Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You're absolutely correct about the OP. By the number of people participating in this thread indicates, too many have fallen for his trap. Posters such as him are best ignored.

Kindly explain to me why you are not ignoring this thread and taking your own advice? Well because your intrest is hypicritical; your interested but you want the public to think your not. So you join the thread and advise others not to; you read it in your privacy and belittle it in your public persona; this is transparent, I see through it; easily see through it.

If your not interested in this thread, then why are you so interested ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM

52 posts, read 40,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Don't blame ME for making YOUR claims, Ghost. If you make claims that so and so in your holy writ is allegory, vs. literal truth, I'm going to ask you on what you base your designation.

If you don't want to support your claims, I suggest you stop making them.

Deal with it.
Oooooohhh......hahahahha.

I already told you Goatie. If it aint enough for you, too f***** bad. Now deal with that!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post

So for you to go around saying that that bible is talking about Agnostics when it talks about the Religiously lukewarm, or when it talks about those who abstain from extremes as people who like getting hit by horse-drawn carriages, you are blinding yourself to your own interpretation bias.

Thats exactly what the bible is talking about when it refers to lukewarm people; those who are interested yet not interested; meaning neither cold or hot, just inbetween- which is a definition of Agnosticism, in my view of things. Your not for or against, just " Lukewarm." You don't have a clue! Its like clouds without water, or wells without water, both biblical examples of Agnosticism. Just classic confusion. Its like a human not knowing wether they are male or female, caught in a confusion, so they live a life as both. Not willing to be one or the other, not willing to be complettely cold or hot.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostofrand View Post
Oooooohhh......hahahahha.

I already told you Goatie. If it aint enough for you, too f***** bad. Now deal with that!
No problem, I accept your surrender and your admission by omission that you have absolutely no clue as to how you choose some Biblical tales to be true and some to be allegorical.

This poses a difficult dilemma for you, but none for me, as I know that you have to jettison some of the Bible's BS as BS out of necessity.

So, maybe Jesus didn't die for your sins after all, it's probably allegory. Oh, but you don't know, do you Skippy?

Old 12-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Some people try to reason to themselves and others, " God cannot be proven or disproven", which is a classic Agnostic aittitude, yet many believers in God have been duped into accepting this incredible false stance. Atheism and Agnosticism are both wasted stances that really do not exist, unless God exist. God can most defintely be proven, a thousand times over. In a thousand differing ways. And each of those ways are very interesting and very powerful. There would be no such thing as Atheism or Agnosticism if God were not real.

Its because hes real that these stances are being taken!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I've never known anyone who pretended not to believe in God when they do, though I have known people who say they believe in God, but don't
Bingo!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Bingo!

The apostle Peter pretended to not believe in God, because he was afraid of being arrested, and thousands of humans have repeated this same dynamic in our history. Many Islamic peoples pretend not to believe in a certain God, in order to save their own lives. Many Americans pretend not to believe in God for many reasons; political, romantic, jobs, peer pressure, and just as many pretend to believe when they don't.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostofrand View Post
Once again the atheist genius is more than my teeny weeny little brain can handle. Or at least thats my takeaway, given the incoherent rambling nonsense above.

Its good of you to tell the rest of us what theists are interested in. When did you first become aware that you had mind reading abilities? Wow.....

Ive no doubt youve led a hardship free/life of great ease and comfort. The fact youve never had a close friend or family member become seriously ill or die, and never will, is amazing. Congrats!

The rest of us must get on the best we can. At what age did you acquire your first billion? Do you prefer castles, yachts, or both?

Your blog appellation alone applies extreme overconfidence in your own perspective. My guess is your interaction with fellow humans outside electronic communications is....limited. Ugggh.
1. not an atheist

2. your second paragraph makes my own point about this thread.

3. I must be blessed. Thank the Lord. I must have so far had no lessons to learn and no need to prove myself. If and once I afflict mental harm upon myself, as many of my friends have, I'll remember to grief fully and let it go, instead of believing I'm some victim of God's sadistic lessons.

4. Don't have a billion... it depends. castles aren't my favorite though.

5. Forgive my blog appellation's application of extreme overconfidence in my own perspectives; I must be radically overconfident if that is the reading you took from my posts. The best course of action might be to point out where I'm wrong and why it's better to show some humility and self-doubt. Your guess about my level of interaction with my neighbors and peers would be wrong; Although I can assure you that I do seek to inspire lots of cognitive dissonance (critical thinking) and depth of character in my friends and chose -rather- not to start arguments with my neighbors and acquaintances. Forums are more like interactive-educational gaming time (since I'm not a gamer) than socializing or party time.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:48 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Thats exactly what the bible is talking about when it refers to lukewarm people; those who are interested yet not interested; meaning neither cold or hot, just inbetween- which is a definition of Agnosticism, in my view of things. Your not for or against, just " Lukewarm." You don't have a clue! Its like clouds without water, or wells without water, both biblical examples of Agnosticism. Just classic confusion. Its like a human not knowing wether they are male or female, caught in a confusion, so they live a life as both. Not willing to be one or the other, not willing to be complettely cold or hot.
Don't insult yourself. Do some research. There are lukewarm Agnostics as there are lukewarm Christians and Atheists. Go look up the definition and history of Agnosticism and "lukewarm" while you are at it. The only classic confusion is the one you are inflicting upon yourself. Your chosen view of things doesn't matter that much, for it is you who has no clue. Are you not just some couch-thinker mining too hard into a certain hypnotic tool used by the religious? Agnosticism is the epitome of freedom, understanding, and salvation from lies. It is the Spirit of Science and Progress and the Illumination of this world. It is like throwing away your trash, and cleaning your dirty laundry. It is like the radiance of a thousand Suns breaking apart bleak clouds of denial and stubbornness. Paul's sin of hubris lead to DEATH for his egotistically blasphemies of Agnostos Theos. Wells without water bear none, yet wells with the dirtiest of water bear the worst kind! They shall eat their own words and swallow their forked tongues in the boundless deserts of Hell until they realize their limited position as sentient beings. Caught in their own confusion of not knowing whether they are material or spiritual, slaves or free-men, so they live a life as both, not willing to be one, or the other, being LUKEWARM.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The apostle Peter pretended to not believe in God, because he was afraid of being arrested, and thousands of humans have repeated this same dynamic in our history. Many Islamic peoples pretend not to believe in a certain God, in order to save their own lives. Many Americans pretend not to believe in God for many reasons; political, romantic, jobs, peer pressure, and just as many pretend to believe when they don't.

Peter? .... I thought it was Marty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality