Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
His whole argument is built on assumptions. He assumes that the mountains were no more than 400 ft high. He assumes that Noah knew how deep the water would be. He assumes that Noah freeze-dried the food for the animals.....

Assumptions, assumption and nothing but assumptions.
You too do nothing but provide assumptions that Noah could not have built the ark to survive the flood, could not properly provide food for family and animals, etc. etc. etc. You are the kettle calling the pot black.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I thought Noah was a drunk.
Getting drunk once does not a drunk make.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You too do nothing but provide assumptions that Noah could not have built the ark to survive the flood, could not properly provide food for family and animals, etc. etc. etc. You are the kettle calling the pot black.
No Eusebitroll, no assumption from our side. You have been presented with overwhelming evidence that there was no global flood. If you are not trolling, you need psychiatric help pal.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
no flood! no animals starving on an ark! no pigeons with mud on their beak saying 'land ho'! no nothing!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
These aren't assumptions. Since it appears that geologic and paleontological arguments are obviously too complex for you to grasp, we present a few logical logistical arguments that might be simple enough even you and others like yourself can grasp.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Ancient Egyptians made rope from vegetable fibers. The best rope is made from hemp plants and has been for many many years. I'm sure Noah had plenty of hemp growing around.
It wasn't illegal back then.
Hemp rope, huh? 3 inch hemp rope has a working strength of only 8,200 pounds....You're the expert, so I'm guessing you know how heavy the ark was, and what size rope would be required...

Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Quote:
I've been using my mind and science to prove the flood story but when I do you make snide remarks. You can't be pleased no matter what I do.
What a load of toad manure. We have already firmly established your credibility in a wide range of subjects. You are, in fact, an intellectual Black Hole; as in: it's best to stay away from you if a person does not want to have their own native intelligence lowered by the intense negative intellectual "grav" your vacuous mind generates.

This one's for you and your logical arguments, Eusebius!: ...................................

I see I'm not alone though, in recognizing truly obtuse and overwhelming intellectual farce....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
√ No you use junk science by people trying to prove its existence in the first places.

Often they are not even scientists either you will notice. Thats like biblical archaeologists on the 20th century digging for the jericho of joshua and claiming that it was found because they found burnt layers of destruction. Except the dating of the city is several centuries off from the date of the supposed exodus.

√ You see, you need to look at things with an open perspective based on the fact that it might not of happened, or happened the way it's written.

√ If people make snide remarks it's because even when you are proven wrong you keep trying to prove your point. Often in cases of making things up that aren't even reported anywhere to prove your point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you trying to tell me that ships can anchor in water deeper than 400 feet with only the 400 feet of rope you claim that Noah had?.....I stand by what I said.....So tell me, what part of the anchor gear is missing in order for it to work?
Quote:
Dear sanspeur, did you read the link I provided which contradicted your statement that a ship can't anchor deeper than 200 feet? It said the ships and barges used in the drilling industry anchor to depths beyond 2,000 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing_rflmn_as_usual!
You do know (no wait; I just realized what I'm assuming here, that you know anything about anything technical. Silly me, huh?

Well here: let me help you (along with san's pictures...):

Drill rigs are indeed anchored with minimal angle to the primary retention anchor system. That is tied into truly massive concrete & steel anchor devices that are placed around the rig and then the massive cables re winched down tight. Very tight.

Then the ballast system is pumped out so as to provide additional upward pressure on the rig. As well, in very stormy wayers (north of the UK off the coast of Scotland for instance, about where Noah's Ark would have been blown to from prevailing offshore winds. (I assume....which means I'm right, right? ))

1): Spar Platform

2) Image Detail for - http://images.pennnet.com/articles/os/thm/th_78655.jpg

3) Image Detail for - http://www.swos.net/images/Spar400_ZOOM_Q8.jpg

4) Image Detail for - http://images.pennnet.com/articles/ogj/thm/th_071001ogj_dra03.gif

And so on....

(Of course, what'dah I know compared to you, huh?: I only worked up on the Beaufort Sea (look it up) on Esso Resources Canada's rig systems, and CanMar's Arctic Drill ships (which had to be anchored as well, sonny boy!)... for 4 winters....

Image Detail for - http://cdn2.shipspotting.com/photos/middle/3/9/2/1221293.jpg

(Noting that this little boatee-pie is a little shorter than the Ark you claim to be a fact....

You obviously know a lot more than, well, ANYONE here! And thus, we all bow to your knowledge, Oh Grandeloquent Euslessibius One..)

('scuse me, I gotz to go for a moment.... )

Q #... (oh I forget now: probably Q. No. 50 at least... knowing you both can't and won't answer... your lack of any real knowledge is truly an embarrassment to you of course..): Where did Noah get the power for the mechanical retraction winches?

Image Detail for - http://www.equip4ship.com/public/pliki/3864/20101229161833_aaaaaa.gif

Q # ∞: Where did he find and then store the necessary thousand feet or so, per side, and another two at the other end, of high-test steel cable? Not to mention the very heavy-duty cast iron anchors necessary to hold something longer than the USS Enterprise *our V. large nuc carrier ?

Image Detail for - http://www.shipfriends.gr/forum/galleryuploads/1285849768/med_gallery_2164_79_101076.jpg

Or do you "think", with that über-simplified mind set of yours, that a single 5400 foot long piece of hand-woven rope (made out of cattail fibers no doubt...) along with, say ,a few rockes tid together, would hold that surging barge in a storm? What endless rubbish!
Since the mountains were between three to four hundred feet in Noah's day, he knew to carry enough rope for the guestimated depth he would need to accord with the flooding of the world back then.

That is actually quite easy to answer. He didn't know the depth of water would be LESS than 400 feet if the mountains back them were 400 feet in height. And since he knew the world would be flooded, he would know to bring enough rope to anchor to AT LEAST for an allowance of that depth and probably threw in an extra couple hundred feet for insurance.

If I have insulted your intelligence, I feel it is my fault that I didn't make it simple enough for you to understand. I'm really trying to dumb it down for you. I am sorry. If you didn't get the above, here I'll dumb it down for you:

Rafius, today we are going to talk about Noah and how he knew how much rope to take along to anchor the ark inside the valley he built the ark in. Rafius, do you know what a rope is?

Very good. O.K. do you know what a pile is for anchoring? Very good. You paid attention, didn't you! You get a star! O.K. now, the next step is, how did Noah know how much rope to take to anchor the huge ark to keep it from hitting the sides of the valley as it arose in the world-wide flood?

First he would have to know how high the mountains were that were going to be flooded over. Since he knew the highest mountains on Pangea were no higher than four hundred feet, and since he knew the water would be just high enough above the mountains to drown all life, he just had to take enough rope along plus some extra to make it all work properly. Does that make sense to you? No? We will just have to hold you back another year.
Well.... there you go, Rafi: you've sure been shown YOUR place, uh? Just like he showed me, what with all them really BIG EQUATIONS an'stuhf!

BGTw, I like his macro-assumption that all the world's mountains were only 400 feet tall. This is a newby-add-on factoid to try to escape out of that corner, FurShur! I've listened to many arguments from other idiot Arkist defeenders that tell me, absolutely, the flood topped Mt. Everest, and that's why we find fossils @ 29,450 feet ASL!

So, Euselessibius WonderBoy, please explain to us dumbees why the dissention amongst your own troipers?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:44 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,113,942 times
It's all easy to believe, just keep picturing this:

Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
I can say it would have been the wisest thing to do. I know I would have done it that way inside a valley. In a valley of about two miles wide or so, a world wide flood would have gently lifted up the ark without huge waves crashing down on the ship. Noah was not so dumb as to build the ark out on an open plane. Anyone so smart to build an ark the size of a WW II aircraft carrier would be smart enough to built that ark in a valley surrounded by mountains.

There is no way to scientifically prove humans ultimately came from single celled amoebas yet scientists state it as fact that that is how we came to be. If they are allowed latitude to make such spacious statements then so am I.

Yes but it's an assumption based on no fact whatsoever, thus unusable. How are you ever sure that no waves would exist if water was rushing in from 4 different places?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:31 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default Riggghhhttttt....

Quote:
It's hardly an assumption that a 900 yr old (or 600, or whatever the myth of the day is..) could have possibly built such a durable leak-less structure out of gopher wood outside of a full boatyard.

It's also ecologically impossible that he could have acquired (and also provided the right habitat for >>>> 18 months!! What stupidity! ) all the species he'd have to have done in order toensure, without any subsequent Evolution, the species we now have on the planet (well over 30M, probably closer to 100M...). Also not enough time even if there were Evolution. Plus fossilization does not occur in only 2000 yrs. Further proof of your vast technological ineptitude.

Plus, the contemporaneous history, written by the very reliable Asians often note high mountains in Tibet (well over 400 feet. Stupid!), and they did not notice any global inundation. How stupid of them to not notice they were under water or 18 m0, huh?

It's also impossible that such a boat could have survived a typical oceanic storm cycle. Impossible, not just improbable...

It's also impossible that a crew of 4 or 6 or anything under about 200 people could have managed such a stupid one-window, unpowered, un-nsteerable barge , or even that it could have existed.

So... not so assumptive as you assume, right? Your version is, of course, technical idiocy. That's not assumption, it's fact. If you know this, you area troll and should be rightly censured. On the other hand, if you don't know all of this, then I'm afraid there really is no hope for your limited capacity neuronbag...

__________________________________________________ ___

Folks: I honestly thought we'd seen it all before, but now this fellow has really outdone anyone else here, ever, in the IDTrs club (Intransigent Dogmo-Theists). He deserves some special award. What could it be? A BIG steaming pile of ... no, that would not be accepted by the USPS..... Well.... I'll keep thinking.

Suggestions? Anyone? Anyone?

Last edited by rifleman; 04-08-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality