Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,063 times

Advertisements

So, remember the weird video on Lost History thread?

Well, I think I found the original poster (anyone who tries to take down this will be found and beaten up, because I pretty much know this is the original source).

Spirit Science 1 ~ Thoughts - YouTube

It's sorta semi-religious, semi-conspiracy theory stuff, but it's fun to watch.

And yes, you can take it with skepticism if you want. But nobody get rid of it.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 09-03-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 AM

Mkay, so, yea it's wacky, but this guy's all heart.

Today he's talking about the demystification on 2012 Mayan Cycle, and why "nothing happened" is probably an oversimplification.

Spirit Science 16 ~ The Shift of Ages - YouTube

Basically, the explanation is that around 2012, mankind hit its breaking point. Worldwide depression (oh sorry "recession"), poverty, disease, government control and misinformation, etc, etc.

After 2012, basically is a "waking up" point, where consciousness will begin to shift (i.e. people will hopefully wise up and stop listening to news propaganda), and a new era is beginning, with new options.

So, let's debate, or something. If options are indeed opening, how do you want things to go? We can go a number of ways:
  • More of the same (yay...)
  • Sort of like how the 1960s should have turned out, with peace and love everywhere.
  • Annihilation of our species (yay for nukes...)
  • Something else (explain)

Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times
Can we not discuss this w/o the YouTubes? Folk generally like to read opinions and not discuss someone's offering w/o defending critique.

IMO the whole Mayan debacle came from the fact that the end of daze folk ran out of biblical time lines. Most of the previous fear tactics were driven by the false links to the formation of Israel as some prophetic milestone. We had the lost generation of Daniel and a generation biblically speaking is 40 years. 1988 came and went so they changed this to suggest that it was in fact a Jubilee Generation IOW 50 years. 1998 came and went. Then it hinged around the 1967 war when Jerusalem was surrounded (it was not) +40 and 2007 came and went. I doubt they will try the jubilee angle again but that is only 3 and a bit years away so who knows.

I do however think your idea of a change is accurate as folk are waking up not only from the lies of politicians but also starting to see the same nonsense offered by religious leaders and so called profits.

The rapture index (<- take your pick) is at an all time high again seeing Syria is in the mix and Damascus is mentioned in the Bible Isaiah 17 I think. Yup that is the chapter. Really this is connecting imaginary dots where none exist or a really sick and demented world view that relishes in the destruction of other humans just so they can go cloud surfing with Jesus.

Of course this type of belief plays well into the politicians hands to garner support for a war few rational people can find justification for. What I observe is a different mindset in that folk generally are not supportive on both sides of the political spectrum.

Looking in from the outside, there really appears to be little distinction of clear division between religion and politics in the US. Even in our apartheid days, there remained a clear divide between the two and where I grew up, it was unheard of to mix the two. Ergo, this end of daze stuff is predominantly an American thing.

The Left behind series obviously made a huge impact whereas very few here even teach on a second coming. Generally the consensus here is you die then meet Jesus.

I also think the change you allude to is b/c we are flooded with news from the net and one can actually fact check stuff or at least read alternative news sources. Back in 2001 post 9/11, from my perspective I only still had a dial up connection. Now you can get stuff on your phone and the grape vine has gone wireless.

But despite these advances, folk remain woefully uninformed and that is just sad to say the least.

I am not sure how old you are but back in my youth I still remember Movietone news where folk got a lot of their international news from at the cinema. The rapture ready garbage never made it into those news reels this side of the pond. Most of it bubbled up in the 90s amongst the American affiliated pentecostals and charismatics. It fourished b/c we were transitioning to black rule and the white woos all predicted the end of the world and yet nearly 20 years later, we are still here. There is no way that it will get legs again on this continent.

Childhood indoctrination still holds a strong bias and I see this on FB with some (very few) of my friends suddenly sharing Jesus memes. Those were all evangelical types from the 70s and what we called Holy Joes. They were a very very small minority and back then we were defacto believers as probably 90% self identified as christian. Most of us would have been classified as heathen spawn by the US believers. TBH, religion only was an issue with one relationship I had with a girl who was a CoC type. Pity, she was rather hot (picture a Farrah Fawcett look alike) but no way would have married me unless I converted. She ended up getting knocked up by another dude in that church and had to marry. She is now divorced.

Even her crazy sect (I attended their youth meetings for the lasses of course ) did not teach end times, very much legalistic.

Anyway that is mhai contribution. As for the Mayans well I guess the calendar guy died before doing 2013 - whatever.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:24 AM

This is pretty interesting. Yea, I've heard of some of these holy roller groups. Actually, it still is active. A cult I happened about by accident was like "Yea, the end of the world is coming soon. And we'll have a second death if we're unworthy."

But well, I'm mainly gonna talk about what he says, because the topic is about these videos.

Well actually, and this guy is nuts, the videos from 1-16 were about sort of tying together strange stuff like sacred geometries (I also have a video from him on that, on the Intelligent Design page), and astrology.

Basically, he sees the move to secularize as essentially good, but they threw alot of useful tools away as "superstition" which led to a flawed understanding (i.e. meditation, study of psychic phenomena, or study of said geometries) of stuff. Since without these tools, science could only understand the physical world and not the spiritual one, people sort of put stuff like that on hold, and instead pursued materialism. Religion had also lost sight of many of these tools, because of a dumbing down as humanity lost alot of knowledge from earlier eras (example, the Egypt language was until recently unreadable before the Rosetta Stone, and so many of the symbols of religious/scientific meaning from bygone eras were likewise lost), so yay materialism too. We've basically felt the bad effects of materialism, like Walmart takeovers, and consumer organizations that can say "I don't like the internet, let's pass SOPA", and so things have begun to get really bad.

He talks about how the sphinx is much older than we think because the sides have what appear to be water damage (tracing it back to earlier than 6000 BC), but because most archaeologists are not secular but Muslim, they can't accept a creation of the world before 6000 BC. Using the fact that it has a face of a lion, probably puts it under the Age of Leo, and the earliest such age that was in an Ice Age was actually 11k BC.

Ya' see, the Earth has a wobble, and it moves according to the zodiac system. As the Earth aligns itself through rotation it also goes through subrotations, which adjusts its poles and such (getting it aligned with a certain angle (365/12 = equals every 30 degrees) puts us in a zodiac age), which he believes by aligning the planet strengthens/weakens the planet's electromagnetic grid, and raises/lowers consciousness. Basically, that Age of Aquarius being sung about in the sixties? It actually starts on the precise date where the Mayan Calendar ends...

Anyway, this Age coincides with the above materialism recoil causing disturbing stuff like global recession and wars, and people waking up to "hold on here, something's weird about all this."

And yea, I can explain much of this in summary, but you're missing loads and loads of facts (if you you can call them that, they're so strange that some of it, I only partially buy) and because it's out of context, I sound like a crazy person. So umm, I want you to watch maybe four or five at least of these videos (they're short) and tell me, agree/disagree/whatever. But it's hard to debate if not both sides have all the information (ends up being a strawman debate, and that sucks).

There's a load of side-topics too, like the reason we typically say "Hell/Heaven" is because we've got broken method of thinking as stuff is parts rather than whole, and if you combine Heaven/Hell you get a sort of dreamlike afterlife, where people define their realty. In fact, he pictures the afterlife as the identical place we visit in dreams, the difference being that we aren't tied to our bodies.

So yea, it's sort of about trying to make a secular sense of the divine without resorting to faulty and incomplete models (let's face it, I can argue around most science, because it simply has no answer on matters like people reporting astral projection. "They're making stuff up/delusional." Mkay, but what about when people with nothing in common all describe similar experiences about such things?)

So I'm gonna link to all the other ones below.

Watch a few, and if a topic hits you that you wanna talk about, shoot.

(Skipping 1 & 16)

Part 2: Chakras (also worth a watch because the first two minutes talks about the whole mess of materialism)
Part 3: Channeling
Part 4: Male and Female Energy (he thinks our society is too masculine, and this is why it's too warlike and success driven, so we need to balance out a bit)
Part 5: Keys to our Past
Part 6: Flower of Life (There is arguably Intelligent Design, but it is not necessarily a God made it, so much as there is a model for stuff like life that is common to alot of things)
Part 7: Dimensions
(I'm gonna skip meditation and astral projection since they seem to be side topics)
Part 10: Sacred Math
Part 11: Evolution

(You can watch the ones past this if you want, or not)

Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,544 times
sorry, I only have dial-up so watching video's are not an option, however I do have some thoughts on these subjects.
Geometry- can anyone argue that geometry affects much of the world?
Male- Female- Can anyone argue that females are subjugated? What would happen if males and females were considered equal?
What would be the outcome if we resurrected and studied much of the knowledge that our ancesters had and applied it to our lives.
Just some thoughts.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,675,837 times
Quote:
. Basically, that Age of Aquarius being sung about in the sixties? It actually starts on the precise date where the Mayan Calendar ends...
That is totally inaccurate.
"When the moon is in the 7th house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars" is what is said in the song.
However, Mars had NO alignments with any other planet on 12-21-12.
And age processions occur during a Spring Equinox, not a winter solstice.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 PM

Well, that is a good point.

Though I'd also like to point out... people drugged out of their minds and/or making the lyrics fit to a song (rhymes with "stars") vs someone's personal research.

That said, I'm having trouble getting through the Four Elements lesson later on, because they put the elements to really weird seasons. Normally, I think they base it on Fire = Summer (summer is hot), Earth = Spring (stuff growing), Wind = Fall (stuff falling/blowing away), and Water = Winter (cold). Or Fire = Summer, Earth = Winter (because it's cool and dry), Water = Fall (because it's cool and wet), Wind = Spring (it's warm and wet). He mixed it around to such an extent that Summer was water.

So no, sometimes this guy does really weird research. Of course, it's often so plausible given the background info that you literally cannot tell whether to believe it or not.

The actual truth of the matter, however, is astrologers generally don't know (this is complicated by matters such as the Gregorian calendar not really based on traditional lunar or solar models making it difficult to track months or even years, but also because we can't be sure when other such events are, because we haven't seriously used this as a calendar system in quite a while). Wikipedia puts it either as already come, or at the closest date at around November 20, 2011 (but keep in mind this may be off due to displacement using our calendar) or the furthest date along 3573 AD. There are even people who think it's not really a given year but a process, shifting stuff from the world we know of today to one more... well, different. It's characterized by globalism, new ideas, rebellion vs authority, and eventually a sort of cosmic awakening. The final part can be stifled by negative forces such as consumerism and materialism (subsets of globalism).

Old 09-06-2013, 03:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,216,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Geometry- can anyone argue that geometry affects much of the world?
I think we as humans look for patterns to try and make sense of a lot of things. That the geometry is there, no question but mostly due to chance or the ways atoms bond to form whatever they form.
Quote:
Male- Female- Can anyone argue that females are subjugated? What would happen if males and females were considered equal?
This aspect transcends many cultures and I personally do not think it has anything to do with religion although that aspect did not help. The average male is larger and stronger than the female and that seems apparent in other species too. I seriously doubt men would endure childbirth pains as well as women. I certainly believe that we are equal in contributions as a species but there are certain aspects women are stuck with until man invents a synthetic uterus.

I like the joke of god having only two items left in his bag of tricks to give Adam and Eve. Multiple orgasms and the ability to pee standing up. We all know how that turned out
Quote:
What would be the outcome if we resurrected and studied much of the knowledge that our ancesters had and applied it to our lives.
Here I think religion has a lot to answer for iro the dark ages. It does seem that folk were not that ignorant at the turn of the Current Era. There were already many deep philosophical postulations from BCE that hold true even to this day. If we were allowed to evolve our thinking sooner w/o the church banning and burning heretics. These all seemed to be onto something new.

Since the exploration and discovery of information is no longer shackled or controlled by the RCC, we have made leaps and bounds. Needless to say, folk were force fed ignorance and that is still prevalent today.

We are probably more informed today than any previous dispensation. Perhaps in another 1000 years (if we do not manage to annihilate ourselves) folk will look back on us as ignorant.

Many extinct cultures tend to suggest that they had in fact made significant progress in astronomy. Equally cultures have gone extinct as they were really stupid and connected to that weird pagan beliefs. Easter Island comes to mind here.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Perhaps in another 1000 years (if we do not manage to annihilate ourselves) folk will look back on us as ignorant.
I'd give it only 200 years. There are a few things that we do (particularly in agricultural science and medicine) that are so wrong-headed and wasteful that they almost rate along with bleeding and leeches of earlier centuries. I mean seriously, earlier generations didn't get into the trendy bio-cultures of new age organic farming, but they didn't do conventional heavy pesticide farming, which screws up the soil aned makes it so you have to move on from land because it has nothing left. Nor did they manage to almost kill off all the bees. And in terms of medicine, they didn't disregard years and years of previous herbal medicine in favor of mainly synthetics.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,675,837 times
Many astrologers are aware of the calendar mess, but it is irrelevant to the study. One thing that is for sure that astrologers know is that processions happen at the turning of Spring. Now the duration between processions is something of a variable. Some (it is said) last about 2100 years and other closer to 2500 years.

Maybe this will help you with the element association. Today there are many mixes, but anyone who goes far enough back in occult and hermetic study will mainly find this:
Air, Spring, East, sunrise, windy, birth, mental
Fire, Summer, South, noon, hot, growth, life spark/source
Water, Autumn, sunset, rain, death, emotional
Earth, Winter, midnight, cold, decay, physical

I have a natural tendancy to associate Fire with Spring since the season starts when the sun moves into Aries which is a fire sign, Summer is water, sun moves into water sign of Cancer, Fall is air moves into Libra, and air sign, and then winter is Capricorn, an Eath sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality