Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm looking for details in the historical evidence you speak of. Do you have none, or there is no such documentation that involves dating?
I could probably locate his birth certificate just the same way Obama found his for being born in Hawaii (yea, right).

Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I could probably locate his birth certificate just the same way Obama found his for being born in Hawaii (yea, right).
Deflection.

Well, your distrust in the system makes you the candidate for one. After all, you came up with this parallel. And yet, you believe in one, and denounce the other. Only for politics?

And to that effect, you did lie about "Historical Records" after all. I fully expected it.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Deflection.

Well, your distrust in the system makes you the candidate for one. After all, you came up with this parallel. And yet, you believe in one, and denounce the other. Only for politics?

And to that effect, you did lie about "Historical Records" after all. I fully expected it.
Not really. The Old testament is comprised of "historical records" as is the New Testament.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Not really. The Old testament is comprised of "historical records" as is the New Testament.
Don't present stories and myths as "historitcal records". Absence of a proper timeline renders your presentation: mythological, not "historical".

Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default population Dynamics 101 & 201, all rolled into Biblical Myth-busting 101! V. interesting, eh?

Plus, given the infantile and outrageous insistence that there be no evolving, no mutating and no accumulation of any new genetic information (after all, according to those with absolutely no education in the topic: in natural mutations, which some limited Christian minds are only now dimly allowing into their barriered thinking... genetic information is ALWAYS lost during mutation, never gained!).

So... uhmmm, then one is left to ask [<snort...> sorry: I had to stop for a moment and clear the coffee out of my nose! ] how indeed the necessary 50+B people, with at least ten different tribal (sub-species) races could possibly have arisen from only 4 people. That's a lot of mandated banging, at every possible fertile period, between father and dauighter, dauighter and her brothers, and with the wife being Prime Mid-wife, but with nary a single biological/physiological hitch ever happening. I supposed after you've had, oh lets say, a hundred+ kids in endless erial production, not in a gyno ward but on the floor of a mud hut, with no Spinal injections of Demerol..., Things prob'ly get sorta loosened up and the children must just slither out, like a mother snake's offspring. Yes?)

What do you mothers think about this? Would it all be just a wild party or what?

Talk about a great childhood! Talk about strict religious standards for moralities, for pre-marriage abstinence, and so on!

But now Eusebius, since you love to go out and find hugely supporting algebraic equations, perhaps I could impose upon you to find the one popularion dynamics equation (one that I'm familiar with from my grad-scholl coures in that particualr topic, one that I gound very fascinating and never really thought it would come back to being sooo vey useful at this point in my life! I'm excited, aren't you, Eusebius? to be on the brink of such a great revelation!

An exposure of the possibilities of a bunch of just-post-pubescent young girls being essentially forced by their fathers into a life of sexual servitude, with all their brothers no less, from an age of about 10 or 12, since the bible does not identify any other sources of male sperm generation... all justified since it's authors had no inkling as to how this all worked... )) and all claimed by Eusebius and his like-minded pals just to justify some outrageous numbers?

It's so interesting! Not to mention how they avoided all sorts of childhood diseases such as the flu, nutritionally based problems rickets, etc.) chicken pox, the measles, smallpox, and so on, for which there were, well... NO MEDICAL SOLUTIONS!!!

And so on and so forth. Go forth, young man, and find your equation for exponential, diesase free, max-output population growth, based on a starting cohort of what was it again, 3 or 4? One of whom was 601 or 900 or whatever the bibles claim for him.

Quite the Jack LaLaine performance I'll admit. I can only hope to be so virile when I'm that old! But then, we'll also see if it generates 50+ B people in a mere 2500 years, and of all different genomes (er... races)!

This ought to be a lot of fun! But I think YOU ought to go find that pop-Dynamics Equation, don't you? It'll be soooo good for your limited mind-set on topics in Science, to see just what really is out there! No Quarreling this time: these are MY instructions to YOU. Now GO!)

(Ah heck, Eusebius; I'm just emulating your previous requirement that I give in to your tacitly over-simplified and assumptive equation, as the PROOF All OF ALL TIME FOR THE ARK!!!) Which sadly, it failed to do. <Ooops, huh> Don't give up, Eusebiusl "NEVAH GIVE UP!" a quote from Winston Churchill, one of my true spiritual heros!

Oooohhhheeeeeeewwwww! I'm just wrigglin' in my seat, like one-them post-pubuscent girlies and their similarly post-pubescent teenaged boy siblings going out for her first official date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah
("Now don't be late, because you have another "date" with your other brother in 5 hours! Just be "efficient", Sabrina! And be "fast"! Now stop crying! What the heck do you mean by "What does that mean, daddy?" Didn't your mother tell you? Sheesh! Do I have to do everything here?

Also, don't worry about his being, well, you know... satisfied! He just needs to be "productive", if'n you get my squir... I ,mean... drift! No, you don't understand what I'm talking about still??? [I know, I know; this is your first-ever date and it's also got a clear "reproductive element"......]

Well your mother will tell you all about it later. This is what we're Doing for God, so don't argue, or there will be literal HELL to pay, young lady! Hell I tell you! HELL!!!!!"!)

Old 04-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Don't present stories and myths as "historitcal records". Absence of a proper timeline renders your presentation: mythological, not "historical".
All you need to do is take the genealogies back to Noah and then Noah to Adam to form the proper timeline thus making it historical and not mythical.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
(Ah heck, Eusebius; I'm just emulating your previous requirement that I give in to your tacitly over-simplified and assumptive equation, as the PROOF All OF ALL TIME FOR THE ARK!!!) Which sadly, it failed to do. <Ooops, huh> Don't give up, Eusebiusl "NEVAH GIVE UP!" a quote from Winston Churchill, one of my true spiritual heros!
Thanks. I never intended to give up. Is your recent outrageous post the result of being drunk?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default Not to mention...

Since we've had pretty good historical documentation over the past mere 2500 years since the fabled flood, just how DID those offspring from Noah's very productive tribe, get over to their new homelands nf the plains of N. America to become the hugely genetically differentiated group of American Aboriginal N.American Indian tribes? With a rich oral and cave-painting history extending far before that phünny phlüd?

Or the Chinese? Or the Japanese, both of whom were out and about in their competent sailing vessels both years before, during and immediately after Noah's broken pitch & matchsticks barge crashed ashore up on Ararat, and both cultures documenting their many exploits and trips, with dates and everything? Huh? HUH?????

Quite the human logistical problem I'd say, to give birth to all of thse ancestral tribes, and then to get 'em over there without any incidents or mass deaths, to their final native homelands, with nary a single word written about when or how it all happened!

So the Japanese and Chinese, oblivious to how they were obligated to behave, just went on about their business, feeing their millions of people and raising their never-flood-inundated livestock or plant crops or villages or temples....

What a mindless and banal hoot! But nontheless, let's continue, shall we? It's got to be quite educational to those readers with a mind!

Eusebius? That population growth modeling equation if you please? With some footnotes from you showing you have some basic understanding if it's premises and limitations, if you don't mind.

A simple enough task, if you know where to being your investigations (I just found most of it about 5 minutes ago. Hint: Wiki for starters, or this, which starts with the basics, and is thus a good one for you to puruse...

https://www.msu.edu/user/vieirast/popmdl.htm

You'll literally be amazed, Eusebius: a turning point in your life for sure!

Read on, m'boy! I think I might be detecting a slight glimmer of light in your eyes here!

Last edited by rifleman; 04-03-2012 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
All you need to do is take the genealogies back to Noah and then Noah to Adam to form the proper timeline thus making it historical and not mythical.
What is stopping you from attaching a year to a "historical record"? Missing information?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,994 times
Quote:
The very same way of reckoning how long a person lived prior to the world-wide flood was the exact same way of reckoning how long a person lived after the world-wide flood.

Prior to the invasion of China into Tibet there were masters high up in the mountains who were reported to be living well over 200 years.

Life was different prior to the flood. Life was different post-world-wide flood. People began to live shorter lives post-flood.
Nothing more than myths and legends.

What makes you think people lived longer lives in the ancient past? Primitive people lived shorter lives not longer ones.

Intelligent debate with you is pointless. Your positions are 10lbs of stupid in a 5lb bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality