Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How did Adolf manage to get into power and commit mass murder?

why did God allow this, considering the Jews are supposed to be his people?

Does good and evil even exist anyway?
The same reason he raised Pharaoh to power.

Mankind ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We must all learn from that fruit. It is a sweet and bitter lesson to learn.

But all those Jews who lost their lives at the hand of Hitler will eventually be brought back to life and be given wonderful immortal life. None of them are going to accuse God of wrongdoing. So the means justifies the end.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
How did Adolf manage to get into power and commit mass murder?

why did God allow this, considering the Jews are supposed to be his people?

Does good and evil even exist anyway?
For the same reason he allowed evil kings into power thousands of years ago. It served a purpose that he had to glorify himself. Perhaps it's to further demonstrate his promise to preserve a remnant of Israel. Even with an evil nutjob like Hitler the Jewish people survived.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For the same reason he allowed evil kings into power thousands of years ago. It served a purpose that he had to glorify himself. Perhaps it's to further demonstrate his promise to preserve a remnant of Israel. Even with an evil nutjob like Hitler the Jewish people survived.
God sounds like a bit of egomaniac and psychopathic! The dude creates the universe and everything in it, but says, "Nah, that's not quite doing it for me. I think I need to wipe out a few million folks in order to have my name glorified!". Yeah, doesn't sound twisted at all

Old 10-29-2012, 02:06 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Because he didnt care? Or wanted to prove a point? The devil can only do what God allows him too so...

Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Sometimes a father has to discipline His children. It shows His love for us.

We Jews must look at ourselves when something like the holocaust happens (this was not the first one in our history, obviously). If we Jews simply blame this on others and fail to look at ourselves, it will indeed happen again.

OH PLEASE! This is so off base! God had nothing to do with it and it was not the fault of the Jews! I know that you are Jewish and I don't care.

Others were also killed in the Holocaust and the Reform Jewish movement has absolutely nothing to do with this horrific event.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM

If God is supposedly acting like a father by having his children murdered. Well, that father needs to be arrested ASAP and placed on trial for their heinous crimes. Which I think a lot of folks have done already by abandoning this primitive belief system all together!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
OH PLEASE! This is so off base! God had nothing to do with it and it was not the fault of the Jews! I know that you are Jewish and I don't care.

Others were also killed in the Holocaust and the Reform Jewish movement has absolutely nothing to do with this horrific event.
Whoa, where did that come from? Assume much? Are you saying I said the Reform movement was responsible? (I never said that, of course)

Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM

FYI - we have a concurrent thread on roughly the same subject in the Judaism forum (I did not start that thread, but I have been participating in it), and I've clarified in greater detail my statement about a father loving his children.

To paraphrase 7+ pages on the subject in the other thread: we Jews are held to a much higher standard of behavior than you non-Jews are. We have 613 commandments - you only have the 7 Noahide laws. G-d expects a ton from us, and when we do not meet his expectations, He sits back and lets free will run it's course. G-d didn't control Hitler's brain or kill anybody. He simply let Hitler do whatever he wanted. Clearly G-d could have stopped Hitler if He wanted to. He did not. So we Jews should learn that we have to earn any special merit we may have, and when we do not do so - our "Father" lets us learn on our own.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
FYI - we have a concurrent thread on roughly the same subject in the Judaism forum (I did not start that thread, but I have been participating in it), and I've clarified in greater detail my statement about a father loving his children.

To paraphrase 7+ pages on the subject in the other thread: we Jews are held to a much higher standard of behavior than you non-Jews are. We have 613 commandments - you only have the 7 Noahide laws. G-d expects a ton from us, and when we do not meet his expectations, He sits back and lets free will run it's course. G-d didn't control Hitler's brain or kill anybody. He simply let Hitler do whatever he wanted. Clearly G-d could have stopped Hitler if He wanted to. He did not. So we Jews should learn that we have to earn any special merit we may have, and when we do not do so - our "Father" lets us learn on our own.
Once again. Any father that punishes his children for disobedience by having them not only murdered, but tortured....neither deserves respect nor admiration. That is a sick individual and they themselves need to be dealt with accordingly. I feel bad that people actually live with the idea that blaming the victim(in this case the Jews) is ever warranted. This God has a bully complex and his psychotic behavior needs to be nipped in the bud!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Once again. Any father that punishes his children for disobedience by having them not only murdered, but tortured....neither deserves respect nor admiration. That is a sick individual and they themselves need to be dealt with accordingly. I feel bad that people actually live with the idea that blaming the victim(in this case the Jews) is ever warranted. This God has a bully complex and his psychotic behavior needs to be nipped in the bud!
How did you come to those conclusions? I'm constantly amazed at how people here at C-D take their pre-conceived notions to the table in any discussion here - especially the ones that concern the Jews.

You theory (that you are somehow attributing to me) is like saying: "Americans possess the power to stop the genocide in Darfur, but because we have not done so, we are sick and twisted people who deserve punishment for our inaction."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality