Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2019, 03:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

Oh my, Arach.
This will be an event that comes once in a lifetime. (It's,like, the big one.)
I'll be thinking of you and your dorkie brother. xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 09:27 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Lol if ypu had evidence then there would be no gaps in your theroy.
Again that makes no sense. I can still have strong evidence for something and still have gaps. Think of a picture puzzle that is half complete.

Quote:
Thus you make a choice and fill those gaps with your theroy of materialism.
Snowflakes are evidence for naturalism, not for snow Kobolds. 7.6 billion people are evidence intelligent beings do not simply exist knowing how to create universes.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:02 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Again that makes no sense. I can still have strong evidence for something and still have gaps. Think of a picture puzzle that is half complete.

Snowflakes are evidence for naturalism, not for snow Kobolds. 7.6 billion people are evidence intelligent beings do not simply exist knowing how to create universes.
and yet we still have design which you have to explain away. You observe something (design) time and time again in the universe but simply deny that which you observe.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:36 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,574,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Care to explain? I'm lost in grammar.

Btw, snowflakes. No one really knows where rain is coming from, though it is "explained". Tap any serious scientist, they will shy away from 100% proof positive answer. I mean, real scientist, honest one, not those who parrot what they read in school books.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:58 PM

102 posts, read 46,407 times
This is a topic very near and dear to me. However it seems like this thread has been hijacked and steered way off topic. Well I think that past lives memories would be important for many reasons. I think one reason could be to make you spiritually aware. Another may be to learn and grow. I could go on and on but I think I’ll stop here. Let’s just go back to the pointless banter. Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2019, 09:04 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyupsidedown19 View Post
This is a topic very near and dear to me. However it seems like this thread has been hijacked and steered way off topic. Well I think that past lives memories would be important for many reasons. I think one reason could be to make you spiritually aware. Another may be to learn and grow. I could go on and on but I think I’ll stop here. Let’s just go back to the pointless banter. Happy New Year!
Why? This is interesting.

However, I'm not sure that there has to be a "reason" for them.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Care to explain? I'm lost in grammar.
Humans evolved. People are born. They have to learn complex subjects. This we know. We do not know anyone who just existed, and who knew how to do things. Yet first cause theists want us to believe that their god did just exist, and somehow knew how to create a universe? Saying it just did answers nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Btw, snowflakes. No one really knows where rain is coming from, though it is "explained". Tap any serious scientist, they will shy away from 100% proof positive answer. I mean, real scientist, honest one, not those who parrot what they read in school books.
But they are still products of natural forces, and not an intelligent being.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Well, my many past life memories made me very humble...showed how amazingly dense I am, repeating
the same mistake over and over. I got it now about 95%.
I got that I shouldn't murder and pillage and rob banks !

It's the simple things that kept me from really moving on and progressing in wisdom;
Gossip.
Tho, true - is unkind and hurts the other person on a psychic level to perpetuate the memory
of their mistake
and to influence another's opinion of them.
Bad ju-ju. I keep my mouth shut, um, maybe 97% of the time, finally. 'Venting' to a friend is
a trick of the ego.

I still sigh, at this tough lesson for me to learn; undoing the ego's grip. Does it seem small?
Just another trick of the egoic mind.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
I came from 32 people several generations ago.

one look in any history book answers ...

what is usefulness of past life memories?

Old 01-01-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
and yet we still have design which you have to explain away. You observe something (design) time and time again in the universe but simply deny that which you observe.
We do not deny design, there is no design. You just deny this because you need to beg the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality