Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Did you see the episode of Entourage where Drama goes to a doctor for a prescription card so he can buy the hat they sell at the club?
I've never seen that show, but it sounds like a funny episode! Does anyone here watch "Weeds?" Totally hilarious & well-written show, even if pot isn't your thing. But the best pot-related episode I can remember was on "ER," where one of the doctors got a joint for a dying patient... showed the real reason it should be legalized, apart from all the recreational enjoyment. I have a friend who's suffered from brain cancer for years (still fighting it), and pot is the only thing that's kept his weight healthy. He cannot eat otherwise, and was the first person I knew to get a legitimate prescription.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
if someone gets the munchies, and eats 4 dozen donuts, are they guilty of the sin of gluttony?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
I'm getting the munchies from just reading this thread!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I'm getting the munchies from just reading this thread!!!!
LOL... here are some of my favorite munchies for ya'll:

Has anyone tried the new Oreo Cakesters?? OMG, if eating those isn't a sin, I don't know what is!!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
if someone gets the munchies, and eats 4 dozen donuts, are they guilty of the sin of gluttony?
One of my friends that is still a heavy user, one time ate...19 dunkin doughnuts in less than 10 minutes....to this day even is she's stoned she cringes at doughnuts.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... here are some of my favorite munchies for ya'll:

Has anyone tried the new Oreo Cakesters?? OMG, if eating those isn't a sin, I don't know what is!!
Ok I don't like cakes, cookies or candies...but even I have to admit Oreo's may just be the most perfect snack food ever created.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
One of my friends that is still a heavy user, one time ate...19 dunkin doughnuts in less than 10 minutes....to this day even is she's stoned she cringes at doughnuts.
back in the day, we'd have contests who could eat the most Gino Giants.
For those younger folks, Gino Giants were the best! They put a big mac to shame.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM

292 posts, read 934,054 times
Years back I used to smoke the stuff. I got delivered of it when I went to treatment. That was when I was baptised in the Holy Spirit. The desire for it left me.
Sometime after that I met a man and his wife. New believers that had started to attend this bible study I used to go to. The man knew I used to partake so was open with me that they were still using it. Smoking before or after bible study etc. I told him when the time came when the Lord would start warning him to quit, he'd better do it as otherwise he may get busted or something worse. Like spacing off while driving and getting into an accident. The man laughed at me and said he felt God had given pot for our delight.
WELL then, within the very next few days, a man that had no idea this couple was partaking called him. Told him he'd had a vision of the police going to their house and finding weed growing in the basement and busting them. BINGO! Guess what? They actually had pot growing in their basement. They heeded the warning, got rid of the pot and stopped right then and there for they knew it was the Lord saying to stop or something more would happen.
There's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruralgalnebraska View Post
Years back I used to smoke the stuff. I got delivered of it when I went to treatment. That was when I was baptised in the Holy Spirit. The desire for it left me.
Sometime after that I met a man and his wife. New believers that had started to attend this bible study I used to go to. The man knew I used to partake so was open with me that they were still using it. Smoking before or after bible study etc. I told him when the time came when the Lord would start warning him to quit, he'd better do it as otherwise he may get busted or something worse. Like spacing off while driving and getting into an accident. The man laughed at me and said he felt God had given pot for our delight.
WELL then, within the very next few days, a man that had no idea this couple was partaking called him. Told him he'd had a vision of the police going to their house and finding weed growing in the basement and busting them. BINGO! Guess what? They actually had pot growing in their basement. They heeded the warning, got rid of the pot and stopped right then and there for they knew it was the Lord saying to stop or something more would happen.
There's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.
Interesting story, ruralgal! I imagine that did get their attention! That's why I said initially that there's really no point in arguing the merits of it past the point that... it's illegal!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Interesting story, ruralgal! I imagine that did get their attention! That's why I said initially that there's really no point in arguing the merits of it past the point that... it's illegal!
Not to mention that for medicinal purposed there is oral THC or is it TCH...I'll have to check...but the point being there are other ways to get the medicinal affect, closely monitored and dosed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality