel any sort of condemnation or fear that what they were involved in - no matter how loving and intimate - was any sort of abomination to God.

Homosexuals don't have that option. Regardless of whether we found someone to be in love with or not.....even if it DIDN'T involve sex.....we would still be told it was an abomination. In essence, we are made to feel that our very EMOTIONS and ATTRACTIONS are vile, even if they are of the same nature and quality as those of heterosexual couples.

See what I'm saying now?

Even if a man and woman wanted to engage in countless years of fornication together outside of marriage, they STILL could get married. They'd repent of their sexual sin, receive forgiveness, and then be able to continue on in their marriage, having all the sex they wanted. However, if a man met another man and they both fell deeply in love with one another, and respected one another, and refrained from having sex with one another until such a time as they entered some sort of civil union (or marriage, in Massachusetts), and then made tender love to one another - THAT would be considered vulgar and an abomination.

So PLEASE don't compare this to a straight person who simply can't find another person in life to get married to. They at least have the option available to them, even if it means waiting many years for that right person to come along.

----------

Believe me, I've thought about all this stuff. I really have. It doesn't honestly bring me any comfort - not when you beg and beg to be released from something and it doesn't happen.

No offense - truly - but it's really easy to say all that when you don't have to experience it for the rest of your life. You don't have to deal with the thoughts of NEVER having the human touch of another person in your life that you are in love with. I mean, I appreciate what you're saying....I recognize your good heart in telling me all that. But it doesn't make me feel any better. And that's not your fault. It just is how it is.

----------

I don't know what else to say. Sometimes if it weren't for my family, I'd just as soon get it all over with, and go on to be with God so I didn't have to deal with it anymore. Because to ME, it doesn't make sense. I don't know what glory will be revealed in me. I just don't understand what this would all be about. I can't imagine the reason for it.

I was going to type more, but I don't know what else to say.
Rob, I hear your pain and frustration. I do understand that my example of unmarriageable heterosexuals is not the same as what you're facing. The purpose of the example was for you to take the focus off yourself. Homosexuals aren't the only people suffering. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals face loneliness. Not all heterosexuals are even free to marry. Culture, age, religion, nationality all play into this freedom or lack of it. Also, to some extent, you're mixing civic freedom and freedom in Christ. It seems like it's the freedom in Christ that bothers you the most. The only answer I can give you is to read the Bible, pray, and sincerely seek God. He may not give you the answers you seek; He didn't answer Job. His answer basically boiled down to, "my grace is sufficient for you." That might be the answer He has for you, too.

Other possible answers:

1. There has no temptation taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted more than you are able to bear. With the temptation, He will provide a way of escape so that you can bear it. (If you've been celibate for 15 years, you've obviously found ways to escape the temptation. God has been faithful.)

2. Be content in all things. (The apostles were beaten an imprisoned, yet they still found strength to sing praises to God. They were a witness to others around them even though circumstances were against them.)

3. In everything give thanks. (I like to couple this with "Count Your Blessings.)

What I was trying to do in my previous post was to get you to look at things in a different light. I often tell my daughter (and others at appropriate moments) that she needs an attitude adjustment. "As we think in our heart, so are we." If we dwell on the negative aspects of our circumstances, our attitude is certainly going to sour. However, if we can start dwelling on positives (no matter how small), our attitude will surely start to improve. If we can't find any positives, we can still be obedient in giving praise to God and singing spiritual songs and psalms.

F-a-n-n-y Crosby was a blind songwriter. She came to a point in her life where she praised God for her blindness because it drew her closer to God. When Christians face hardships (of any kind), they are being refined by fire. The wood, hay, and stubble are being destroyed, and the gold and silver are being perfected. We gradually become shining vessels that can reflect the glory of God.

The challenge for all people, Rob--including you, is to focus on the heavenly and not on the earthly. I know you think that's easy for me to say, but I have my own crosses to bear. The blind person feels it is easy for the sighted to say, "get over it." The quadriplegic can bring the same charge against the able bodied. The poor ... to the rich. The unlovely ... against the beautiful. The unhealthy ... to the well. Everyone has circumstances he can't control; many will choose to bring charges against God. However, God loves us regardless of our circumstances. He's calling to each of us. Jesus died for all of us. And, Christians are called to walk according to His word. The only guarantee we're given in this life is that God will never leave us nor forsake us; but we are guaranteed a reward of eternal life and are urged to press on for the prize that awaits us.

One last piece of advice... When I need an attitude adjustment, I go to the book of James. I think the first chapter, especially, can be beneficial for you.

I, too, don't know what else to say. It's essential for your well being that you focus on the positives in your life. Focusing on negatives will affect your physical, mental, and spiritual health. I urge you, Rob, to renew your mind. Your life should be victorious regardless of your circumstances. It should be joyful, too. Focusing on what you can't have is fruitless. Instead, focus on all the good things you have in your life. I know you have them. You can start with: God loves you, and my brothers and sisters and friends on C-D love me, too. (Believe it!)

Old 09-09-2007, 07:13 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Good Morning, Rob,

I was reading through your thread this morning and something you said kept ringing in my ear. So I am going to try to express it as best as I can.

You continue to fall back on how a heterosexual has the right/ability/whatever to satisfy their need for intimate love. I am with you in the fact that I believe that is what every person seeks. To be loved and to love. And certainly one of the greatest acts of this intimate relationship is the act of intercourse. You feel that as a homosexual Christian that you are unable to fulfill this God given need and that it is unfair. I agree with you entirely. I cannot imagine a life without my husband. Without the physical bond that we share. But as I read your post, I started to think of other instances where these types of burdens also fall on many others. The biggest one that I can relate to is the woman who so desparately wants to bear children, but cannot. Honestly, I cannot imagine the despair that a woman must feel in this situation. There are so many other examples, a person born without sight, without hearing, the inability to walk. These are all burdens that these people have to bear. They are all unimaginable to me. But for whatever reason, this is the cross that they must bare. And I have to believe that God will use these things for good. For His glory. And one day, when they meet God face to face, all of these burdens will be lifted. They will see God in all of his glory. They will taste the fruits of heaven and they will feel a love that is unimaginable. If God could hold you in his arms and say to you, "Rob, my son, I know that this burden seems unbareable, but I am here with you. Trust in me and I will carry you through these times. I can show you a love that no man can know on this Earth. One day, I will bring you home. One day, your heart will be filled with a love beyond all understanding. I love you and you are my own."

Rob, I don't know if my thoughts help. I believe that you are as good of a person/Christian that I have met on this forum. I will restate that I believe that God looks to a person's heart today and on the day of judgement. I don't believe that it is as cut and dry as others imply.

May God bless you with peace on this day.

Weather...

Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 AM

I'd a thousand times rather be blind than deal with this.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:48 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Rob,something just crossed my small foolish mind..Paul never said what his thorn in the side was did he? Whatever it was, he didn't let it come between himself and his life that he chose to preach the gospel. Maybe we all have thorns in our sides and let them interfere with our lives and our relationship with God..Just something to think about and maybe study about..
blue, this was good. I see people struggle with alcohol,prescription drugs and because these are accepted by society they tend to not separate the sin it causes in ones lives. I think we all struggle with making God happy.

WCRob, you said if God said it was okay to be gay then you would be happy. Your not alone many of us struggle with man made laws and God's laws. I'm sure the responsible marijuana smoker feels the same way since this was a law put in affect by men. The only thing is it seems so defiant in the Bible stating not to be homosexual. I have heard that this was a way to keep purity. God's plans were for us to populate the world and if your the same sex you can't do this. I believe sex was meant for pleasure with two people in mind pleasing each other and in the same time producing fruit for God to spread His word and populate the world.
I have had some good guy friends that were gay. One guy that I was very close to in school back in 1974 at that time he would have been hung if everyone really knew he was gay. This was just not talked about in my small mountain town. When we graduated he became a hairdresser (that became a joke about guy hairdressers) in Southern California. Sorry to say he didn't make it to 35, he died from Aids and this guy was a girls best friend. Doesn't it make homosexuals think that God is mad with Aids hitting more of the gay community then others? Hope that isn't offensive. But to me it seems quit clear.

Have you tried to talk to Hoosier, he would be one that could help you with your struggles.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
I'd a thousand times rather be blind than deal with this.
Rob,
I thought of you at mass this morning. Please know that I am sorry for your pain. I know that someone suggested to you that you speak with a priest and you were not comfortable with that. As a new Catholic, I would encourage you to give it a try. They are wonderful people. It is there calling to counsel the flock. It is possible that they may help you to find peace with your choices.

God bless you, Rob.

Weather...

Old 09-09-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
blue, this was good. I see people struggle with alcohol,prescription drugs and because these are accepted by society they tend to not separate the sin it causes in ones lives. I think we all struggle with making God happy.

WCRob, you said if God said it was okay to be gay then you would be happy. Your not alone many of us struggle with man made laws and God's laws. I'm sure the responsible marijuana smoker feels the same way since this was a law put in affect by men. The only thing is it seems so defiant in the Bible stating not to be homosexual. I have heard that this was a way to keep purity. God's plans were for us to populate the world and if your the same sex you can't do this. I believe sex was meant for pleasure with two people in mind pleasing each other and in the same time producing fruit for God to spread His word and populate the world.
I have had some good guy friends that were gay. One guy that I was very close to in school back in 1974 at that time he would have been hung if everyone really knew he was gay. This was just not talked about in my small mountain town. When we graduated he became a hairdresser (that became a joke about guy hairdressers) in Southern California. Sorry to say he didn't make it to 35, he died from Aids and this guy was a girls best friend. Doesn't it make homosexuals think that God is mad with Aids hitting more of the gay community then others? Hope that isn't offensive. But to me it seems quit clear.

Have you tried to talk to Hoosier, he would be one that could help you with your struggles.
I wish people would stop bringing up Hoosier in all this.

Why does everyone think he is the quintessential answer to this?

I'll respond to the rest of your post later.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
The first rule of Bible interpretation is to look at a verse in context--within its chapter, then its book, then its testament, then the whole canon of Scripture. In context, the verse I mentioned is talking about meat sacrificed to idols. It's clear within the context of the chapter that some view partaking of said meat as a sin while others believe they have freedom in Christ to consume the meat. Both views are correct. However it's clear from both this chapter and other passages that the correctness of this particular action is also determined by circumstances. In short, eating meat sacrificed to idols is a gray area. Acting in faith, in this passage, refers to gray areas where there is more than one correct opinion.

Regarding homosexual acts, the Bible is pretty clear. There is no gray area. Both testaments clearly state the homosexual act is wrong, period.
What can I say - there are studies that would indicate otherwise. It's all a matter of who you talk to - theologians, authors, historians, clergy, etc.... There are different opinions about all this. Different interpretations. How do you know which is right?

Yes, they all base their views on what the Bible says. So I'm not so sure there isn't a gray area in this. I guess those "rules" of interpretation aren't universally accepted by all.

Quote:
There is no mention of the act being wrong only in the context of idolatry, prostitution, pedophilia, etc.
You would need to talk to those theologians about this - specifically what the word arsenokoitai means. But if you're going to use the reasoning that something isn't specifically mentioned as a qualifier for something in the Bible, then I have to admit that Paul didn't use a qualifier when he said women were to remain silent in church, and that they weren't permitted to teach a man, nor usurp authority over him. Many people will say "Well, what Paul meant was...." - or "Paul was referring to a specific group of women...." - but nothing in the Bible says what Paul "meant" or that there was only a specific group of women he was referring to.

Quote:
In Leviticus, it simply states the Israelites aren't to take the customs of the neighboring nations; it doesn't state why or how the nations are committing these acts. In Romans, the issue is willful disobedience or willful ignorance. Romans 1 clearly states that the people knew the truth, they were unwilling to follow it. This chapter also states that the truth has been suppressed by wickedness. So, in answer to your question, I must say that I believe the people you're asking about are most likely willfully ignorant. In this day and age, the homosexual debate has been given much attention by both sides. You're not going to convince me people don't know the Christian argument. For those that put it in context of idolatry, etc., or put it in context of biology/human development, I'd have to say this is a case of people listening to the teachings of man rather than the teaching of God.
Again, you really should consider a debate with some theologians about this. I will have to find some links to information regarding what I'm talking about. It's not as easy for me to simply accept what you're saying as you may think it should be.

Whether it's willful disobedience, willful ignorance, or delusion, homosexual acts are clearly forbidden by the Biblical texts. I don't think their delusion is covered by the verse in Romans 14 that talks about acting in faith; that verse specifically is talking about gray areas.

Quote:
Perhaps I was wrong to reference that verse to you. However, since you do have doubts as to the right action, I think it applies to your situation.
Hold on a second.....I'm not so sure I ever meant to imply that I had "doubts" about this matter. I'm simply stating there are two opposing ways to view it, and I'm trying to figure it all out.

I'm also trying to get people to understand what it's like as a gay man to be told he has to repress who he is in order to please God.

Quote:
Rob, I hear your pain and frustration.
Perhaps. But you can't possibly know the full affect of this.

Let me illustrate this better, if I can:

Would you be able to, or WILLING to, give up your spouse in order to accept only the love of God in your life?

Would you be able to give up ALL feelings you have and accept that those feelings were abominable?

Would you be able to give up your spouse because you were told that all the feelings you have for him/her was an abomination?

Would you be able to sacrifice having the love of your spouse because you were told that the intimate connection, including any physical touch from them, was perverted and a delusion? WOULD YOU?

Before you say anything else, I want to hear your answer to those questions, and THEN maybe you'll realize how it sounds on my end to hear what you're saying to me!

Quote:
I do understand that my example of unmarriageable heterosexuals is not the same as what you're facing. The purpose of the example was for you to take the focus off yourself.
It's easy for you to say that. You don't have to live this everyday. It's easy to get up, kiss your spouse, and carry on your merry way. There are people who, on a daily basis, suffer great pain. For someone who doesn't experience that pain, it's easy to say "don't focus on it". But when you're EXPERIENCING something, you can't help but focus on it.

Quote:
Homosexuals aren't the only people suffering. Both homosexuals and heterosexuals face loneliness. Not all heterosexuals are even free to marry. Culture, age, religion, nationality all play into this freedom or lack of it. Also, to some extent, you're mixing civic freedom and freedom in Christ. It seems like it's the freedom in Christ that bothers you the most. The only answer I can give you is to read the Bible, pray, and sincerely seek God. He may not give you the answers you seek; He didn't answer Job. His answer basically boiled down to, "my grace is sufficient for you." That might be the answer He has for you, too.

Other possible answers:

1. There has no temptation taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted more than you are able to bear. With the temptation, He will provide a way of escape so that you can bear it. (If you've been celibate for 15 years, you've obviously found ways to escape the temptation. God has been faithful.)

2. Be content in all things. (The apostles were beaten an imprisoned, yet they still found strength to sing praises to God. They were a witness to others around them even though circumstances were against them.)

3. In everything give thanks. (I like to couple this with "Count Your Blessings.)

What I was trying to do in my previous post was to get you to look at things in a different light. I often tell my daughter (and others at appropriate moments) that she needs an attitude adjustment. "As we think in our heart, so are we." If we dwell on the negative aspects of our circumstances, our attitude is certainly going to sour. However, if we can start dwelling on positives (no matter how small), our attitude will surely start to improve. If we can't find any positives, we can still be obedient in giving praise to God and singing spiritual songs and psalms.
Such a simplistic answer.

Quote:
F-a-n-n-y Crosby was a blind songwriter. She came to a point in her life where she praised God for her blindness because it drew her closer to God. When Christians face hardships (of any kind), they are being refined by fire. The wood, hay, and stubble are being destroyed, and the gold and silver are being perfected. We gradually become shining vessels that can reflect the glory of God.

The challenge for all people, Rob--including you, is to focus on the heavenly and not on the earthly.
Can YOU do that? As I said above, can YOU give up ALL feelings you have for your spouse?

Try it. I dare you.

Quote:
I know you think that's easy for me to say,
Yep, you got that right.

Quote:
but I have my own crosses to bear.
Uh huh. Do any of them cut to the very core of your desire to love? Do any of them tell you that a fundamental part of who you are - a part you can't change - is abominable and perverted?

Quote:
The blind person feels it is easy for the sighted to say, "get over it." The quadriplegic can bring the same charge against the able bodied. The poor ... to the rich. The unlovely ... against the beautiful. The unhealthy ... to the well.
None of those affects the ability to have someone love them, and freely be able to accept that love without feeling like they are sick and perverted.

Quote:
Everyone has circumstances he can't control; many will choose to bring charges against God. However, God loves us regardless of our circumstances. He's calling to each of us. Jesus died for all of us. And, Christians are called to walk according to His word. The only guarantee we're given in this life is that God will never leave us nor forsake us;
Unless you choose to pursue a loving relationship with someone of the same gender, right?

I mean, think about it. That's exactly the message I get out of all this stuff in the Bible that tells me I'm an abominable pervert. I'm not allowed to love someone special in my life as a mate, or else God will forsake me - right? Isn't that basically what you guys have us homos feeling like? If God will never leave us nor forsake us, then why does it seem that's what happens if we simply want to love someone of the same gender?

Are you sure you're interpreting the Bible correctly?

Quote:
but we are guaranteed a reward of eternal life and are urged to press on for the prize that awaits us.

One last piece of advice... When I need an attitude adjustment, I go to the book of James. I think the first chapter, especially, can be beneficial for you.

I, too, don't know what else to say. It's essential for your well being that you focus on the positives in your life.
Yeah, because that'll make this all go away. Uh huh. Like I haven't already TRIED that.

Quote:
Focusing on negatives will affect your physical, mental, and spiritual health. I urge you, Rob, to renew your mind.
By doing what - telling myself how sick it is to want to love someone special in my life and not feeling like a pervert?

Quote:
Your life should be victorious regardless of your circumstances. It should be joyful, too.
Yeah, well YOU try going for 15 years without the loving human touch of a mate who is special to you, and then come back in here and tell me that.

Last edited by Pathwalker; 09-09-2007 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Trying to type all the open and close tags gets confusing. Sorry.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
I wish people would stop bringing up Hoosier in all this.

Why does everyone think he is the quintessential answer to this?

I'll respond to the rest of your post later.
You must not have been on here long. He was the first honest gay person to come on here and share some VERY PERSONAL experiences. I'm sure his not the "God of the Gays", but he sure seems to have insight the rest of us unless we are gay can not give you. He is married with children and has mentioned even with all that he still has struggles.
I guess we were just trying to guide you to someone if your really looking for answers or maybe your just looking for others opinions and with this subject and being Christian do you want honesty or sugar coated!!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Good Morning, Rob,

I was reading through your thread this morning and something you said kept ringing in my ear. So I am going to try to express it as best as I can.

You continue to fall back on how a heterosexual has the right/ability/whatever to satisfy their need for intimate love. I am with you in the fact that I believe that is what every person seeks. To be loved and to love. And certainly one of the greatest acts of this intimate relationship is the act of intercourse. You feel that as a homosexual Christian that you are unable to fulfill this God given need and that it is unfair. I agree with you entirely. I cannot imagine a life without my husband. Without the physical bond that we share.
Thank you for understanding that.

Quote:
But as I read your post, I started to think of other instances where these types of burdens also fall on many others. The biggest one that I can relate to is the woman who so desparately wants to bear children, but cannot. Honestly, I cannot imagine the despair that a woman must feel in this situation. There are so many other examples, a person born without sight, without hearing, the inability to walk. These are all burdens that these people have to bear. They are all unimaginable to me.
They may be terrible things to endure, but there is a key difference here.....

The woman who wants a baby, but can't have one, ISN'T considered an abomination because she wants to have a baby! Her desire isn't referred to as warped, perverted and abominable!

The desire to see, which those blind people have, is not considered a perverted desire or abomination.

The desire to hear, which those deaf people have, is not considered a perverted desire or abomination.

The desire to walk, which those crippled people have, is not considered a perverted desire or abomination.

Somehow, my desire to have a loving mate in my life is considered a perversion and abomination.

Quote:
But for whatever reason, this is the cross that they must bare. And I have to believe that God will use these things for good. For His glory. And one day, when they meet God face to face, all of these burdens will be lifted.
Yeah, but as I said, those desires for something aren't wrong. Their desires will ultimately be fulfilled. Mine never will.

Quote:
They will see God in all of his glory. They will taste the fruits of heaven and they will feel a love that is unimaginable. If God could hold you in his arms and say to you, "Rob, my son, I know that this burden seems unbareable, but I am here with you. Trust in me and I will carry you through these times. I can show you a love that no man can know on this Earth. One day, I will bring you home. One day, your heart will be filled with a love beyond all understanding. I love you and you are my own."
Why didn't that apply to Adam? God said it wasn't good for man to be alone. But if His love was all Adam needed, then why the need for a helpmate?

Quote:
Rob, I don't know if my thoughts help. I believe that you are as good of a person/Christian that I have met on this forum.
Why's that? Seriously - what makes you say that about me?

Quote:
I will restate that I believe that God looks to a person's heart today and on the day of judgement. I don't believe that it is as cut and dry as others imply.
So at judgment, why wouldn't He look upon my heart and see that I only wanted the love of someone special in my life? Instead, suddenly my heart becomes very wicked and perverted.

Quote:
May God bless you with peace on this day.

Weather...
Thank you. The same sentiments to you as well.

Quote:
Rob,
I thought of you at mass this morning. Please know that I am sorry for your pain. I know that someone suggested to you that you speak with a priest and you were not comfortable with that. As a new Catholic, I would encourage you to give it a try. They are wonderful people. It is there calling to counsel the flock. It is possible that they may help you to find peace with your choices.

God bless you, Rob.

Weather...
Weather....

I've already said it would be pointless to do that, because a priest isn't going to be able to tell me anything I haven't already heard, nor anything that will comfort me.

It literally is pointless for me to even be going on with this thread. I'm not trying to sound like such a jack-a** to people, but there truly is no comforting me over this. Nothing anyone is saying seems to be helping. I'm sorry that sounds the way it does. I appreciate that everyone cares, but it's how I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality