Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:37 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross. The research I saw presented very reasonable explanations of the actions that were going on as it dealt with the location of the thorns being in different places and how others had lived past 3 days when they were on the cross not to mention the family buying a tomb so far from their home right next to the tomb where Jesus was placed, etc. It was a myth to ramp up believers and it has worked although more people are now questioning the theory which I believe may be the saving grace, not that Jesus "died" on the cross. Would it have been fair for Jesus to die on the cross for others? People die all the time for others in doing what they feel they must do in alignment with the beliefs that they hold. Many of those that believe that people should have freedom of religion and other rights have died in trying to secure such and full well knowing at the time the danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by distraff View Post
You said…“I will ignore responses that do not try to show why their position is true through reason” many times I respond to one’s question, even if they won’t read it, not for them, but because I believe I’m sent here for those who might have that same question, and seeks an answer.

We as humans often base many things on how imperfect humans feel. Understand it’s commonsense to know Jesus was perfect. And he loved us just as much as his Jehovah God did, Is that so hard to believe? God wanted to save us from what Adam cause, (Rom.5:19- For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous). But he needed another perfect human to sacrifice. There were NO… perfect humans, sense we ALL are from Adam.

You can’t even see how God would send his son in our behalf, many can’t so they don’t believe. But we’re so beneath all Heavenly beings especially when it comes to how we see things. And we’re most definitely not at the same level as God ,(Isa. 55:8,9- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts).

And Adam was punished for disobedience, he was kicked out of Eden ,(Gen.3:17-18). But Jehovah being a just God, obviously felt it wouldn’t be fair to punish ALL humans because of him. And since Jesus said he and his Father are one, (John 10:30 ), though many are taught he meant they were the same person. Jesus was willing to die for us, (John 3:16-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life).

Sad, many humans argue, or complain ,saying either, the stories we read are just stories. Or what kind of God would give his son’s life. Obviously a God that knows more love than ANY human. I SO thank Jehovah and Jesus for being them. Because if we were in their shoes, there would be no need for demons. peace

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I really prefer people with a sense of humor. Did Jesus ever say anything funny?
Yes....

"Keep your theavin' hands of my Easter eggs.....I'll be back on Monday!"

Old 03-05-2012, 11:52 AM

42 posts, read 46,783 times
The bible says in the gospel of john 3:16 that: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life.

In 1 john 4:9-10 John 4:9-10
The love of God was manifested toward us, because that God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him.
In this is love, not in that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

In 2 corthians 5:21 He who knew no sin, he did become sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in him.
This shows us God's kind of love. He loved us so much that he sent his only son to died on the cross for you and me to be saved.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Who Killed Lord Jesus Christ Son of the living God ?..What was the Lord judgment for Jesus death on the cross? .. Who is affected most by the Lord Judgment of Jesus death?......The devil and His fallen angels killed Jesus and His manipulation of Sin on deceived men, who became envious of Jesus by the dark spirit.... The Lord judgment for this crime against a innocent Jesus was to give life for everyone who turn from sin and the devil who brings it and receives Jesus spirit into their lives and bodies ....A Judgment of Life ....

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
I think, along with others, that the OP's question cannot be answered with reason, since the supposed original event isn't reasonable to begin with (obviously, many of us are not believers). However, I guess the OP's question could be seen as, "Given the not-fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins..."
It reminds me of the two economists who fell into a deep hole. One asked the other, "How do we get out?" and the other said, "First, we imagine a ladder."

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM

278 posts, read 357,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I think, along with others, that the OP's question cannot be answered with reason, since the supposed original event isn't reasonable to begin with (obviously, many of us are not believers). However, I guess the OP's question could be seen as, "Given the not-fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins..."
It reminds me of the two economists who fell into a deep hole. One asked the other, "How do we get out?" and the other said, "First, we imagine a ladder."
This question does not assume that Jesus didn't die on the cross. All I am asking is for a logical reason why Jesus should die for us. If God exists there is a logical reason because God is logical.

The reason for this is that I am not interested in hearing people preach about the resurrection. I want them to respond to the arguments I made against it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Who Killed Lord Jesus Christ Son of the living God ?..What was the Lord judgment for Jesus death on the cross? .. Who is affected most by the Lord Judgment of Jesus death?......The devil and His fallen angels killed Jesus and His manipulation of Sin on deceived men, who became envious of Jesus by the dark spirit.... The Lord judgment for this crime against a innocent Jesus was to give life for everyone who turn from sin and the devil who brings it and receives Jesus spirit into their lives and bodies ....A Judgment of Life ....
Let me get this right. God did not intend Jesus to die and he died because the Devil got him killed. Because of that God offers eternal life to people who fight the temptations of the devil. If I got any of this wrong, just tell me.

Two question:
1: Since God is all knowing then he knew what was going to happen. Why didn't he warn Jesus, or try to stop it?
2: Why didn't God just give eternal life to good people to begin with? Why does he require a tragedy to happen (Jesus's death) to wake up and do the right thing?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:32 PM

I guess you sort of tried to explain it although you completely ignored all arguments in the OP. So I will test the waters and respond to your post this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
And he loved us just as much as his Jehovah God did, Is that so hard to believe? God wanted to save us from what Adam cause, (Rom.5:19- For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).
1: What did Adam cause?
2: How did Adam's disobedience make us sinner?

Quote:
But he needed another perfect human to sacrifice.
How does having an innocent person killed help us at all.

Quote:
And Adam was punished for disobedience, he was kicked out of Eden ,(Gen.3:17-18). But Jehovah being a just God, obviously felt it wouldn’t be fair to punish ALL humans because of him.
1. If it is so unfair to punish all of us for what Adam did then why doesn't he just not do it?
2. Why go through the trouble to kill an innocent person to do this?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayicha02 View Post
The bible says in the gospel of john 3:16 that: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life.
....so all you have to do now is show that the Bible is true. Good luck with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality