Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...
At least you are succinct in your opinion. Even though it appears to be born ignorance. And I mean that term in a sense of not knowing.

Last edited by cupper3; 09-25-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default And man shall have His dominion over "The Lesser Beasts"...

Richard does not want to know, nor to even explore. He's in need of his emotional touchstone, and that is that! This is by no means unusual amongst ardent Christians, btw!

I again default now to my conclusion, after 4 years here on C-D's supposedly open-minded fora, that there are indeed two intellectually different sub-species or tribes of hominids on this planet:

1) those who are open to alternatives, esp, when the evidence is overwhelming, and..

2) the other tribe, who literally will not entertain any such divisive (to them, at least...) ideas, since they are dedicated, both emotionally and intellectually, to the very contradictory, fact-free, un-evidenced and spiritually constrained concept of The One and Only Abrahamic God, the one that man Himself (and grown out of man's oversized and arrogant ego, to be sure..) invented out of their fear-based need about ±2500 years ago.

Their loss, obviously.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
...snip... and..

2) the other tribe, who literally will not entertain any such divisive (to them, at least...) ideas, since they are dedicated, both emotionally and intellectually, to the very contradictory, fact-free, un-evidenced and spiritually constrained concept of The One and Only Abrahamic God, the one that man Himself (and grown out of man's oversized and arrogant ego, to be sure..) invented out of their fear-based need about ±2500 years ago.

Their loss, obviously.
Their loss, indeed.

I lost a beloved sister to Fundamentalist/Evangelical Pseudo-Christian, Bovine Excrement. And she ruined three children. And they are passing on their wounds.

It makes me very sad.

And determined to fight narrow-mindedness at every opportunity.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
At least you are succinct in your opinion. Even though it appears to be born ignorance. And I mean that term in a sense of not knowing.

But I do know...

Old 09-28-2013, 09:44 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Richard does not want to know, nor to even explore. He's in need of his emotional touchstone, and that is that! This is by no means unusual amongst ardent Christians, btw!

I again default now to my conclusion, after 4 years here on C-D's supposedly open-minded fora, that there are indeed two intellectually different sub-species or tribes of hominids on this planet:

1) those who are open to alternatives, esp, when the evidence is overwhelming, and..

Their loss, obviously.

For someone who claims they're so well educated and a "scientist" you seem incapable at reading the true nature of a person

Old 09-28-2013, 10:00 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
Quote:

Their loss, obviously.
Now Rifleman
Not all of us are HOMINIDS!!!

You are correct though. Some of us will abandon what does not work. We learn from repeated trial and error, with consistant, measurable, results, that which does not work should be set aside for something that does.
Which is why I
* DO not buy Fords
* DO not waste money on Junk Bonds or presliced watermelon
* DO not waste time on Sunday mornings in a church
* When I want answers, go to textbooks, articles and experts on the subject, instead of *Sigh* reading the Bible and then saying "None of it matters, I am going to take a nap"

Old 10-03-2013, 08:08 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default Heck on Wheels!

Quote:
But I do know...
Quote:
For someone who claims they're so well educated and a "scientist" you seem incapable at reading the true nature of a person
Claims? Me? Hee hee... You've provided all the opportunities here for me and others with fully accredited educations to show most clearly that we have a lot more understanding about reality and the "hows" and "whys" of this world.

You still require magic unicorns and fairies to explain your perceptions. I on the other hand gave that stuff up when I was a teen, and my mind started to work. Perhaps you might want to seek out some diagnostic help with what is possibly an insidious but recurrent neurological misfire? No need to make it public; psychs are required by law to keep one's patient's confessionals and deep pathologies private!

You could always just give it a thought; it can only light up your life, as mine was. Happiness and contentment is the only outcome, if one is capable of personal honesty, and you could still go to church to enjoy the finger-waggling, ceremonial finger pointing at others in the church social "elite"chats as well as the ego-driven and (frankly sociopathic...) devotional sanctity of the post-sermon tea and bisquit ceremonies!

("Margie, did you hear that Fred and Sally, once quiet and deeply Christian members in our church here, were seen talking [<gasp!>] to a Democrat recently? Those deeply aberrational people who seem to accept gays and AIDs victims and... Evolution!. Makes me feel sick! You do know, of course Margie, that God sent AIDS to kill off the evils, right?")

http://americamagazine.org/sites/def...?itok=1G6rQk8C

Btw, this one shows that The Church is finally modernizing! I'm impressed! Wonder what Jesus is texting this geezer, who was educated in the late '80s/ the 1890s that is...

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/a...Read-Only).jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Now Rifleman! Not all of us are HOMINIDS!!!

You are correct though. Some of us will abandon what does not work. We learn from repeated trial and error, with consistent, measurable results, that which does not work should be set aside for something that does.

Which is why I

* DO not buy Fords
* DO not waste money on Junk Bonds or presliced watermelon
* DO not waste time on Sunday mornings in a church
* When I want answers, go to textbooks, articles and experts on the subject, instead of *Sigh* reading the Bible and then saying "None of it matters, I am going to take a nap"
I protest! My '96 FORD F350 PowerStroke Crew-4X4 works like HELL! (Well, OK: that 444E motor is and was an outstanding decision (they couldn't find anything else right away that would fit..) , but the E4OD trans that Ford slouched off on us should really have lasted longer than 110k miles, esp. since I NEVER towed or overloaded it and always changed it's ATF with Amsoil Synth ATF every 15,000 miles!

Anyhow, I now expect it, with it's specially HD-rebuilt Auto Trans (welded Torque Conv and HD clutches, etc.) to all last for well over 500,000 miles, unlike the shuddering, sketchy, dire and quivering hopes for eternal spiritual longevity of all those faker's religious hopes!

Their pathological fear of even flipping to the intro pages of any recently published biology text is amazing! To think: someone could be that paralyzed by what they know would be Ed-jah-kay-tuhn indeed!

So... run, Christian soldiers! Be V.M. Afraid!

Last edited by rifleman; 10-03-2013 at 08:23 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 01:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
I'm still waiting for someone to make a dog. Or at least ANYTHING living. Theory is one thing...but come on...let's do it! Make it happen.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or at least ANYTHING living.
More than 300 million Americans can tell you their parents did just that.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
More than 300 million Americans can tell you their parents did just that.
But not by taking some chemicals and putting them together in a test tube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality