Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,816,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well because sometimes its true and often its not. There are scientific ways to examine spiritual matters, BUT, spiritual people and spiritual knowledge MUST be enlisted! And they refuse to cooperate like that.
Again, present them.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24945660-post612.html

Old 06-29-2012, 04:42 PM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I was never a monkey- life forms are all related in the fact that they are life forms...For those who want to believe their father was a ape- so be it- For those who want to believe they are of a cosmic and divine origin older than time- so be it.
I snipped the rest of your nonsense in order to point out that I agree that you were never a monkey. Science has never said that....None of us ever were monkeys, but you, and indeed your father and mother are apes.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post

Alright then; I'll give you a live example; but first I must ask a question; do you dream much?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times
Default Indisputable stuff, as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Those hung up on equality of the species desperately want to devalue mankind and bring them down to mere monkeys...

I was never a monkey- life forms are all related in the fact that they are life forms...For those who want to believe their father was a ape- so be it- For those who want to believe they are of a cosmic and divine origin older than time- so be it.

Of course YOU personally were never a monkey, and we also know that none of our recent ancestors ever were either. Why oh why do anti-Evolutionists always glom onto this tired old line?

In fact, there was a now-well-demonstrated precursor organism to us all, of an early lemur type mammal which branched out into the earlier ape-monkey precursor tribes, which didn't even resemble the modern ones, plus the precursors of us.

This is all quite well detailed, with transitional fossil remains in evidence, for anyone to study and learn. For the more recent ancestries in which we can find and do DNA genome mapping (the S. Africa Lucy link, for example, and the cross-continent traces of her original tribe's mRNA (mitochondrial RNA) that prove, absolutely, our heritage and migrational histories... indisputable, in fact!) we need look no further.

But we certainly didn't just "poof" from apes or lemurs into modern man, in three stages; a blonde-haired modern tall guy but with a lot of body hair, a prehensile tail and big teeth! Not like the idiotic Ray Comfort transitional missing-link Croc-o-Duck stupidity (surely you don't subscribe to that level of banal thinking, do you, Oleg?). While pre-DNA genome mapping we had to speculate somewhat on the relative positioning of unearthed fossils, again, if we can find any DNA in them, we can now exactly place them in their correct relative position. Indisputably. Otherwise, we still have morphological trends we can use with great accuracy (femur length, hip bone shape, various other constantly morphing physical features and "find" location, plus the ancient bone and rock tools we also find in association with their bones) to place them into the most likely order they probably appeared.

Then, finally, a simple DNA mapping of your own genome, and that of your parents, theirs and all their predecessors, plus your own offspring and perhaps even the follow-on grandkids to them, will all show, quite reliably, that we humans are indeed all genetically changing slightly over time. And when enough changes accumulate and perhaps provide some slight advantage(s) to some tribe or group, then, voila, we have ongoing Evolution of the hominid species. QED.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,816,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Alright then; I'll give you a live example; but first I must ask a question; do you dream much?
Sure.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Sure.

Alright then I'll show you Sunday, but tonight you dream.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 AM

267 posts, read 216,427 times
Why would an all knowing creator get absolutely everything he created wrong and then need to use random and or designed evolution to fix the problem? Why not just create everything perfect first time around?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,893,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Why not just create everything perfect first time around?
Because he knew that would be boring.

What if you got 18 holes-in-one every time you played golf? You would probably get bored and quit.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

What if you got 18 holes-in-one every time you played golf? You would probably get bored and quit.

Interesting point of view; actually stunning in a manner of speaking. Could be some deep truth to that. Hope you don't mind me plagiarizing that in the future.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM

267 posts, read 216,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

That sounds like your most cherished dream, heaven, hmmm sounds boring doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality