Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Let's review, shall we?

OK: 3...2...1... Start!:

All organized life is made up of just a very few amino acids. Done and done. Refuting that one, Vizio?

Then, two, all DNA is made from those few amino acids. Rebuking that one, Vizio?

Then, continuing up the reverse ladder of honest investigation and observables, we then realize that DNA mutates on it's own at a fairly regulated rate. Well measured, and into the millions of years. (biochemical energy dynamics and all that...).

"No!!" you say., Vizio?

Then, we know such mutations which are NOT lethal either continue, reliably, to exist in a neutral status, or are utilized if they promote some positive tribute. If, for instance, they are group vectored (i.e.: mass facilitated) by a new mutation that triggers them all. "No NO NO!!", says Captain "V"?

Then we know that like-organisms share DNA maps (as with a completely wild African Wild Cat, but which is 100% genetically equal to a domestic cat, but is also 99.99999% identical to several other still-existing African based cats (the Cerval, and others...)"OH NO No... Say it isn't so!" yowls the outdone Vizio...)

And that we can also inject a slightly different DNA section & observe it' subsequent incorporation, all of it with full observation and documentation. Even when we just drop some new DNA segments into a tub full of existing genetic material, WHOOOPSEE-POOF!!; it all just happens to incorporate due to natural biochemical interactions. (As in, if we alter the pH, temp or some other variable, the action does not then occur. Funny how God would do that instead of just incorporating that homeless DNA anyhow, since He could care less about pH!)

All this out of some enzyme that also formed up under multi-millions of years of trial and error! Wow, huh?

We do this into a lab tube and wait for it. But why wait when we can speed up a known phenomenon?

Why indeed? Because then we get the exactly correct linage that creates, say, ocelots, Egyptian wild cats, and so on. And on and on up to the African Lion, N. American painter, and so on.

Hmmm.. it seems the Vizio has gone and turned himself into The Honesty Police!

After all, Christianity demands that you don't purposefully lie! That's a sin! Now you don't want to be caught up in sin, do you, Vizio? I thought not!
Let me know when you have made a dog out of amino acids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Let us know when your god poofs one out of mid-air.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Why should we? Even if we did, you'd say 'you created that - so God created all the other stuff'. Fact is that you are just looking for reasons to ignore the evidence and insist on Goddunnit.

Fine. We don't mind. You believe what you like. You can't tell us there is no evidence, no transitionals, no pre -cambrian fossils or no possibility that abiogenesis could work. You can only demand that we produce a dog out of a cat, or amino - acids or DNA, or anything to tell yourself that it doesn't work.

We'll just get on giving the evidence to those who are prepared to listen and not just push it away with eyes wide shut. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
...snip...
We'll just get on giving the evidence to those who are prepared to listen and not just push it away with eyes wide shut. The only person you are fooling is yourself.
Except that he leads a congregation and no doubt at least a few agree with him. And I think about the lurkers here, especially those who feel lost, lonely and alienated. They are easy prey for someone claiming to have all the answers.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Let us know when your god poofs one out of mid-air.
He already has.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
He already has.
Show me. I must have blinked.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Why should we? Even if we did, you'd say 'you created that - so God created all the other stuff'.
Good to see you're catching on! The idea of abiogenesis is a fairy tale. Even if it were true, where'd the materials of life come from? You can't answer that.
Quote:

Fact is that you are just looking for reasons to ignore the evidence and insist on Goddunnit.
As opposed to EvolutionDoneIt?
Quote:
Fine. We don't mind. You believe what you like. You can't tell us there is no evidence, no transitionals, no pre -cambrian fossils or no possibility that abiogenesis could work. You can only demand that we produce a dog out of a cat, or amino - acids or DNA, or anything to tell yourself that it doesn't work.
OK....I don't mind. You believe what you like. You can't tell us there is no evidence, no signs of common design, or even evidence that abiogenesis actually worked. You can only demand that we produce measurement of a God who is not part of creation so you can tell yourself that he doesn't exist.
Quote:
And we'll just get on giving the evidence to those who are prepared to listen and not just push it away wiht their eyes wide shut. The only person you are folling is yourself.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,019 times
Quote:
He already has.
To be fair, that argument is perfectly valid for evolution as well...

If science needs to reproduce the creation of a universe in the lab for you to believe that that is how the universe came to be, then logically you should be asking God to make the same demonstration...

-NoCapo

Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
To be fair, that argument is perfectly valid for evolution as well...
I understand what you're saying. But I want to point out that we have at LEAST as much evidence for the existence of God as we do evolution.
Quote:
If science needs to reproduce the creation of a universe in the lab for you to believe that that is how the universe came to be, then logically you should be asking God to make the same demonstration...

-NoCapo
We believe that God created the universe. You're the one arguing that life evolved....but you're ignoring the basic question of how the universe got here.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Good to see you're catching on! The idea of abiogenesis is a fairy tale. Even if it were true, where'd the materials of life come from? You can't answer that.
I believe we already have. The biochemicals have been found in quantity in gas clouds out in space.

Quote:
As opposed to EvolutionDoneIt?
Yep. The evidence is there.

Quote:
OK....I don't mind. You believe what you like. You can't tell us there is no evidence, no signs of common design, or even evidence that abiogenesis actually worked. You can only demand that we produce measurement of a God who is not part of creation so you can tell yourself that he doesn't exist.
Glad you don't mind. Lots of people seem to, otherwise I don't know why they keep trying to dismiss the evidence FOR evolution. I'm not asking for anything about God except that his pawprints are there in bioforms. the argument for design do not work. The evidence is for common biological origin.

Quote:
And we'll just get on giving the evidence to those who are prepared to listen and not just push it away wiht their eyes wide shut. The only person you are folling is yourself.
But you are not giving any evidence. That is the whole problem. All you are doing is dismissing the evidence FOR evolution on the grounds that it isn't happening fast enough to convince you.

Sorry for the misstypes. I thought I'd corrected those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality