Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 08:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It has nothing to do with that. It's harmful either way.
Then why did you bring it up in regards to only homosexuality (many homosexuals don't do it) if it's harmful either way?

Either you are claiming that homosexuality is bad because anal sex, or you aren't.
If you are then you need to remember that many homosexuals DON'T have anal sex, and many heterosexuals do.
If you aren't, then why did you bring it up?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:39 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are you by chance a doctor or proctology?
No, but Mystic's here. He's a doctor.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then why did you bring it up in regards to only homosexuality (many homosexuals don't do it) if it's harmful either way?

Either you are claiming that homosexuality is bad because anal sex, or you aren't.
If you are then you need to remember that many homosexuals DON'T have anal sex, and many heterosexuals do.
If you aren't, then why did you bring it up?
Someone else brought that up.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
jimmie's fascination continues....
Yep, I called it on the first page.
Quote:
So basically the only reason stated so far is basically "icky butt sex".

But WHY does what someone else is doing in their room bother you? If you aren't one of the participants, what's the big deal?
Over 400 posts later, and it's mostly about "icky butt sex".

Old 10-02-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Someone else brought that up.

Quote:
Repeated anal sex is harmful to the body.
Did someone hack your computer?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 PM

234 posts, read 162,199 times
Quote:
Either way, it's harmful.
lol...harmful? give me a break

Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Did someone hack your computer?
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I was responding to something else.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
lol...harmful? give me a break
No? Explain.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:56 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I have not brought punishment into the conversation. Why did you? I have never related my faith to punishment and aggression. You have. Smack is your term. Correction is mine.

As a person of faith, I am never silent on matters involving the marginalization of your brothers and sisters in the community. I would cease to be a person of faith if I chose to ignore fundamentalist ideologues who use God as a cudgel.

I tolerate you, and have no intention of not tolerating you. You still require correction. That is where I come in.
I do not use the word "fundie." It is far too narrow.

I do not feel the need to justify my faith to you and your "Fundie" meter. Are you hip yet?
What I'm hip to is that you are here claiming that through "your faith" you feel you are in a position to "correct" others. As if you have special knowledge they don't have.
And you cannot choose to be silent and accept what they do or how they are...because "your faith doesn't allow it". "Smack" is my term for what you do...and have admitted you do.
Ya know...what you have been saying...is the same things that Kim Davis said!
Lucky for us though that people like you and her know what you need to know to "correct" us. And we don't have to worry about not being "corrected" and you just being silent...because "your faith won't allow it".
I must ask...what special knowledge and/or authority do you have to be "correcting" others?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:02 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jimmie, jimme, jimmie . . . there is nothing MORE carnal than lust and sexual gratification. It is impossible NOT to be carnal-minded when focused on it. God is all about the Spiritual as you have been told and we are to be spiritually-minded. What about that do you not get??? Our focus should be on love of God and each other because agape love is spiritual and to love is to know God and be "born of God." Why are you so preoccupied with carnal things???? Things that, as Paul said, will all perish on their own.
Quote:
Since you brought it up, I'm sure you remember what Paul said in Romans 1.
Yes I do, but I am quite certain you do not understand what it actually meant.

Colossians 2:20-23 New International Version (NIV)

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

That is clear that the carnal things we do in this world will all perish on their own with use and are of human origin. I am sure the relevant passage you refer to is in Romans 1:26-32 and you typically interpret it with a carnal mind ignoring the clear spiritual significance. What is described are behaviors engaged in without affection and under lust . . . not love. They would be just as sinful if heterosexual couples had the same reprobate state of mind.

Romans 1:26-32King James Version (KJV)

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I am sure this was your target set of verses, but as the bold reveals they all refer to those things done with a REPROBATE MIND . . . NOT a spiritual or agape-loving one. It is the state of mind that defines the behavior, not the other way around. The clarification of what kind of mind is a reprobate mind actually is revealed in the following verses.

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in Mind them that do them.

It is the taking pleasure in the reprobate nature of what is done that is the reprobate state of mind that is sinful. But an agape-loving state of mind can never be sinful because it would never want to do anything that harmed anyone else even tangentially. You cannot know what state of mind anyone has when behaving, so you have no basis to judge. what is sin. The behavior is not the basis for sinfulness. It is the state of mind that is the basis for the sinfulness as well as the behavior's affect on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality