Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I really can't believe that someone can be as painfully stupid as he pretends, and this is in reality the longest troll thread in the history of CD.

But I could be wrong, he could be that stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . I know Eusebius is a sincere follower of Christ and UR . . . not a troll. But he mistakenly and foolishly believes he is defending God and Jesus by confronting unbelievers in these threads. It is nothing more than a symptom of his absolute and certain faith that "With God ALL things are possible." There is no reasoning with such unreasoned credulity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And posters against the historical account of Noah mistakenly and foolishly believe Noah could not possibly have built an ark the size as recorded, as if God could not give him the necessary wisdom. Yet they offer no undeniable scientific proof he could not build such an ark. They have unreasoned credulity in their own selves.
I yield to Mystic and his position that Eusebius ain't trolling...... which leaves us with option #2

Old 04-07-2012, 02:31 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . I know Eusebius is a sincere follower of Christ and UR . . . not a troll. But he mistakenly and foolishly believes he is defending God and Jesus by confronting unbelievers in these threads. It is nothing more than a symptom of his absolute and certain faith that "With God ALL things are possible." There is no reasoning with such unreasoned credulity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So you say that he's not feigning ignorance ..........
It is not ignorance, Ashe . . . it is disregard. The "wisdom of man" holds no sway in his worldview . . . only the "Word of God" as he sees it. It is not possible to reason with such credulity . . . just acknowledge its scientific absurdity and move on. There is no there there. I support your campaign to keep religious rationale out of our legal system, Ashe . . . but otherwise it is harmless faith that supports his otherwise decent beliefs and intent.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:38 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Because you can utilize common sense along with science to disprove the flood story.
Why would I utilize common sense along with science to disprove the flood story?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Technically, he barely has a grasp on the material that is IN the Bible. From that, I suspect his grasp on extra-biblical material is just as shaky.

Even so - it seems typical of biblical literalists that they must appeal to extra-biblical information to argue their case. BUT they would never dream of considering that mass of extra-biblical evidence that argues against such biblical literalism. OR the inner-biblical information, for that matter. Strange - it is as if their faith would crumble if their Bible (now raised to an idolatrous level as the inerrant Word of God Himself) was taken away from them. Makes one wonder how anyone worshipped properly prior to the writing, editing and canonnization of all those various biblical books (I'm especially thinking of those who use The Book of Revelation to interpret Genesis, for example).

Ah well - I would suggest that Eusebius take up Rabbinical Exegesis of the Bible (which is well-known for adding things to take care of Biblical textual problems), but they actually had to be able to reason fairly well, and that puts Eusebius out of the running. I am still waiting for someone to talk about the Rabbinic story of the Giant (Goliath's ancestor) who sat astride the Ark during the Flood (this story told to explain how some of the giants of Gen 6 survived the Floord)! Awesome story! And I'm not making it up, either - it's part of Jewish tradition.

Eusebius - have you taken this Giant's presence into your calculations? I think you're overlooking a possibly hilarious avenue of inquiry.
Noah and family were watching the final episode of Pangaea Idol, the forerunner of American Idol as the rains came. That is why they didn't record the giants on the side of the ark. Besides, New York wasn't founded yet so there couldn't have been giants at the ark.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Why would I utilize common sense along with science to disprove the flood story?
Because your mind is meant to think and be used.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Yes, but his mind has been so thoroughly programmed, so that no new information will ever enter until his hard drive is wiped clean and re-formatted. ExChristian.Net - Articles: Deprogramming the Deprogrammer

Old 04-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, but his mind has been so thoroughly programmed, so that no new information will ever enter until his hard drive is wiped clean and re-formatted. ExChristian.Net - Articles: Deprogramming the Deprogrammer
If I don't stand for something I'd fall for anything. I don't want to end up like you who stated a ship can't use an anchor deeper than 200 feet. LOL! You keep screwing up. Better quit while you are way behind.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I've been using my mind and science to prove the flood story but when I do you make snide remarks. You can't be pleased no matter what I do.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
If I don't stand for something I'd fall for anything. I don't want to end up like you who stated a ship can't use an anchor deeper than 200 feet. LOL! You keep screwing up. Better quit while you are way behind.
You are a LIAR...I said no such thing... YOU were the one that claimed that Noah anchored his barge with 400 feet of rope... ( Here http://www.city-data.com/forum/23733456-post1338.html ) My own depth limit for anchorage is 50 fathoms (300 feet) because I have only 600 feet of anchor line....All any ship has to do the anchor in deeper water is have enough of the proper anchor gear.......You have to be one of the most dishonest posters I have ever seen.
If you are not a troll, then you sure are a good imitation of one.

Last edited by sanspeur; 04-07-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
I've been using my mind and science to prove the flood story but when I do you make snide remarks. You can't be pleased no matter what I do.
No you use junk science by people trying to prove its existence in the first places. Often they are not even scientists either you will notice. Thats like biblical archaeologists on the 20th century digging for the jericho of joshua and claiming that it was found because they found burnt layers of destruction. Except the dating of the city is several centuries off from the date of the supposed exodus. You see, you need to look at things with an open perspective based on the fact that it might not of happened, or happened the way it's written. If people make snide remarks it's because even when you are proven wrong you keep trying to prove your point. Often in cases of making things up that aren't even reported anywhere to prove your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.