Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 10:01 PM

51,229 posts, read 24,698,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
may not even be a 'past life memory' or even a 'genetic' relation;
spiritual realm is not locked in time/matter as we are,
Someone 'on the other side', may need your help (prayers, etc).
Jesus did it - made a sacrifice, to help those past/present/future;
and He instructed us to follow Him (do as HE does).
You are grasping at straws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 03:15 PM

19,196 posts, read 27,834,216 times
As a skeptic, I have tried to imagine how the appearance of past life memories might be explained. It strikes me that any of our forebears who had to work through unresolved issues in their lives might be contacting their genetic descendants as a way of "reprocessing" their issues. But ultimately it is too tenuous a notion to convince me.

This is not our forebears. You are confusing the so called family, or clan memory, with Immortal Self memory.

Those are 2 different things.
IS in a body sometimes, if so required by its destiny, may have recollections of previous existences. Such are saved on the matter, Immortal Safe is made out of.

For a human body, memories are stored on the body "soul" and utilized by IS in its after the death states.

DNA is NOT carrying any memory in it, as is described by pop media. DNA is not capable of doing so is a decoy to make crowd believe how this is done. You are intelligent person, Mystic, you should know better.

Your question in itself points towards proof to existence of something, that is beyond physical as, as such memories do occur, though rarely, and are not recorded on any known media, such situation points towards some other media, not currently known to science, that is capable of this process.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:57 PM

22,828 posts, read 19,429,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As a skeptic, I have tried to imagine how the appearance of past life memories might be explained. It strikes me that any of our forebears who had to work through unresolved issues in their lives might be contacting their genetic descendants as a way of "reprocessing" their issues. But ultimately it is too tenuous a notion to convince me.
there are two sets of "lineage" to consider.
your chemical lineage, that is what is passed to you from your physical parents, grandparents, etc.
and your soul lineage, that is your various past lives you have had, with your soul being the same in each lifetime.

similarly you have two sets of "family"
your chemical family, the people you are related to by blood
and your soul family, the people you continue to reincarnate with again and again to experience life together in various roles (for instance you and a loved one might be brothers in one life, husband and wife in another lifetime, parent and child in another lifetime).

the system is one of love. we continue to choose to reincarnate with the same group of people over and over out of sheer love for one another, and the desire to continue to be together across time and space and galaxies

Old 01-11-2020, 06:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,662,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
there are two sets of "lineage" to consider.
your chemical lineage, that is what is passed to you from your physical parents, grandparents, etc.
and your soul lineage, that is your various past lives you have had, with your soul being the same in each lifetime.

similarly you have two sets of "family"
your chemical family, the people you are related to by blood
and your soul family, the people you continue to reincarnate with again and again to experience life together in various roles (for instance you and a loved one might be brothers in one life, husband and wife in another lifetime, parent and child in another lifetime).

the system is one of love. we continue to choose to reincarnate with the same group of people over and over out of sheer love for one another, and the desire to continue to be together across time and space and galaxies
there is no soul linage. so why would we entertain that notion?

Unless you mean a "soul linage" line we have a "memory linage" in our brains through our lives. That i could by.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:02 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,511,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
there is no soul linage. so why would we entertain that notion?
I, and many others, call it a Soul Family or Soul Group...dunno if that helps understand
it better, or not.
Oh my gosh, regarding 2 family members and 3 friends in my life, boy, have I been shown not
only that I have been with them before, that's elementary -but, in what relationship we were.
And wow..did it ever help me
in this life to 'get' what the heck was the the pull or what was going on**....to stay on topic of 'usefulness'.

** 1 example of 'going on' ---it explained why they were so mean to me ---I was not such a great or
evolved person in the mid 1800s. Man, talk about 'every action has a reaction'!!

Now, you don't have to believe me...I know it's weird, "What do mean you were shown?"
It's just part of who I am I now accept - I get these sudden 'visions' in my head and
am quite stunned by them. Oh well...
it's like being suddenly psychic about something.
I freaks some people out and I have to control blurting things out - simple things ---like, nonchalantly
saying
where something is, (that they are looking for - little things).
Many don't get how simple being psychic sometimes is.
It's just information that downloads into your mind. My mother
and I both can pick a card from a deck face down and tellya what it is exactly. Go figure.

Just to give more info on why on earth I know about some past lives.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:11 AM

Sorry, this somehow reminded me of Limitless.

With the help of a mysterious pill that enables the user to access one hundred percent of his brain abilities, a struggling writer becomes a financial wizard, but it also puts him in a new world with lots of dangers.

He also did all kinds of psychic party tricks.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I, and many others, call it a Soul Family or Soul Group...dunno if that helps understand
it better, or not.
Oh my gosh, regarding 2 family members and 3 friends in my life, boy, have I been shown not
only that I have been with them before, that's elementary -but, in what relationship we were.
And wow..did it ever help me
in this life to 'get' what the heck was the the pull or what was going on**....to stay on topic of 'usefulness'.

** 1 example of 'going on' ---it explained why they were so mean to me ---I was not such a great or
evolved person in the mid 1800s. Man, talk about 'every action has a reaction'!!

Now, you don't have to believe me...I know it's weird, "What do mean you were shown?"
It's just part of who I am I now accept - I get these sudden 'visions' in my head and
am quite stunned by them. Oh well...
it's like being suddenly psychic about something.
I freaks some people out and I have to control blurting things out - simple things ---like, nonchalantly
saying
where something is, (that they are looking for - little things).
Many don't get how simple being psychic sometimes is.
It's just information that downloads into your mind. My mother
and I both can pick a card from a deck face down and tellya what it is exactly. Go figure.

Just to give more info on why on earth I know about some past lives.
If the present brain state is similar to a past brain state it will probably have similar memories.

Given genetics, people will repeat.

thats as far as I can go with past lives.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Sorry, this somehow reminded me of Limitless.

With the help of a mysterious pill that enables the user to access one hundred percent of his brain abilities, a struggling writer becomes a financial wizard, but it also puts him in a new world with lots of dangers.

He also did all kinds of psychic party tricks.
the question is

"how far fetched is it?"

Old 01-11-2020, 09:23 AM

Humanity would have all ascended millennia ago, should this have been true. Beautiful hope though. unfortunately, so far from reality.

Though yes, true in one aspect - one's Destiny determines relationships with others, as required to have them worked out. For whatever reason, love, hate (what's the difference, really?) or else.

T., think about it this way. Do you understand, how complex it is for circumstances to align, for what you describing, to happen "a la carte" for EACH Self to re exist? Take all those you interacted, are interacting and will be interacting with in this existence. Just think of complexity of such system of interactions.
Now, with each interaction one creates Destiny, related to it.

Now, do you really think that, there is a magic gauntlet with Eternity Stones in it, that one may use to snap fingers and eternal love through existences to come will be set, through ALL of those complexities? With each participant of them having their own Destiny that needs to be resolved in their own ways?

Sure, sounds nice... very noble. Now, back to reality.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
If the present brain state is similar to a past brain state it will probably have similar memories.

Given genetics, people will repeat.

thats as far as I can go with past lives.

Sort of. All genetic "repetition" goes back to about 65 000 years ago, when humanity went pretty much extinct. Down to, depends who you listen to, 40 reproductive couples.
NO ONE knows what was before them. Humanity, biologically, rebooted at that period of time. That's how far back genetics can be traced for modern human bodies.
I'll correct this. Not for human bodies. For same genetic origins. Genealogy. Based on DNA. Yes, there were modern humans BEFORE 65 000 years, all the way down to 150 000 years. That's 85 000 years of potential Homo Sapiens development. All gone boommm and started over.
As if you think that for 85 000 years perfectly modern developed and built human did nothing but sit in cave and hunt with sticks and then suddenly got creative about 300 years ago - I seriously doubt that.

Gosh, need to stop editing this.. So yes, biblical flood does have some merit to it. As story about humanity erased and restarted again. It's pretty much accepted fact, not much talked about though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality