Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:06 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never seen anyone say those things. At least not with the twist you put on them.
You definitely misread others statements Freak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Hit the nail on the head!
It's what she does!

Old 11-06-2015, 02:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Umm....did you mean to say that to me? Were you speaking to Freak?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Oh really? How about this, did he misread it?

"What innocent? According to the scripture, everyone was wicked except Noah. And God can see into people's hearts." Jeffbase, EVERYONE, would include children.

Jeffbase when asked, "So what do you suppose God saw in a toddler's heart that made that toddler deserve death-by-drowning? Any theories? Were wicked toddlers roaming the earth?"
He responded, "Hitler was once a toddler."

"Same with Sodom and Gomorrah except this dealt with numbers of believers that could not be found, I mean 5 or 10 , give me a break. Just that small amount and it would have been saved, what a wicked and evil place. People chose to live in their debauchery, foolishness and evil ways." Perry, saying there weren't even 5 good souls on Earth at the time. This would include children.

Just a few examples from one thread.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:57 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
I've never seen anyone say those things. At least not with the twist you put on them.
Balderdash. You've said repeatedly that the Christian God was moral when he (according to the Bible) drowned everyone except Noah and his family.

On some forums, it is possible to create permalinks to specific posts, making it possible to catch people in the act when they deny things they have said in the past.

Stop "lying for Jesus." It doesn't make you look good.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Religion has almost always been a horrible catalyst for true giving and charitable acts.

All we have to do is look at the early 20th Century before there were programs like welfare, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Disability, and unemployment insurance.

< I cut out the rest to save space >
Wow, that was the best Shirina Shellacking to date. Bravo.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Balderdash. You've said repeatedly that the Christian God was moral when he (according to the Bible) drowned everyone except Noah and his family.
That is quite different from saying "children deserve to be drowned in a flood".
Quote:
On some forums, it is possible to create permalinks to specific posts, making it possible to catch people in the act when they deny things they have said in the past.

Stop "lying for Jesus." It doesn't make you look good.
I'm certainly not lying. I just think it'd be nice if you'd present the entire story. That's why I added the "with that twist on it" to the end of my statement.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Then you haven't been paying attention to the threads on this forum. Jeff, Eusie, and several others think the flood was fine because EVERYONE including children were evil. That is saying they deserved to drown.
They WERE evil. Do you disagree? By what standard do you decide they weren't?
Quote:

There are many people on these threads that think anyone not of their religion will go to hell and burn for eternity also.
Do you realize that Christians also believe that Christians are deserving of going to hell, as well? If not for the fact that Jesus saves us from it?
Quote:
So, long story short, start paying attention to the threads.
Or maybe you ought to at least understand the context in which we say what we say.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
They WERE evil. Do you disagree? By what standard do you decide they weren't?
By the "not-a-fundamentalist" standard.

You believe what you do, those little kids were evil, because you are a fundamentalist. We non-fundamentalists aren't walking around with that nonsense in our heads. Yay!

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-06-2015 at 03:45 PM..

Old 11-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Quote:
That is quite different from saying "children deserve to be drowned in a flood".
Yeah. Totally different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality