Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 PM

278 posts, read 357,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwrench View Post
God sacrificed Jeusus over to us. We killed Christ thus we paid the wages of sin through his death that we committed.

It was not murder for there was no violation of Jesus's will.
I never called it murder.

I don't see how us killing Jesus somehow saves us from our sins. I would think that would add to our sins, well at least to those of us who took part in the killing of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:15 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by distraff View Post
Then we would have to pay for our crimes. Again, you have not answered the question. How is it just to kill Jesus for our sins? I keep asking and I never receive an answer.

Many will pay for their sins. It's called Hell.

Yes, I did answer your question. It was a choice Jesus (God in flesh) made.

Quote:
In the case of the sheep we can see how the shepherd's actions actually save the sheep while the shepherd loses his life.

In the case of Jesus, we really don't see how Jesus being punished means that we are no longer going to be punished with spiritual death. Killing an innocent person for the crimes of the guilty is unjust.
Because God's holiness has been satisfied, through Christ's sinless life, death (blood sacrifice), and resurrection. Because Christ took our place, we are no longer held accountable (by God). Romans 8

Old 03-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I don't think Christians are good because Jesus was punished for their sins. Rather this is just a form of relief for them that they will not be going to hell. They are good because they believe in morality and don't want to be punished.

Why not just shock people in a different way that actually does not punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty?

Plus this reasoning can only go so far. Would you kill an innocent black person just to shock people to make them realize how unfair our legal system is to black people? That is still wrong. Punishing one person for the crimes of the other is still wrong.
Bolded above.

We are not "good" by human standards, but rather innocent, since the sin debt was paid for us by Christ. Matt. 20:28

Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM

278 posts, read 357,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Bolded above.

We are not "good" by human standards, but rather innocent, since the sin debt was paid for us by Christ. Matt. 20:28
If you kill someone, I don't care how many innocent people are punished for you, you are still guilty of murder.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
If you kill someone, I don't care how many innocent people are punished for you, you are still guilty of murder.
You seem to be ignoring this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwrench View Post

It was not murder for there was no violation of Jesus's will.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If we are going to discuss Jesus' death, should we not at least try to understand what the Bible says about it?
Because the bible proves nothing.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

84 posts, read 112,743 times
Jesus was not sent here to die for our sins. God does not require a blood sacrifice. That is a pagan belief. Jesus came to earth to show people that the kingdom of God was inside of them and he taught people how to be connected to God and how to love others. The problem was that he came during a time where the people had a very savage violent primitive mindset that was also very pagan in its religious beliefs. Thus, Jesus's teachings threatened the power structure of the time. Thus, he was murdered.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
What I find fascinating is that for Jesus to martyr himself - that was considered positive - but if you call someone a martyr today, it is an insult . . .if it was good for Jesus, why wouldn't it be good for the average person?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Because the bible proves nothing.
I guess that means no. It appears you didn't read the question.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solich2 View Post
Jesus was not sent here to die for our sins. God does not require a blood sacrifice. That is a pagan belief. Jesus came to earth to show people that the kingdom of God was inside of them and he taught people how to be connected to God and how to love others. The problem was that he came during a time where the people had a very savage violent primitive mindset that was also very pagan in its religious beliefs. Thus, Jesus's teachings threatened the power structure of the time. Thus, he was murdered.
Is that your opinion, or does this idea have another source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality