Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Gay marriage as an idea. Go from there and provide the proof as requested relative to what was asked. Seeker you totally are not comprehending
No you are not comprehending. I thought I had made my points very clear and yet, here you are still asking straight folk what the benefits of SSM are.

They are pretty obvious to anyone that has read gay posters posts here and done some research.

Best go to the P&C or relationships forum and read, there are plenty of your ilk getting their asses handed to them by gay posters.

Marriage was never a religious institution, it was hijacked by the church.

All of this info is a click away and hours of reading up will help. IF you wish to posit that marriage was always a sacred religious institution, I guess you are going to have to prove that first, you will of course need to use secular sources as the bible is not an authority neither are your church's creeds.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
It is a good way to prove the point of this thread though is it not. The OP asks about how being against gay marriage is not "hateful" and here we have someone against it who is keen to tell us how gays are not normal and good people.

I think we can rest our case.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 AM

496 posts, read 483,657 times
Good point but theres a problem, if there is no proof that homosexuality "the idea", is a good healthy benefit, then the idea of affection and love for drawing out a benefit, cannot be introduced, theres no proof to substantiate two ideas now.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:35 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Still avoiding the question then.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Still avoiding the question then.
Nope, I need proof as explained and will waive the established second proof unless the issue is raised again...I need proof. Idea's are idea's.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Good point but theres a problem, if there is no proof that homosexuality "the idea", is a good healthy benefit, then the idea of affection and love for drawing out a benefit, cannot be introduced
Why are you re-framing it as an "idea"? Homosexuality is natural. It has been around for yonks. Unless you wish to posit they are deceived by satan or some equally useless diatribe?

Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to be gay in the USA with so much homophobia around?

Perhaps you just prefer they remain in the closet like your priests?

Society has changed and folk are more accepting of gays (over 50% in the US) and the bigots and homphobes are becoming an irrelevant minority.

SSM will pass at a Fed level on par with Roe vs. Wade as there is clear discrimination of a minority taking place. Then it will be all over and the gays will go away and meld into society and be accepted as normal people.

Sure their sexual attractions are not the norm (not the same as normal) but this matter is more than simple sex acts which you and I may find icky. There is all the other emotions and silliness like falling in love and wanting to share a lifetime together. Because they cannot "naturally" reproduce is a no brainer. We have surrogacy (or adoption) for the males and IVF for the females, ergo, they have as much potential as a hetero of raising a normal family of caring parents even if parents are of the same gender. Because the gay folk know that sexual attraction is not a choice, they will be the last to force a choice on their natural or adopted kids. The proof? Well ALL LGBT folk come from hetero relationships so one has to ask, if influence is a factor, what went wrong?

It is genetic and now folk like you want to punish them for something they had no control over?

EVEN IF it is a choice, what or how does that affect you personally? It sure as hell does not affect me. The only ones bitching about it are the religious.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Why are you re-framing it as an "idea"? Homosexuality is natural. It has been around for yonks. Unless you wish to posit they are deceived by satan or some equally useless diatribe?

Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to be gay in the USA with so much homophobia around?

Perhaps you just prefer they remain in the closet like your priests?

Society has changed and folk are more accepting of gays (over 50% in the US) and the bigots and homphobes are becoming an irrelevant minority.

SSM will pass at a Fed level on par with Roe vs. Wade as there is clear discrimination of a minority taking place. Then it will be all over and the gays will go away and meld into society and be accepted as normal people.

Sure their sexual attractions are not the norm (not the same as normal) but this matter is more than simple sex acts which you and I may find icky. There is all the other emotions and silliness like falling in love and wanting to share a lifetime together. Because they cannot "naturally" reproduce is a no brainer. We have surrogacy (or adoption) for the males and IVF for the females, ergo, they have as much potential as a hetero of raising a normal family of caring parents even if parents are of the same gender. Because the gay folk know that sexual attraction is not a choice, they will be the last to force a choice on their natural or adopted kids. The proof? Well ALL LGBT folk come from hetero relationships so one has to ask, if influence is a factor, what went wrong?

It is genetic and now folk like you want to punish them for something they had no control over?

EVEN IF it is a choice, what or how does that affect you personally? It sure as hell does not affect me. The only ones bitching about it are the religious.
Hold on....even to get married hetro style is an idea. If the royalty people did not realize it was a bad idea interbreeding...they would have been eliminated....I need proof for the idea as explained, its very clear.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Hold on....even to get married hetro style is an idea. If the royalty people did not realize it was a bad idea interbreeding...they would have been eliminated....I need proof for the idea as explained, its very clear.
Rubbish. Marriage even 500 years ago for the common man probably had no priest presiding of religious ceremony probably not even a government legal document.

Marriage has always been about property and lineage.

In Africa, blacks get married even to this day in the traditional sense and for the more astute, the ceremony goes over 2-3 days sometimes. There is no religious person presiding.

One could well take this model and extrapolate it back to the times of aristocracy and the serfs.

Societies often saw women as chattel - something to be exchanged for cattle, property, mixed fortunes, whatever.

Pretty much of that tradition still exists in the asking for hand in marriage from the father, the engagement ring for the old custom of buying the bride and so on. It would have only been the very wealthy that actually exchanged rings and castles and whatnot, the serfs probably had a very simply ceremony with a lot of drinking and partying.

Now back then what did the gays do? They probably went with tradition and ignored their preferences, married, had kids and probably had secret male lovers - who knows?

Hell even your own bible has strong evidence that David and Jonathan were lovers and he was a the apple of god's eye no less.

Paul was probably gay too? What was the thorn in his side? We are never told.

This is the 21st century and not the 12th, maybe you Americans should join us sometime.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Where do you get this stuff ?? Bigot Monthly Newsletter?

Most Gays like being male, they like having healthy muscular bodies and in fact a large percentage of the males at any workout place are in fact Gay, and most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell.

Other than the sex(which you guys seem obsessed with) for the most part there is no difference between a "Gay" lifestyle and a "straight" lifestyle, collectively speaking, Gays are personally cleaner, are better housekeepers/property owners/neighbors, and have a larger disposible income.

What "proof" do you want that same sex marriage is beneficial? How about proof straight marriage is beneficial.
Ive already received opinion on this latter issue and your point is well taken but sadly gets filed at the back of the bin relative to a hopeful discovery in the issues at hand. Also, I think of these things and don't find them that difficult to reduce.

Now..if you read the easy to read pages , you will easily understand the proof that is required, the reason for the proof and maybe you can find what I'm missing, I don't know. It might be possible. I simply do not know.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Yea if I could not answer the question I would "adjourn" too. If "adjourn" means "run away".
I thought you might have been able to find something, nothing yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.