Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 10:26 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,756,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Sort of. All genetic "repetition" goes back to about 65 000 years ago, when humanity went pretty much extinct. Down to, depends who you listen to, 40 reproductive couples.
NO ONE knows what was before them. Humanity, biologically, rebooted at that period of time. That's how far back genetics can be traced for modern human bodies.
I'll correct this. Not for human bodies. For same genetic origins. Genealogy. Based on DNA. Yes, there were modern humans BEFORE 65 000 years, all the way down to 150 000 years. That's 85 000 years of potential Homo Sapiens development. All gone boommm and started over.
As if you think that for 85 000 years perfectly modern developed and built human did nothing but sit in cave and hunt with sticks and then suddenly got creative about 300 years ago - I seriously doubt that.

Gosh, need to stop editing this.. So yes, biblical flood does have some merit to it. As story about humanity erased and restarted again. It's pretty much accepted fact, not much talked about though.
Perhaps I'm missing something or misunderstanding, but genetic repetition going back only 65,000 years doesn't sound at all right to me...

"The earliest time that life forms first appeared on Earth is at least 3.77 billion years ago, possibly as early as 4.28 billion years, or even 4.5 billion years; not long after the oceans formed 4.41 billion years ago, and after the formation of the Earth 4.54 billion years ago."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earliest_known_life_forms

Humans first appear in the fossil record about 66 million years ago, so just what are we talking about here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 10:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What about the: ॐ
Did you type that, Hep?
I copy pasted Om from my personal email ...but it isn't
next to a 'help' lol...I don't care...prob a spirit in my laptop screaming help.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:44 PM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something or misunderstanding, but genetic repetition going back only 65,000 years doesn't sound at all right to me...

"The earliest time that life forms first appeared on Earth is at least 3.77 billion years ago, possibly as early as 4.28 billion years, or even 4.5 billion years; not long after the oceans formed 4.41 billion years ago, and after the formation of the Earth 4.54 billion years ago."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earliest_known_life_forms

Humans first appear in the fossil record about 66 million years ago, so just what are we talking about here?

I guess, I know something you don't. Yet, it is easy research.

2 cases.

1. The Toba supereruption was a eruption that occurred about 75,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba in Sumatra It is one of the Earth largest volcanic eruptions". The Toba catastrophe theory holds that this event caused a global ]volcanic winte rof six to ten years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode.

The Toba eruption has been linked to a genetic bottleneck in human evolution about 70,000 years ago, which may have resulted from a severe reduction in the size of the total human population due to the effects of the eruption on the global climate. According to the genetic bottleneck theory, between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago, human populations sharply decreased to 3,000–10,000 surviving individuals. Toba catastrophe theory is supported by some genetic evidence suggesting that today's humans are descended from a very small population of between 1,000 and 10,000 breeding pairs that existed about 70,000 years ago

and

2. Genetic Genealogy. Genetic Genealogy proves beyond any doubt that technically entire humanity holds its origins in a small group of people from around 65 000 years ago. Read up on works of Prof Klesov.

His research very closely matches the Toba theory though he believes, there was a meteorite caused extinction.

I don't think it really matters, volcano or meteorite. What matters is that around 65 000/70 000 years ago, there WAS a global catastrophe that almost erased human population.
On same note, same Genetic genealogy proved beyond any doubt that Hebrews come from a single ancestor, called "Abraham") from roughly 4 000 years ago. Compare that to the story of flood/Noah/Abraham in Torah.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 01-13-2020 at 01:03 PM..

Old 01-13-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I guess, I know something you don't. Yet, it is easy research.

2 cases.

1. The]Toba supereruption[ was a eruption] that occurred about 75,000 years ago at the site of present-day /Lake_Toba"]Lake Toba in Sumatra It is one of the Earth_largest_volcanic_eruptions". The Toba catastrophe theory holds that this event caused a global ]volcanic winterof six to ten years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode.

The Toba eruption has been linked to a genetic bottleneck in human evolution about 70,000 years ago, which may have resulted from a severe reduction in the size of the total human population due to the effects of the eruption on the global climate.] According to the genetic bottleneck theory, between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago, human populations sharply decreased to 3,000–10,000 surviving individuals.Toba_catastrophe_theory is supported by some genetic evidence suggesting that today's humans are descended from a very small population of between 1,000 and 10,000 breeding pairs that existed about 70,000 years ago

and

2. Genetic Genealogy. Genetic Genealogy proves beyond any doubt that technically entire humanity holds its origins in a small group of people from around 65 000 years ago. Read up on works of Prof Klesov.

His research very closely matches the Toba theory though he believes, there was a meteorite caused extinction.

I don't think it really matters, volcano or meteorite. What matters is that around 65 000/70 000 years ago, there WAS a global catastrophe that almost erased human population.
On same note, same Genetic genealogy proved beyond any doubt that Hebrews come from a single ancestor, called "Abraham") from roughly 4 000 years ago. Compare that to the story of flood/Noah/Abraham in Torah.
Wouldn't be the first time someone knows something I don't, but beyond reading that truth, I don't have time for the rest right now as I've got to sign off. I look forward to reading more about what you know tomorrow perhaps when I have more time. Until then. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2020, 01:10 PM

Sure. That's a lot of info to read and somehow is not very popularized.

Eruption (or other cause) of such magnitude logically causes absolutely colossal tsunami wave that could circle the globe few times.

Such tsunami is not just a pure oceanic water with maybe some fish in it. It is filled with rocks, sand, and other hard material. Basically, it is a rolling grinding fluid wall, mashing and milling everything in its way.
Such wave will move layers of topsoil, mill bones and flesh into powder. Those who ever saw how ball bearings are sanded and polished, will know what I am talking about.

According to Klesov, this explains, why there is such weird artifacts distribution and so little of bone findings from prehistoric times. Or, clusters of them here and there.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Sure. That's a lot of info to read and somehow is not very popularized.

Eruption (or other cause) of such magnitude logically causes absolutely colossal tsunami wave that could circle the globe few times.

Such tsunami is not just a pure oceanic water with maybe some fish in it. It is filled with rocks, sand, and other hard material. Basically, it is a rolling grinding fluid wall, mashing and milling everything in its way.
Such wave will move layers of topsoil, mill bones and flesh into powder. Those who ever saw how ball bearings are sanded and polished, will know what I am talking about.

According to Klesov, this explains, why there is such weird artifacts distribution and so little of bone findings from prehistoric times. Or, clusters of them here and there.
Interesting...

I don't often encounter new theories in this forum worth considering, but on the other hand I have encountered more than a few people who have strong beliefs in theories not so easily or generally adopted by others. "Not very popularized" as you put it...

How or why we should give stock to these outlier theories, I'm really not sure, but I'm always willing to give them objective consideration. At least this one doesn't involve anyone being born of a virgin, turning water into wine or rising from the dead, but to what extent should we hold this theory above all else we know?

Curious, I did a little digging to learn more and among a fair amount of reading, there is this...

"Other research has cast doubt on a link between Toba and a genetic bottleneck. For example, ancient stone tools in southern India were found above and below a thick layer of ash from the Toba eruption and were very similar across these layers, suggesting that the dust clouds from the eruption did not wipe out this local population. Additional archaeological evidence from southern and northern India also suggests a lack of evidence for effects of the eruption on local populations, leading the authors of the study to conclude, "many forms of life survived the supereruption, contrary to other research which has suggested significant animal extinctions and genetic bottlenecks". However, evidence from pollen analysis has suggested prolonged deforestation in South Asia, and some researchers have suggested that the Toba eruption may have forced humans to adopt new adaptive strategies, which may have permitted them to replace Neanderthals and "other archaic human species". "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

Old 01-14-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
As for the above "proved beyond any doubt," I really don't think so...

"The Abraham story cannot be definitively related to any specific time, and it is widely agreed that the patriarchal age, along with the exodus and the period of the judges, is a late literary construct that does not relate to any period in actual history. A common hypothesis among scholars is that it was composed in the early Persian period (late 6th century BCE) as a result of tensions between Jewish landowners who had stayed in Judah during the Babylonian captivity and traced their right to the land through their "father Abraham", and the returning exiles who based their counter-claim on Moses and the Exodus tradition."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

Again, why do we believe what we do? All too often what we choose to believe seems to have little to do with real evidence and truth but more like this explained about tensions between Jewish landowners and the returning exiles, AKA politics.

There is this too to consider...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hat-we-do.html

Old 01-14-2020, 10:50 AM

That's fine.
To understand Klesov's work, takes likely few years.
As encouragement, I'd suggest to, at least, read through the list of his titles and scintific achievements.
Man is honored with Israel State gold medal for achievements and, if you know Jews, they won't give that to any crazy Shlomo claiming something.

Here's what you did.
Instead of sitting down and going through very tedious process of learning about catastrophe and Klesov's work, to have your own opinion, you simply handpicked any convenient passage that says - all that is bunk. Oh, good, said your mind. We are back to our convenience of not needing to change our opinion and the guy in forum is just another crazy.

I am not even surprised.

Be well.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Backatcha.
It's funny, Arach, I could say it's far-fetched how many are not aware of the things others are - it's really just
fine tuning and expanding your mind or sensitivity to the subtle...and steadfast, deliberate, consistent practice.
Fortitude, resolve, desire and determination, along with knowing anything is within our reach help.

Sit in stillness for even 10-20 minutes each day and see how you change in a week.
After you do that, think of me for decades doing 1-6 hours a sitting - a lot of subtleties come into clear view.
Then, imagine no tobacco, alcohol or meat not even eggs for decades, also... the Unseen World gets very clear.

It's odd to me, see, that people focus on this gross world of CrimeTV, loud music, drugs, meanness and other insanities
of the ego manifesting -then,
find it extraordinary when someone is simply in touch with the 'subtle';
aspects that are right around us in the silence and calm.
I am definitely more with ya then agin ya Miss H.

as you know, I fully support, well science does really, "something more". I just shy I away from letting human emotion determine what that is.

If I made an exact duplicate of you, but did a memory wipe (death and rebirth), It would be uncanny how close you two would behave. So close in fact, that some people wouldn't know enough to know they were wrong in some of their claims about reincarnation.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
That's fine.
To understand Klesov's work, takes likely few years.
As encouragement, I'd suggest to, at least, read through the list of his titles and scintific achievements.
Man is honored with Israel State gold medal for achievements and, if you know Jews, they won't give that to any crazy Shlomo claiming something.

Here's what you did.
Instead of sitting down and going through very tedious process of learning about catastrophe and Klesov's work, to have your own opinion, you simply handpicked any convenient passage that says - all that is bunk. Oh, good, said your mind. We are back to our convenience of not needing to change our opinion and the guy in forum is just another crazy.

I am not even surprised.

Be well.
Interesting challenge you touch upon here...

I suspect we both enjoy reading and learning all we can about these topics that interest us. Reminds me of something I heard a Stanford professor used to do to his students. He would assign them ten times more reading than they could possibly do while the students were in his class, in part to teach a lesson about determining what to read and what not to read.

Keeping this sort of challenge in mind, you are not really fair to describe my approach like you do, but instead of quibbling or defending myself about that, let's think about what approach really works best. How do you or anyone decide what to read let alone believe given all there is to consider beyond anyone's ability to research everything? Simply put, yes I do have some immediate filters or criteria that determines what I give more credence and attention to, before I devote still more time.

While I could spend the time researching what you think is time well spent, can you tell me what justifies researching "not very popularized" theory vs considering all other theories, facts and information to the contrary? All the rest neither of us has the time to research properly?

You know what you know, but given all you don't know, what gives you the level of confidence the theories you seem inclined to believe are really what you think they are? What criteria or process do you apply to distinguish what is worth your further consideration vs more likely not? Seriously?

At least I bothered to learn something more about your comments rather than most people who don't bother. I even offered some additional information that justifies some of my immediate (and justified) skepticism. I do my best in any case and though I can't always do ALL the research one could devote to any subject or theory, I do the best I can with the time I have. Just like I have been doing ever since I learned to read...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality