Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...Really?

You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons,
sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky,
people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive
stories, and you say that WE are the ones that need help?
Mark Twain
Thanks for proving my point.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times

destroyer vs big waves - YouTube noahs ship would have BEEN fine with all it's pitch.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Just because you say "Your fabled ark would not stand a chance" does not prove it didn't stand a chance. Obviously it did because you and I are here today as a result of it making it through the world-wide flood.

Noah built the ark in a small four-sided valley and put a 300 to 400 foot long rope with anchor on the end of it to keep it in the middle of that small valley so it would not crash against the mountains as it ascended. As the flood all over the world came, the ark slowly lifted up inside that small valley causing a small lake. Near the end of the flood when the waters went above that valley by 25 feet (as the whole world flooded) the waters began to abate. So, in effect, there was no rogue wave, no dangerous normal waves caused by tides or ocean currents or 104 feet waves hitting the ship since it was perfectly protected by the small valley. Yes, the whole world flooded to a depth of around three to four hundred feet. Noah built the ship in a valley of the Arrarat mountains which were at that time about three to four hundred feet high. His ark did not travel the whole world, did not ascend to 30,000 feet, survived the destruction of the whole world by flood.
Your ignorance is astounding...Tell me what is required to anchor a barge with the tonnage the ark had to be...You have no clue do you? Here's a clue...A length of rope and a stone just won't do the trick....Why not just pull some more crap out of wherever....

Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Your ignorance is astounding...Tell me what is required to anchor a barge with the tonnage the ark had to be...You have no clue do you? Here's a clue...A length of rope and a stone just won't do the trick....Why not just pull some more crap out of wherever....
I like how he is an expert in nautical matters,geology,engineering, and hydrology. And how he add's little details that were not even written about .

Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I will have to think about this some. Maybe I can dumb it down enough for you to understand. Noah, with the incredible wisdom God gave to him figured out the weight of the anchor to accord with the size of the ark. Today ships much larger than Noah's ark use the proper size anchor to accord with the size of the ship. You, being a professional n nautical person should know this.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
I will have to think about this some. Maybe I can dumb it down enough for you to understand. Noah, with the incredible wisdom God gave to him figured out the weight of the anchor to accord with the size of the ark. Today ships much larger than Noah's ark use the proper size anchor to accord with the size of the ship. You, being a professional n nautical person should know this.
Dumb it down for me?....LOL...You really don't have a clue, do you...A 400 ft length of rope and a stone will not work no matter how heavy the stone is...There is something else required...Here is another clue...Even with the missing component from the anchor gear 400 ft of anchor line will only be secure in 200 feet of depth or less...Modern ships use steel anchors that are designed to dig into the bottom, plus steel is about five times the weight of stone.

Think about this information....There WILL be a test.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Dumb it down for me?....LOL...You really don't have a clue, do you...A 400 ft length of rope and a stone will not work no matter how heavy the stone is...There is something else required...Here is another clue...Even with the missing component from the anchor gear 400 ft of anchor line will only be secure in 200 feet of depth or less...Modern ships use steel anchors that are designed to dig into the bottom, plus steel is about five times the weight of stone.

Don't you UNDERSTAND though? Noah had the engineering knowledge because obviously we are here today after the worldwide flood .

Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:

Well, I see even the dumbed-down version didn't get through to sanspeur. Here, I'll try to make it so easy even a cave man can understand it:

in spite of what sanspeur speculates, ships used for deep water drilling set anchors in excess of 2,000 feet. DEEP WATER ANCHOR-HANDLING

Noah set a pile anchor prior to the flood waters coming. Within the valley surrounded by mountains the ark would very gently lift upward while the HUGE pile anchor kept the ark away from the valley walls. No rogue waves, no massive crashing waves on the ark, just a nice gentle upward lift. I think sanspeur thinks Noah was some sort of cave man. He had to have a high command of mathematics to build the massive ark.

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-07-2012 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: mizspellllllling

Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Don't you UNDERSTAND though? Noah had the engineering knowledge because obviously we are here today after the worldwide flood .
Bingo!

Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Well, I see even the dumbed-down version didn't get through to sanspeur. Here, I'll try to make it so easy even a cave man can understand it:

in spite of what sanspeur speculates, ships used for deep water drilling set anchors in excess of 2,000 feet. DEEP WATER ANCHOR-HANDLING

Noah set a pile anchor prior to the flood waters coming. Within the valley surrounded by mountains the ark would very gently lift upward while the HUGE pile anchor kept the ark away from the valley walls. No rogue waves, no massive crashing waves on the ark, just a nice gentle upward lift. I think sanspeur thinks Noah was some sort of cave man. He had to have a high command of mathematics to build the massive ark.
funny how you know this knowledge which is not included in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality