Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
funny how you know this knowledge which is not included in the bible.
It's not included anywhere but in the imaginations of a few apologist zealots.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:49 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
Technically, he barely has a grasp on the material that is IN the Bible. From that, I suspect his grasp on extra-biblical material is just as shaky.

Even so - it seems typical of biblical literalists that they must appeal to extra-biblical information to argue their case. BUT they would never dream of considering that mass of extra-biblical evidence that argues against such biblical literalism. OR the inner-biblical information, for that matter. Strange - it is as if their faith would crumble if their Bible (now raised to an idolatrous level as the inerrant Word of God Himself) was taken away from them. Makes one wonder how anyone worshipped properly prior to the writing, editing and canonnization of all those various biblical books (I'm especially thinking of those who use The Book of Revelation to interpret Genesis, for example).

Ah well - I would suggest that Eusebius take up Rabbinical Exegesis of the Bible (which is well-known for adding things to take care of Biblical textual problems), but they actually had to be able to reason fairly well, and that puts Eusebius out of the running. I am still waiting for someone to talk about the Rabbinic story of the Giant (Goliath's ancestor) who sat astride the Ark during the Flood (this story told to explain how some of the giants of Gen 6 survived the Floord)! Awesome story! And I'm not making it up, either - it's part of Jewish tradition.

Eusebius - have you taken this Giant's presence into your calculations? I think you're overlooking a possibly hilarious avenue of inquiry.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Bingo!
Probably didn't realize that the poster was mocking you.

A fun project would be labeling all of Eusebius' posts with their logical fallacies - a kind of guidebook to "How Not To Make A Point".

Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Probably didn't realize that the poster was mocking you.

A fun project would be labeling all of Eusebius' posts with their logical fallacies - a kind of guidebook to "How Not To Make A Point".
I really can't believe that someone can be as painfully stupid as he pretends, and this is in reality the longest troll thread in the history of CD.

But I could be wrong, he could be that stupid.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I really can't believe that someone can be as painfully stupid as he pretends, and this is in reality the longest troll thread in the history of CD.
But I could be wrong, he could be that stupid.
No . . . I know Eusebius is a sincere follower of Christ and UR . . . not a troll. But he mistakenly and foolishly believes he is defending God and Jesus by confronting unbelievers in these threads. It is nothing more than a symptom of his absolute and certain faith that "With God ALL things are possible." There is no reasoning with such unreasoned credulity.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:31 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . I know Eusebius is a sincere follower of Christ and UR . . . not a troll. But he mistakenly and foolishly believes he is defending God and Jesus by confronting unbelievers in these threads. It is nothing more than a symptom of his absolute and certain faith that "With God ALL things are possible." There is no reasoning with such unreasoned credulity.
So you say that he's not feigning ignorance ..........

Old 04-07-2012, 12:27 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Likewise i find it funny how posters in this thread know stuff not in the bible, like: no one could build a ship that big out of wood, or, the waves would break it up into little matchsticks.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And posters against the historical account of Noah mistakenly and foolishly believe Noah could not possibly have built an ark the size as recorded, as if God could not give him the necessary wisdom. Yet they offer no undeniable scientific proof he could not build such an ark. They have unreasoned credulity in their own selves.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Likewise i find it funny how posters in this thread know stuff not in the bible, like: no one could build a ship that big out of wood, or, the waves would break it up into little matchsticks.
Because you can utilize common sense along with science to disprove the flood story.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
And posters against the historical account of Noah mistakenly and foolishly believe Noah could not possibly have built an ark the size as recorded, as if God could not give him the necessary wisdom. Yet they offer no undeniable scientific proof he could not build such an ark. They have unreasoned credulity in their own selves.
We have, you of course fail to take into account that the story might be just that a story. Not everything within the bible is literal truth. As proven with archaeology over the last 100 years a good portion of it did not happen. We can only use the bible itself as a guide. In which there are no mentions of noahs vast stores of wealth,living in a valley,rudders,or workforce. So we can only go by what is written. And by that case the likelihood 8 people built a ship bigger then anything we would see until modern times is pretty much slim to none. You can't realistically prove is happened, and all facts point to the opposite reality that like the exodus as told in the bible the flood did not happen. Does that mean there was no possibly a localized flood living on in peoples memories that became part of the legend? Of course and logically that is probably what did happen at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.